GAMES

Guest flopyro

Guest targetbsp

My latest couple of games

Enigmo - really nice physics game where you have to direct a stream of water into a bucket using various pieces. Kinda like Apparatus but better.

Beyond Ynth - this one is very unusual. A challenging puzzle platformer. Not even going to attempt to describe the unique gameplay - watch the vid. It's a big hit on IThingies and by the makers of Cover Orange. Really hoping this means we'll see Cover Orange one day as they've started doing Android ports!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

This one is for Civ fans: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.populusromanus_free

Plays out like a war in Civ. None of the research or city building but imagine you're at a point in the game where the continent is fully populated in cities and your attacking an opponent to take theirs. That's this game, and the combat follows Civ rules. Units have attack, defense and move points. Terrain bonuses for combat and affecting movement. Units can get veteran status to improve their stats. There's also a random element to the fights and a bonus given by surrounding the enemy.

Towns are there for collecting gold, buying new units and healing existing units.

Guest Maxsas360

I think you can download those games if you own them and official version does not work. Bought Samurai 2 and cannot run it. Any success of running it?

Guest Maxsas360

I have a Huawei U8800pro and ZTE Blade and I use the same Google account on both of them. So ARMv7 - check.

Edited by Maxsas360

Guest Yuccaman

If it that easy to get an ARM7 game to work on an ARM6 device, why don't the developers simply do that to generate more sales....

I'm dubious about grabbing apk's from unknown sources just to be safe, but there were a couple of games on the deleted link I would pay for if they were officially compatible.....

Guest targetbsp

If it that easy to get an ARM7 game to work on an ARM6 device, why don't the developers simply do that to generate more sales....

A few possible reasons I can think of.

i) One they need a floating point unit. The Blade has an ARMv6 + VFP CPU and I gather a lot of ARMv6 CPU's don't have a VFP so the devs might just assume they need ARMv7 when they don't.

ii) They might not have an ARMv6 to test the app on and are playing it safe be stating they need what they've tested it on

iii) They might not even know they're doing it. From twitter, I gather that;s what went wrong with that recent superuser binary. And unlike the SU guy, they're too lazy to find out.

Would be nice if Adobe noticed flash works on ARMv6+VFP too! At least that one is free though and won't have had any copy protection removed during the process. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest worto03

nobody seems to have mentioned robotek yet, it's great little game and includes multiplayer although it picks your oppo at random so not against people you know.

robotek

It works well on the blade and on the vega.

worto.

Guest martin tander(estonia)

Wow i finally managed to launch gangstar mv on my blade (gen2 wbaws method,cm 7.1 nightly 227)

Tweaked in build.prop model to desire and manufacturer HTC, SE X10 apk and cache and finally works!! :D

Edited by martin tander(estonia)

Guest unrandomsam

A few possible reasons I can think of.

i) One they need a floating point unit. The Blade has an ARMv6 + VFP CPU and I gather a lot of ARMv6 CPU's don't have a VFP so the devs might just assume they need ARMv7 when they don't.

ii) They might not have an ARMv6 to test the app on and are playing it safe be stating they need what they've tested it on

iii) They might not even know they're doing it. From twitter, I gather that;s what went wrong with that recent superuser binary. And unlike the SU guy, they're too lazy to find out.

Would be nice if Adobe noticed flash works on ARMv6+VFP too! At least that one is free though and won't have had any copy protection removed during the process. :D

I think they are using Unity and the reason it works is because it supports armv7 by default (But does also support armv6 + vfp - Officially the blade)

http://unity3d.com/

(I think it works by just swapping out the unity libs - and they also strip the copy protection as a by product).

Guest unrandomsam

It seems pretty unlikely to me that for all the armv6 unofficial games someone has swapped all the armv7 specific instructions for armv6 ones.

(Perhaps for flash that was done)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest targetbsp

Not tried it as of yet (will report back soon!) but had to share! EA have released Sim City!! https://market.andro...mcitydeluxe_row

[edit]

It's good! A little bit fiddly as you'd expect on a small screen but there's lots of nice UI features to resize and reposition what you've attempted to place to work around touchscreen inaccuracies!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest timfimjim

most games run smooth, i have further increased the heapsize (48 now) to get rid of the last stutters in angry birds.

a game you must check out is SpeedX. if you like tower defense have a look at Grave Defense.

