Buying my ZTE Blade tomorrow, but..

Guest Willz

Guest cobalt01

You'll need the apn settings for t-mobile to access the net and recieve mms. This also should allow you to download images from the net aswell.

Name: T-Mobile UK

APN: general.t-mobile.uk

Username: t-mobile

Password: tm

MMSC: http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002

MMS proxy: 149.254.201.135

MMS port: 8080

MCC: 234

MNC: 30

Edited by cobalt01

Guest mikecalg
You'll need the apn settings for t-mobile to access the net and recieve mms. This also should allow you to download images from the net aswell.

Name: T-Mobile UK

APN: general.t-mobile.uk

Username: t-mobile

Password: tm

MMSC: http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002

MMS proxy: 149.254.201.135

MMS port: 8080

MCC: 234

MNC: 30

Thank you Cobalt. I've now managed to connect to the internet via 3G with the t mobile sim. but, now i have another problem in that I can't seem to save or download pics on a webpage that i visit. when i click save image, it says download unsuccessful? any ideas please? many thanks again.

Guest dragon2611
Most likely because it's more expensive for them to move hard cash around. I'm still surprised at how much more they charge if you pay cash though!

I'm not sure if it's true or not but i'm sure I read somewhere that as long as it's a chip and pin translation and the retailer has taken all reasonable precautions to ensure it's legitimate then if it turns out to be fraudulent it's the card company that foots the bill and not the retailer?

Pretty much a case of once the bank has authorised it the money is theirs (Unless the customer manages to do a chargeback).

Guest cobalt01

Try restoring the browser back to default settings by opening the browser, press Menu, then More, Scroll down to Settings, Scroll to the bottom and select Reset to default. If this doesn't work i'll send you a copy off the default browser to flash onto your phone, this may help.

Guest mikecalg
Try restoring the browser back to default settings by opening the browser, press Menu, then More, Scroll down to Settings, Scroll to the bottom and select Reset to default. If this doesn't work i'll send you a copy off the default browser to flash onto your phone, this may help.

Good morning. Thank you Cobalt. somehow, later last night, i was able to browse the internet and save the pics. however, it is very variable. sometimes i can download the images, sometimes i can't. i'm actually wondering if it is related or depending on my network connection speed? i.e. when the network speed is good, the download is successful?

I also notice that the images downloaded are of a reduced quality compared to the images downloaded if i used my laptop, for example, a picture which downloaded as a 600KB file on the laptop, will be downloaded only as a 40KB file on the phone. please may i know if this is normal? i know on the iPhone4, when i played with it in an apple store, could download a pic at it's original size (i.e. 500-600KB).

i only wish that once i am more comfortable, i would be able to get rid of all the orange stuff so that the phone may work faster. at present, i don't understand how to do this.

in general, i think this phone is reasonable. i initially wanted to get the desire hd or iPhone4 but was reading that these phone are troubled with problems. if i were to pay such a price for a phone, i would expect a perfect phone, without any problems at all. also, i've never used a smartphone before and this phone gives me the opportunity to play around a little with a smartphone. i would not be using all the potential of the desire hd or iPhone4, as i will only use the phone for calls, texting, and internet browsing - ideally i'd like to be able to save high quality pictures.

please may i know if there is an application or method to save the internet images at it's best quality on the phone quickly?

Many thanks.

I'm not sure if it's true or not but i'm sure I read somewhere that as long as it's a chip and pin translation and the retailer has taken all reasonable precautions to ensure it's legitimate then if it turns out to be fraudulent it's the card company that foots the bill and not the retailer?

Pretty much a case of once the bank has authorised it the money is theirs (Unless the customer manages to do a chargeback).

It is true - by using Chip & PIN, liability is shifted to the issuing bank from the merchant. Same is true online if the site uses the 3D Secure / Verified by Visa thingy.

Guest cobalt01

mikecalg my phone resize's images aswell. Has for downloading the signal can be the problem like you said. I sometime have trouble downloading things due to this. I'll look later to see if i can find a way off getting the images to stay at full size. The problem may lie with the screen size being so small that the file downloads in a smaller format to fit the screen.

Guest dragon2611
mikecalg my phone resize's images aswell. Has for downloading the signal can be the problem like you said. I sometime have trouble downloading things due to this. I'll look later to see if i can find a way off getting the images to stay at full size. The problem may lie with the screen size being so small that the file downloads in a smaller format to fit the screen.

Its possibly not the phone, a lot of mobile networks proxy all traffic through a HTTP proxy that adds extra compression onto the image, usually force refreshing the image causes it to load the full resolution one although that may depend on the network.

It happens on mobile broadband dongles as well.

I seem to remember on o2 you could change this behaviour on some of the APNS but changing the username to "bypass" I think the password was either "password" or "o2web"

It used to work on the payg mobile Broadband APN and i think also the mobile.o2.co.uk APN but not sure about the wap.o2.co.uk one, not sure if it still does or not. (This will use more data)

A good test might be to connect via WI-FI and see if the same thing happens, if you get the full resolution images on wi-fi then it's probably a proxy in the mobile network compressing the images before they get to you.

Edited by dragon2611

Guest mikecalg

thank you Cobalt and Dragon.

maybe i am expecting too much from this phone, afterall, it is a small mobile phone compared to a laptop. when i last tried on my home wifi, i could not download the image but can browse the internet normally with high speed. not sure why. i guess it is just a network problem. i just wanted to make sure that it isn't my phone being faulty. i've had 2 mobile dongles before and the image re-sizing occured with the t-mobile dongle but not with the vodafone dongle.

other than this, i am quite pleased with the phone. it functions adequately for a non-techie person like me.