Acer Liquid E - Official Android 2.2 Froyo 4.001.08.PA

Guest xaueious

The only advantage I can see to this rom is getting a Rogers specific baseband. One thing I remember from my G1 days is that you will get better data speeds (especially in EDGE coverage areas) if you had the radio version specific to Rogers devices.

One other thing I do remember from my HTC Dream (G1) days is Rogers f*cking over the modding community by releasing a "mandatory update to fix 911 issues" which coincidentally happened to look down the bootloader so tight it took five months before a workaround was discovered. I'm not saying they will have done the same thing in this instance, but I think that anyone who flashes this update should be prepared for the remote possibility that they will be stuck with a stock device.

Guest vanisleguy1976
Vanisleguy if you're a roger customer and if you have still the original rom you should simply flash the froyo rom as said in the .pdf attacched with it

Sadly I don't have the original ROM. When I first began my adventures in flashing bins and roms, I didn't know the whole deal with nandroid backups, etc, and didn't create one as I should have.

Also, @ gmupps, sadly the link that you posted doesn't seem to have the right file attached to flash back to stock. It has a link to 4shared.com that appears to have an incomplete/corrupt file. It lists the file size as 188,054 kb, but the downloaded zip file is a mere 5.08 kb.

Does anyone else by any chance have an original nandroid of the Rogers Liquid E?

Sadly I don't have the original ROM. When I first began my adventures in flashing bins and roms, I didn't know the whole deal with nandroid backups, etc, and didn't create one as I should have.

Also, @ gmupps, sadly the link that you posted doesn't seem to have the right file attached to flash back to stock. It has a link to 4shared.com that appears to have an incomplete/corrupt file. It lists the file size as 188,054 kb, but the downloaded zip file is a mere 5.08 kb.

Does anyone else by any chance have an original nandroid of the Rogers Liquid E?

It's working fine for me. I had also downloaded a copy several weeks ago, so if you can't get it to work, I'll upload it somwhere for you.

Guest snootched

Retry the link.. I just downloaded it without issue from it. I think I also have a nandroid backup kicking around somewhere of the original rogers rom (but obviously not the baseband) If you cannot get that link to work, post again and I can try to repost it for you somewhere.

Guest vanisleguy1976
It's working fine for me. I had also downloaded a copy several weeks ago, so if you can't get it to work, I'll upload it somwhere for you.

Retry the link.. I just downloaded it without issue from it. I think I also have a nandroid backup kicking around somewhere of the original rogers rom (but obviously not the baseband) If you cannot get that link to work, post again and I can try to repost it for you somewhere.

Thanks! I'm trying again... I was attempting to dl with my phone so I'm re-trying on the pc. Perhaps that makes a difference!

Have either of you completed the update to 4.001.08.PA yet?

Guest snootched
Thanks! I'm trying again... I was attempting to dl with my phone so I'm re-trying on the pc. Perhaps that makes a difference!

Don't know if I'm going to bother - I don't think I am. I don't see a compelling reason unless there's something fundamentally different in the baseband for Rogers network (doubtful).. I cracked open the files and look a look.. seems there's an AcerRogersApps.apk .. haven't looked to see what this is.. but looks like they're starting to load their own junk in it. All I'm interested in is Rogers My Account (available in the market)

For my needs - I want to use OpenVPN which requires custom kernel anyway.. so I will be sticking with one of our great community roms.

No, and I have no intentions of doing so until someone else does. I was one of the people who got badword over by their "mandatory 911 update" for the HTC dream, and am therefore somewhat weary of official rogers builds. I'll let someone else try it first. (Excuse my cynicism, but the HTC Dream was a terrible phone in its unrooted state. I don't want to deal with that again)

Guest Harness

After attempting to flash, I'm told I have to fiddle with a few more asserts.

Edit: Needing a dev's help here. I've got the update script changed, the .zip is signed, but it still says no update script. I only edited the .zip. Why is this happening/how do I fix it?

Nevermind

Edited by Harness

Guest xaueious

The thing is already an update.zip if anyone wants to flash it. The files are probably interchangeable with our current leaks. But what I was more interested in was the baseband + kernel combo.

About kernel source, do we bug them now about it? Or did someone already email them?

Been missing that OC in my Froyo

Edited by xaueious

Guest Harness
The thing is already an update.zip if anyone wants to flash it. The files are probably interchangeable with our current leaks. But what I was more interested in was the baseband + kernel combo.

About kernel source, do we bug them now about it? Or did someone already email them?

Stuff had to be edited for it to flash.

Guest bluezme

I used my nandroid backup to get back to Acer_LiquidE_1.100.79_PA_FIDO, but my recovery is still the Malez Custom recovery :rolleyes:

Is there a way I can just patch back the original recovery so that I can use the official froyo update?

My firmware is the correct version.

Guest Harness
Still working on it! Getting closer (I think)

I can flash now, I just get stuck in a boot loop. Need to figure out how to update the boot.

I used my nandroid backup to get back to Acer_LiquidE_1.100.79_PA_FIDO, but my recovery is still the Malez Custom recovery :rolleyes:

Is there a way I can just patch back the original recovery so that I can use the official froyo update?

My firmware is the correct version.

Flash a random eclair .bin first, then nandroid back.

Update: Installed and booted. Checking function and whatntot before uploading.

Fully working as far as I can tell. Uploading now! Flashed over the most recent leak, come back with your results. Flash signed.

Edited by Harness

Guest magritte

I could be mistaken, but it looks like it's already posted on their site.

Go to http://www.acer.ca/acer/service.do?Languag...p;CRC=719687231

then navigate to Liquid E, select Android 2.2 Froyo from the OS dropdown, then the document tab:

App. Guide Acer Kernel Source Code 1.0 90.3 MB 2010/06/24

Here's the direct link: http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Do...cer&SC=PA_4

Guest mickster777

I was able to mod a few files in the Fido update to skip the assert checks. I just flashed it successfully and everything is working. I'm currently uploading the modded update.zip to a file share will be posting the link soon (should be ready in about 15 minutes).

I'll post the link when it's ready!

Cheers :rolleyes:

Guest vanisleguy1976

To those who have successfully flashed, can you verify if you're now stuck with stock, as some have said may happen?

Can you also verify build date, radio version, etc?

I'm very curious, but I don't want to play around if it means losing out on using my beloved LCR