How do you increase the heapsize? What does it do (why isn't it done in all roms?) Thanks

Guest targetbsp

How do you increase the heapsize? What does it do (why isn't it done in all roms?) Thanks

It's an option in CM Settings -> Performance. If not using CM7, there's an app called VM Heap Tool which will do it

Guest timfimjim

It's an option in CM Settings -> Performance. If not using CM7, there's an app called VM Heap Tool which will do it

great thanks. Do you know what it's purpose / function is? thanks

Guest targetbsp

Not that sure. Java is not really my thing. It's something to do with the amount of memory the java virtual machine can use for each app I think. I would imagine increasing it may benefit individual apps but reduce the amount of free memory making things actually worse for someone that runs lots of apps? Not sure.

The default for a Blade is 24mb but most custom roms bump it to 32mb.

Guest targetbsp

A list I made for another forum. I may as well post it here too!

All the games I currently have on my phone - except Sword of Requiem (a Fire Emblem rip-off which was withdrawn from the market)

Inotia 3: Children of Carnia - Action RPG, better controls than Zenonia IMO. Free (ad supported)

Shift - Platform Puzzler. As well as the traditional left, right, jump you can also 'shift' which inverst the landscape and puts you on the opposite side of whatever you were standing on. Has a kinda Portal feel to it. Lite version of a $1.99 game

Star Traders RPG - A sort of turn based version of Elite. A much better trading game than the various Dope Wars Variants. Free with an optional donation version with more features.

Heroes of Zulula - Turn based RPG with childish humour and odd combat. I can't actually put my finger on what I like about this game but I love it! Free with a donation version which has an extra level.

Great Little War Game - Absolute must for TBS fans. The benchmark Advance Wars clone. Very polished. Approx $3, no demo

Beyond Ynth Xmas Edition - Very polished, unique platform puzzler. I can't even begin to describe this, try it or watch a vid. 5 level demo of a approx $4 game

Majesty: Fantasy Kingdom - port of the PC RTS series which works really well on a touchscreen as you don't have direct control of your troops - instead influencing them to patrol or attack certain areas with cash rewards. Lite version of a approx $3 game.

Templar Assault - a new game form the Star Traders game. Basically a mobile version of the Space Hulk boardgame. Free

Sword and Earrings - TBS that mixes things up by forcing an aggressive play style as both sides have unlimited reinforcements but an army size cap based on controlling points on the map. Makes a nice change from the traditional Advance Wars clones. Demo of a $5 game.

Knighturn - Sequel to the above. More of the same.

Micronytes - A nice precision platform game. Works better on a mobile than you'd ever imagine. And I hate Virtual DPads and suck at action games so that's saying something! Demo of an approx $2 game.

Populus Romanus - TBS following the combat rules of the Civilization series. Demo of an approx $3 game

Shadow Era - Like Magic the Gathering. Free

Fuzzies - A polished Lemmings clone. Approx $3, no demo.

Box Fox - A traditional platform puzzler, solving puzzles and flicking switches to get to the end of a level rather than dodging bad guys. Lite version of an approx $1.50 game

Revival 2 - Civilization. It's a lot better than its rating suggests. From the negative market reviews, most people failed to pay attention during the tutorial about how to switch between move and view mode! A $1 game for which there exists both a demo and a lite version and I don't know the difference between the two so I linked the full version here.

Refraction - A challenging logic puzzle game about bending, merging and splitting light beams. Much better than all other laser/mirror games. Lite version of a $2 game.

Furry Legends - A platform game, not especially popular for some reason but I just kinda like it! $2, no demo.

Gish - I think this controls better than the PC version. Free (ad supported, $1.50 for ad free)

Constant C - A unique puzzle platform where you can rotate gravity but only you and objects in close proximity to you are affected by the change. So you have to work out how to clear a path without being squished. Free

Spectral Souls - Squad Tactics JRPG. Commercial game - $15 (not a typo!), no demo. Needs 1gb of SD card space.

