GAMES

Guest flopyro

Guest bladebuddy

A very upset Bladebuddy here. Just got up at the crack of dawn to download Temple Run which was released today, only to find its incompatible with are devices. So if any of you bright sparks can get this game to work on my blade .I would be happy again. Thank-you.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Guest targetbsp

A very upset Bladebuddy here. Just got up at the crack of dawn to download Temple Run which was released today, only to find its incompatible with are devices.

That's a shame. I'd never even heard of it but I was curious to see what the fuss was about!

Guest gamba66

Nothing you'd be allowed to discuss on this forum.

I dont get it? How is this talking about pirating? Isnt the game avaible in the android market?

Excuse me, but please explain your problem.. Its just that I thought the ZTE Blade isnt powerful enough to run GTA 3

Guest bladebuddy

I dont get it? How is this talking about pirating? Isnt the game avaible in the android market?

Excuse me, but please explain your problem.. Its just that I thought the ZTE Blade isnt powerful enough to run GTA 3

Your talking about a paid game being modified to work on are phones, which in turn makes the game free. On this forum we believe in helping with development e.g paying for our games and apps. Not free wears.

The app Temple Run which I was talking about is free. Plus it would of made more sense to include all arm6 phones with lots of them out there in marketing alone.

Guest drystxx

A very upset Bladebuddy here. Just got up at the crack of dawn to download Temple Run which was released today, only to find its incompatible with are devices. So if any of you bright sparks can get this game to work on my blade .I would be happy again. Thank-you.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

cheers mate! here's temple run armv6 version! http://www.mediafire.com/?97yh4m5caomuuu5 im playing it right now with my zte blade lol laugh.gif

That's a shame. I'd never even heard of it but I was curious to see what the fuss was about!

That's not a shame... That's ridiculous. Temple Run works on iPhone EDGE and iPhone 3G, both running a underclocked 412MHZ ARMv6 CPU, while the android version requires a ARMv7 CPU. I've mailed Imangi Studios asking if an ARMv6 version will be out on Android (and i reported them too that their version of the game runs on slower cpu on iOS, i don't see why it should require ARMv7 on Android)

Guest targetbsp

I'm told by a game dev there's no way to distinguish on the market between an ARMv6 with VFP and without. So the reason a lot of games are marked as ARMv7 isn't because they necessarily need ARMv7 - it's that they need a VFP. All ARMv7 CPU's have an VFP but not all ARMv6 CPU's. So you either mark your app as ARMv7, or mark it as ARMv6 and get 1 star reviews from non-VFP owners or list individually which models it's compatible with. And there are a lot of phone models!

An amusing side effect of this is I'm credited as a tester in the forthcoming port of an Android game from IOS - but the actual release version will likely be on the market as not compatible with my phone. :D

Edited by targetbsp

I managed to get the apk from a N1 with Titanium Backup, installed on my Blade and it crashes as soon as I open it. So it's not just a market limitation, the app itself doesn't run on our phone. I still don't get why it doesn't run on the blade, since it's the same architecture of the old iPhones (and the CPU is as powerful as iPhone 3G).

EDIT: Can you share with us what game are you beta testing? :D

Edited by Cusy

Guest targetbsp

Yeah a lot of them will set the ARMv7 flag in their compiler but there may not be any reason to do so. It's just there's no reason not to if you know you're going to have to flag it as ARMv7 anyway on the market. That's not necessarily the case with this game - it's just a possibility.

I don't think it's yet been announced that this game is coming to Android so I can't I'm afraid. But I think it runs as far back as an ARMv5 as long as it has access to an FPU but odds are it will be compiled for ARMv7.

For a long while the dev himself (who's a friend of mine) didn't have a Droid phone and was sending me copies to try. So for some months mine was the only droid in the world with it and the final version won't be compatible with it lol. Well, I still have my beta. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

Learnt the game I was on about probably won't be getting a Droid release due to a lack of interest in the Android platform from the publisher. :(

Anyway, here's some games that have been released!

Meon - a Refraction like game

Battleloot Adventure - a Penny Arcade Adventure, Costume Quest, Super Mario RPG type game

Kingturn - Sequel to Sword & Earrings and Knighturn. A nicer UI, graphics and selectable difficulty make the overall game the best in the series and the one to buy for newcomers. Except for one thing: they removed the tutorial that was included int he older versions for some reason! So I recommend playing the demo of one of the older ones first if interested. Either way, serious TBS fans only need apply for this one.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Maxxo

Is there a proper way to create a savegame before I reTPT and wipe my blade? I want to switch to ICS but my partition size isn't large enough. The game is called 'Dream Heights'.

I know that nandroid backups are useless after I TPTed, does this affect Titanium app backups too?

Thank you.

Edited by Maxxo

Guest targetbsp

You can indeed use Titanium to backup app data (such as save games) to restore into new roms.

Just be sure to backup only your user apps data and not system apps.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

Nice! Will it be ARMv6 though? I try not to get too excited about game releases these days before I've seen if they're compatible!

I see they're risking a fairly high price for a Droid game. I guess they already have a large and loyal fan base though who'll pay whatever they charge. Including me if it's ARMv6

Besides which, after Uni and before getting my first job, I played a single game of FM for pretty much 9 months. So you can hardly argue about its value in terms of cost per hour of play time. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest reedo_17

Nice! Will it be ARMv6 though? I try not to get too excited about game releases these days before I've seen if they're compatible!

I see they're risking a fairly high price for a Droid game. I guess they already have a large and loyal fan base though who'll pay whatever they charge. Including me if it's ARMv6

Besides which, after Uni and before getting my first job, I played a single game of FM for pretty much 9 months. So you can hardly argue about its value in terms of cost per hour of play time. :D

Well this game works on my iPod 1g which is 620 HMz (underclocked to 412 MHz) so i dont see why not

Edited by reedo_17

Guest targetbsp

That doesn't mean anything though because as discussed over the past few pages, the problem is in the FPU support.

However, they posted on their own forum that it works on 'any' Android phone with Android 2.2 or better and a resolution of 320x480 or better so now I am optimistic. :D

[edit]

They've said one of their phones is a Galaxy Ace which is ARM11 so I guess we're in luck. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest reedo_17

That doesn't mean anything though because as discussed over the past few pages, the problem is in the FPU support.

However, they posted on their own forum that it works on 'any' Android phone with Android 2.2 or better and a resolution of 320x480 or better so now I am optimistic. :D

[edit]

They've said one of their phones is a Galaxy Ace which is ARM11 so I guess we're in luck. :D

yesss

Guest targetbsp

It's out! And is compatible with the Blade.

Football Manager

Annoyingly I got distracted creating a new GB gapps installer because they said it wasn't out until 6:30pm lol

Bought it now and it at least loads on the Blade. :D But I gotta do food before actually trying it or I'll end up starving! Gives the Blade chance to charge its battery for a marathon gaming session anyway!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest faradroid

I have too much games on my SF B)

Pacific Wings (2d fly shooter)

Hawx

NFS Shift

Reckless Racing (a bit laggy)

Moron Test

0.01 Seconds (reaction test)

Air Control Lite

Robo Defense

Gangster (Laggy, but just to show my friends I have 'GTA' on my phone :))

Monopoly Classic

Built-a-Lot

Rush Hour

World War (Online RTS)

Math WorkOut

HotelMogul

iSnipeYou Lite (It's for my project at University. Augmented Reality app)

SkySiege Free (Also for my project at University. Augmented Reality app)

Tattoo Mania

Oh my God, thanks for this tip ! I played Chu Chu Rocket for ages on my good old Dreamcast !!