[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest pellonet

I have been a disciple of your ROMs throughout the development process as they seem to give ME what I need which is a fast, stable communications device & not a fashion accessory for the 'willy-wavers' with their need to get the highest possible orange bar on the Qualcom app!.

Thanks for your continued efforts in the development of this very valuable resource & I look forward to trying the R6 when it arrives.

Just one question: I have read elsewhere that apps can be removed from the image before flashing, does this work in reverse i.e. I always use an app called 'ICE-In case of emergency' would it be installed if I placed the apk file into the /system/app directory of the image?

Thanks again

Peter

Guest Simon O
Can you fix sim contact import please?(Unable to port contacts from sim card)

I dont have any contacts on SIM so it's not possible for me to check if it's fixed or not.

Also if possible make status bar transparent?

No. You'll need to make a custom framework to have that.

Guest Simon O
I have been a disciple of your ROMs throughout the development process as they seem to give ME what I need which is a fast, stable communications device & not a fashion accessory for the 'willy-wavers' with their need to get the highest possible orange bar on the Qualcom app!.

Thanks for your continued efforts in the development of this very valuable resource & I look forward to trying the R6 when it arrives.

Just one question: I have read elsewhere that apps can be removed from the image before flashing, does this work in reverse i.e. I always use an app called 'ICE-In case of emergency' would it be installed if I placed the apk file into the /system/app directory of the image?

Thanks again

Peter

Yep just delete apk from the zip or add before flashing and they will be there. The only exception are apps that install libs.

This week for sure. The next two days definitely. Tonight possibly :unsure:

Awesome! Any updates on the new theme ports too? I'm wondering how hard would it be to add a Gingerbread Pack like you kinda have now but also including the keyboard and some other stuff, just to "Gingerfy" the ROM with 1 package? Might be fun. Of course it's not worth thinking about until the ROM itself is finished but still B)

Guest steff.jay
i have just one question: will you also offer a "slim"-version in combination with the system-partition-trick? (hope, you know, what i mean)

sorry for annoying, but just mentioned another question, regarding r5a (and so propably r6 too)

I deleted touchpal.apk from the /app folder in r5a, as I just want the stock keyboard (or the gingerbread keyboard afterwards), but in r5a I got FC's... is this any more complicated, then just deleting touchpal?

sorry again & thanks for your help :unsure:

Guest Lee Black
Yep. Which is why I've been testing this for a few days. Looking at a release this weekend unless something goes badly wrong.

woohooo, i love the weekends :unsure:

Guest tttonyyy
Where did you buy the device and does yours have a 3 or 5MP camera?

Got it from Argos yesterday so pretty sure it's a 3MP one (TFT).

Would try it on the wife's one but I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate me reflashing it (again, heh).

Guest Junior Bear

is there any other themes othe than the gingerbread one?

and ive just installed swype, but i use chompsms as my texting app, and it is playing up, is it an app problem or a rom issue?

Guest southpaw1
Yep just delete apk from the zip or add before flashing and they will be there. The only exception are apps that install libs.

Would it not cause issues later , by putting apk`s into the rom do they install in system ? and therefore cant update if updates come out ,?

Guest dadashi
eagerly waiting for r6.

yup, me as well. :D

It's either Jellyfish, Paul's, Seb's or FLB...

I'd go for FLB's as it's closer to Pauls and probably the most stable of the lot right now, when it's out...

Guest mephestic

Installed the r5a today through clockwork mod.

I was running the r3 modaco rom. I wiped the cache and reset to factory settings before I did it.

A friend has also done it and were having some issues with touchpal.

If the dictionary is on and we try type it crashes and closes but if we turn the dictionary off, we can type manually?

Is this happening for anyone else? If not could you upload the APK for touchpal please and we could try use yours?

--

EDIT:

Also seem to be having issues with bluetooth transfers and transferring files from my laptop to the phone - Anyone else noticed this? or is it working for others?

Edited by mephestic

Guest bob100

I was running the r3 modaco rom. I wiped the cache and reset to factory settings before I did it.

If the dictionary is on and we try type it crashes and closes but if we turn the dictionary off, we can type manually?

Is this happening for anyone else? If not could you upload the APK for touchpal please and we could try use yours?

--

EDIT:

Also seem to be having issues with bluetooth transfers and transferring files from my laptop to the phone - Anyone else noticed this? or is it working for others?

Yeah had the phone to laptop issue today. Was trying to transfer a pic via bluetooth

Guest Jurglc
With r5a I get the camera app crash every time...

Where did you buy the device and does yours have a 3 or 5MP camera?

I have the same problem with my camera, I have 3.2MP, TFT screen and I bought my Blade in Swiss

All the other things is working great (except battery issue)

I hope r6 will deal with that problem.

Thanks for all your work!!

Guest jimiiblue

... Is this happening for anyone else?

--

EDIT:

Same for me with touchpal.

blue tooth seems ok, but sometimes it interferes with the wifi - i think this is known issue of the OSF.

re bluetooth and laptop, can tranfer pics, but only if fully paired - this is with wondows 7

wakeup of wifi from sleep seems to be a problem, i have to turn wifi off and then on to reconnect :P

re touchpal - i'll delete it, and i've installed the htc ime, it works a dream :D

Edited by jimiiblue

Guest tttonyyy

Found why it was crashing the camera app for me. I'd replaced the 2gb SD card supplied with an 8Gb one, but it seems to be faulty.

So, nothing to do with flibblesan's ROM at all - replaced the SD card and the camera app is happy again.

Guest tttonyyy

Did some more testing and found the FLB rom to be quite picky about which SD cards it would work with - is there some overclocking configured?

Tried using Sebastian's 2.2 (the 0.3 release) and it works with all of the SD cards I've tried.