Aporkalypse - Pigs of Doom - Isometric Puzzle platform where you have to switch characters, Lost Vikings Style. Free (ad supported, approx $1.50 for adfree)

Symphony of Eternity - Final Fantasy style RPG. Especially nice because you can see and, if you wish, avoid the random encounter monsters! Paid, no demo. Not actually sure of the price as it's always under some weird special pricing offer!

Xenowar - X-Com/UFO clone. $2 game, no demo but you used to be able to get beta's to play with from their website.

Super Stickman Golf - A tanks/artillery style controls where you navigate maze like courses, taking your next shot from wherever your previous landed. Free

Virtual Pool - mobile version of the PC game where the speed you move your cue at actually controls the shot power. Approx $2, no demo

Armored Strike - Tanks/Artillery/Worms type game. Lite version of a $3 game.

Enigmo - Puzzle game where you have to divert a flow of water in real time towards an exit. Kind of a cross between Refraction and Aparratus. $3, no demo

Vampire Slayer Squad - Space Hulk type game. Lite version of an unreleased game.

Emissary of War - 3D RPG by an ex Bioware employee. You control a warrior while the computer auto controls a ranged DPS. By hitting a button you can override the ranged dps and instruct him to heal you. approx $1, no demo

Grand Prix Story - manage your own GP team. Research and build cars train drivers, watch races. You will lose sleep! Demo of a $5 game

Game Dev Story - manage a game studio. Select the genres, train the staff. Much more fun than it sounds. You will lose more sleep! Demo of an approx $3 game

Everlands - a pretty unique TBS that's hard to describe so best demo'd. It's kind of like a cross between othello and a TCG game. Much more challenging than the cutesy presentation suggests. Demo of an approx $2.50 game

Battle for Wesnoth - port of the well known open source PC Advance Wars clone. Demo of a $4 game

Pocket League Story - Buy, sell, train players - win games! Lite version of a $5 game.

Townsmen 6 - Settlers style game. Free 9ad supported, approx $1.50 for adfree)

Mechanics Touch - platform puzzle game where you have to influence the environment to allow little guys to get to the end of the level. Kinda Mario Mini-land Mayhem. Approx $2, no demo.

Karoshi - Puzzle platformer where the aim, rather uniquely, is to kill yourself rather than reach the end of the level. With this in mind, they've made it impressively harder to reach danger in any given level than the typical platformer! $1, no demo

Domino Run - like that old domino rally game Pushover - with the ant and the quavers. Free demo of an approx $2.50 game

Age of Conquest - sort of Risk but based more on army sizes than dice rolls. Lite version for a series of games set in different regions of the world costing $3 or $4 per region. You only really need to buy the one region of interest (eg, Europe) unless a total addict!

MYFC Manager - a fairly in depth football manager/championship manager game. The low review scores seem down to incompatibility with some devices so be sure to try it within the 15 minute refund window! Approx $4, no demo

Uniwar - Advance Wars clone. $5, no demo

Tower raiders - Defense Grid style tower defense game. Demo of a $4 game

Tower Raiders 2 - nicer looking sequel to the above but full version costs $5 this time.

Toki Tori - great port of the PC platform/puzzle game. $2, no demo but there may be a PC demo you can try.

Piggy Adventure - a puzzle platformer. You have 3 characters of different sizes, jumping abilities and strengths. You switch between them in an effort to guide all 3 to the exit in a physics based world. Free

X Construction - Bridge builder, Pontifex, Bridge Construction clone. Demo of a $1.50 game.

Sim City - a fully featured port of the classic game with nice UI features to overcome the small screen. £2.99+vat, no demo

Worms - good port, though controlling weapon power is a touch tricky on touchscreen. £1.39+vat, no demo

Settlers HD - official port. Needs several hundred mb of SD card space iirc. $5, No demo

Plants Vs Zombies - Enough said. $3

Peggle - still enough said! $3

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

It's ARMv7. I emailed them and they're looking into supporting more devices. o/

A lot of ARMv6 users spammed their announcement blog requesting an ARMv6 version!

I'd have just bought it then and there, forget the demo, if only the market would have let me. :D

Edited by targetbsp