[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

If you've updated to r6 without wiping then you'll certainly still have the bug due to the contacts database being the older version. The bug is caused by the database not having a specific value which enables the dialer to match incoming numbers with contacts.

This has been untested but try this fix by jonuwz. It'll attempt to fix the contacts database so you don't need to wipe.

Contactsfix.zip

Flash with recovery. But please make a backup of your current ROM in recovery FIRST as this has the potential to kill your contacts database.

Hi thanks for all the work

But please cheack your mail

Guest lazyliam

hiya id like to say a massivwe thank you for the best ive used by far ;) little suggestions hoipe you dont mind when im on pattern lock screen it says phone is sim network subset locked wish doesnt afect it and i know its to do with my pattern but it didnt do it on your previous roms and looks like an error(not nice on the eye lol) and one little thing that drives me mad and im not sure its different on any roms can i not save the contacts to my sim card any new contact ive ever added ive never seen a sim card option many thanks and the roms great no pressure for R7 hope you had a good break well deserved

Guest Simon O
hiya id like to say a massivwe thank you for the best ive used by far ;) little suggestions hoipe you dont mind when im on pattern lock screen it says phone is sim network subset locked wish doesnt afect it and i know its to do with my pattern but it didnt do it on your previous roms and looks like an error(not nice on the eye lol) and one little thing that drives me mad and im not sure its different on any roms can i not save the contacts to my sim card any new contact ive ever added ive never seen a sim card option many thanks and the roms great no pressure for R7 hope you had a good break well deserved

The simlock message I suspect is caused by the same bug that is causing airplane mode to display the wrong message. I've tracked this down to android.policy.jar which is missing several elements for both of these functions. The file used by the Japanese ROM has these in so the messages show correctly. However simply replacing the file is out of the question since this screws up the lockscreen and possibly other elements from framework-res.

I'll need to have a long think about this and discuss with some other people on how best to fix the current file.

Guest lazyliam
The simlock message I suspect is caused by the same bug that is causing airplane mode to display the wrong message. I've tracked this down to android.policy.jar which is missing several elements for both of these functions. The file used by the Japanese ROM has these in so the messages show correctly. However simply replacing the file is out of the question since this screws up the lockscreen and possibly other elements from framework-res.

I'll need to have a long think about this and discuss with some other people on how best to fix the current file.

not sure if it helps but a few days ago i went to 90x mod i think its called and for the 1st hour are 2 im pretty sure it didnt do it but then returned and idea on idea contacts to sim card please and thanks again i meant best ROM in original post typo lol

Guest DECEiFER

Hi. Is there any fix for the WiFi constantly disconnecting once you return from locked mode? I'm using the most updated G2 ROM (R6), only got my phone last week. I believe this only occurred once I installed the R6 Gingerbread theme yesterday. I did take a backup in Clockwork before I installed the theme, but I like the Gingerbread theme a lot, and would rather keep it if there's a fix or an app that can solve the issue (installing WiFi Manager from the Market has not helped).

Thanks. ;)

Guest Blasphemous
Hi. Is there any fix for the WiFi constantly disconnecting once you return from locked mode? I'm using the most updated G2 ROM (R6), only got my phone last week. I believe this only occurred once I installed the R6 Gingerbread theme yesterday. I did take a backup in Clockwork before I installed the theme, but I like the Gingerbread theme a lot, and would rather keep it if there's a fix or an app that can solve the issue (installing WiFi Manager from the Market has not helped).

Thanks. ;)

Have you tried the 'Blade Wifi Fix' app? It was made for the San Francisco/ZTE Blade.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/blade-wifi-fix/com.bladewififix

Edited by Blasphemous

Guest Simon O

Thanks. ;)

It's more to do with wpa_supplicant which has been replaced. I find that 95% of the time it'll reconnect to wifi after sleep and this is with the wifi setting set to turn off wifi when sleeping. I prefer to switch wifi off when the phone sleeps as it saves battery.

Guest Simon O

Yup r7 released. I've tested this a lot and it's stable. Upgrades from r6 are working fine but if you have the caller ID bug then you'll need to either try a patch or wipe.

Can someone explain 'you are strongly advised to updated recovery to 3.0.0.5 if you are planning to use Apps2SD' - how does what recovery you use affect moving apps.?

Thanks ;)

Guest The Soup Thief
Can someone explain 'you are strongly advised to updated recovery to 3.0.0.5 if you are planning to use Apps2SD' - how does what recovery you use affect moving apps.?

Thanks ;)

I think he means 3.0.0.5 makes it easier to partition your sd card appropriately (with the seperate EXT partitions - there are good step by step guides pinned so i won't go into it) to enable Apps2SD to work properly

Without 3.0.0.5 I had to load up ubuntu and partition my sd card on my PC, which was a bit of a ball-ache. So, the new clockwork doesn't actually help you move apps about - it makes it much more straight forward to set up your system so apps can be moved at all

Edited to make that clearer. Recovery images older than 2.5.1.8 didn't partition the SD card properly.

Thanks, sorry, that makes sense now. So can I ask then what APP2SD add-ons people are using with this rom - I used to have my SD card partitioned with an EXT and used Dark Tremor APP2SD on Eclair but the various FroYo roms I have been trying have not work with it failing to mount the partition.

So yeah, people using this rom - what have you got to work in terms of creating the system link?

Guest Simon O
Thanks, sorry, that makes sense now. So can I ask then what APP2SD add-ons people are using with this rom - I used to have my SD card partitioned with an EXT and used Dark Tremor APP2SD on Eclair but the various FroYo roms I have been trying have not work with it failing to mount the partition.

So yeah, people using this rom - what have you got to work in terms of creating the system link?

the rom has a2sd already and is automatically activated if you have an ext partition on the SD.

Guest Qwertzycoatl

Woohoo R7.

Nice work Flib ;)

So to upgrade from R6 is fine and using CWM 2.5.1.8 will also be fine....but it is recommended to upgrade to CWM 3?

Don't want this going belly up on me after getting it just right ;)

Guest Simon O
Woohoo R7.

Nice work Flib ;)

So to upgrade from R6 is fine and using CWM 2.5.1.8 will also be fine....but it is recommended to upgrade to CWM 3?

Don't want this going belly up on me after getting it just right ;)

Yeah you'll be fine staying with 2.5.1.8. I just like using version 3 as it seems to load recovery quicker.

Upgrade from r6 to r7 is fine. Data partition isn't wiped so your apps and settings will stay.

Guest JohnDevol

Upgraded to from fixed r6 to r7. On a long press of the power button, Silent Mode, Airplane Mode and Power Off work correctly but the Reboot option hangs the phone.

Guest Simon O
Upgraded to from fixed r6 to r7. On a long press of the power button, Silent Mode, Airplane Mode and Power Off work correctly but the Reboot option hangs the phone.

Check that you the Reboot app showing in the app draw. The reboot option relies on this.