SF Compatible Wired Headset Found

Guest oh!dougal

• 1 month later...
Guest blade123

Long time listener, first time caller wink.gif Thanks to everyone who runs this site, it's fantastic!

I've been looking for a good quality headset that is compatible with the ZTE Blade. I've just bought one, and I'm really happy with it.

It's a Sony Ericsson MH710:

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B0045HPOJQ

It has one button, but when used in conjunction with the follow app, it can do pretty much anything:

http://www.appbrain....m.kober.headset

The sound quality is great, the head set is pretty sturdy design, and I'm using it to skip songs (forwards and backwards), control the volume, answer/deny calls and and start apps (it's kinda fun starting google voice searches through the headset, though this aspect is a little buggy in the app). The microphone and earphones are much better quality than the Nokia headset that is mentioned earlier in this thread.

It took a little setting up (ie selecting the default player, commands, and making sure that the player accepted headset controls, etc). I'm using it with MixZing.

Like I said, I'm really happy with the headset and the app. Combined, I think they add a great deal to the Blade experience.

No; I'm not the developer, and I don't have shares in Sony Ericsson - I just thought people might want to know rolleyes.gif

Keep up the good work Modaco-ers!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest julianpaul

Didn't wanna start a new thread for this question, so i'll add this on here and see if anyone can help.

Can the blade detect the difference between a standard pair of earphones and a headset with mic? And if so, does it allow using the phone mic to speak when listening to the call on standard earphones (TRS).

• 5 months later...
Guest ChainSOV

It's a Sony Ericsson MH710:

I got the older, cheaper Sony Ericsson MH650 and it also works, the angled 3.5 jack is troublesome thogh as it often gets in the way when I want to press the power button.

The mic seems to be less sensitive than the stock ZTE headset one, I have to hold it against my mouth so that people understand me.

Edited by ChainSOV

• 7 months later...