12 Sep Gr5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Desire HD with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

"Keyboard shortcuts??" - just noticed that this is now under settings... um ... does this serve any purpose on the desire hd?

Oh ... and i like the thing that allows you to move the text carrot now ...

Also how come i cannot install the HTC Plurk stuff in ths rom?

Thanks

Kris

Edited by i00

Was having FC issues.

Installed "SU Fix & Advanced power menu patch" from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=842802 then all was good.

Flashed radio 12.35a.60.140fU_26.04.03.30_M which seems to do very well.

Just need to wait for a modded kernel for OC ect.

- Ha didn't know there was a Titanium Backup Pro license included with the MoDaCo Subscription! Win! Thanks!

OK... major issue ... the market is missing 1/2 of my apps now since the r2 update today ....

My market region is australia and i have purchased apps that i cannot install now ... any suggestions?

Thanks

Kris

OK... major issue ... the market is missing 1/2 of my apps now since the r2 update today ....

My market region is australia and i have purchased apps that i cannot install now ... any suggestions?

Thanks

Kris

Try Titanium Backup, Menu, More... Market Doctor.

Try Titanium Backup, Menu, More... Market Doctor.

Um ok another major prob .... basically anything that requires root stuffes up and I get a force close :(

So I cannot run the market doctor

Hope this is fixed soon - have had to revert for the time being

Kris

Edited by i00

Changelog

30/Dec r2

• Based on 1.72 release
  • Updated all components (in turn compressed and optimised)

It seems MCR r2 is based off the same radio as 1.35 (26.03.02.26), and stock 1.72 came with a new radio (26.04.02.17)

I m not sure if there is any compatibility issue there. Would u recommending flashing the new radio?

Edited by cezent

Guest Alsybub
Um ok another major prob .... basically anything that requires root stuffes up and I get a force close :(

So I cannot run the market doctor

Hope this is fixed soon - have had to revert for the time being

Kris

there's a fix HERE and a flashable patch HERE

Does anyone else have problem with setting/changing ringtones?

I reflashed 2 times already, with 2 differently baked ROMs, everytime with wiping of course.

I can't find anything related to remove from the ROM which would prevent me from adding sounds.

Basically I removed almost all Google Apps, a bunch of the HTC ones, and a lot of third party apps.

On the root part everything is working fine, Titanium Backup is doing its job really great :(

Edited by Guest

Ok thought I'd give this another try with the root fix - but have found another major prob that I didn't notice before - with r2 my wireless does not work - under the option where you enable wireless it just says error - reverted and it worked fine

Ps my radio is

Any ideas?

Kris

Edited by i00

Guest maraptor

i have htc.bgp crashing all the time. for su FC's and power menu i used Leedroids from XDA

Try wiping/reflashing. Had this issue with the stock ROM, factory reset helped fixing it.

Guest cezent

Revert back for the moment, r2 has a few important puzzle missing ( SU & etc, not necessarily MCR related frankly) , 1.72 is just load of hustle , HTC s such a pain in the ass these days.

Guest MichaelxHell

hi all,

i think this is my first post ever here, and i'm not really an expert, exactly why i like modaco so much.

I made my ROM for the Desire HD and thought i give my feedback on two issues i noticed:

- i have the sync issue that was mentioned before (sync always running, no matter what i do)

- Swype beta only works partly on this ROM, as soon as i wanna switch languages, it crashes.

other than that, there's a lot more speed, which is just awesome!

keep it up!

Try wiping/reflashing. Had this issue with the stock ROM, factory reset helped fixing it.

Tried wiping and factory resting again with no avail :unsure:

Also if the su thing is a known issue - why is the fix not included in the kitchen build I wonder

Oh and the custom power menu dies bot seem to work correctly in this either

Thanks Kris

The updated SU version wasn't released official, the needed changes have been submitted to the SVN and an unofficial version has been released in the topics already mentioned in this thread.

I guess Paul stays on his line to not add anything unofficial or betas.

Ok redownloaded and flashed with no probe with the wireless this time - market still doesn't show 1/2 the apps that it did before - I have tried to use market enabler but it seems to make no diff

Is anyone else having this prob?

Apps that are missing include

Wave Blazer (full - lite one is there though)

Loquendo

Tiki golf

Fast and furious

Pirate wings

Fuzzies

Caligo chaser

Touch racing nitro

Gish

I have purchased the above apps and it seems since the update there is no way for me to download them again easily

Any ideas?

Thanks

Kris

Edited by i00

Guest bbawden

So a wipe cleared the bootloop problem, but a Titanium restore failed to get all my widgets back. Not too much a problem, but a bit annoying.

However, superuser keeps crashing with FC all over the place, so ROM Manager, Titanium Backup &c. are all useless.

Reverting to r1 for now.

OK further news on the market problem ... it appears that it is not a region issue and that ALL PROTECTED APPS are not appearing in the market

Hope this and the SU problem are fixed soon and put into the next release (r3)

Thanks

Kris

Guest Joshua03

Hi

After installation of the r2 ROM I found a PDU_LOG folder on my sd card with many sms log files inside.

Can anyone explain me, what's happens with these folder?

Guest spoonwzd
So a wipe cleared the bootloop problem, but a Titanium restore failed to get all my widgets back. Not too much a problem, but a bit annoying.

However, superuser keeps crashing with FC all over the place, so ROM Manager, Titanium Backup &c. are all useless.

Reverting to r1 for now.

Hit the 'Problems' buton in Titanium and auto-upgrade busybox. This sems to resolve most Titanium issues.