12 Sep Gr5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Desire HD with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul,

Since installing R3, I can't change my alarm tone in the default HTC clock. I can select the alarm, click on the alarm sound and it then gives me a choice of locations for the new sound I want to use (Alarm sounds, Ringtones or Music) when I choose one of those options , I get com.htc.android.worldclock has stopped unexpectedly. When I look at the stack trace I get:

android.content.ActivityNotFoundException:

Unable to find explicit activity class{com.htc.sdm/

com.htc.sdm.activity.SoundPicker}; have you

declared this activity in your AndroidManifest.xml?

Is it just me?

Cheers

Iain

Hmm, that works as intended here...

P

Paul,

Thanks for looking into it. I have tried downloading the rom again, wiping then flashing and I have tried installing rom manager and using the 'fix permissions' tool to no avail - can you think of anything else worth trying? I tried an Android_Revolution rom that that worked as intended but I want modaco coz it is better :-)

Cheers

Iain

So Clock -> Alarm -> Click 'Alarm sound' then 'Alarm sounds'? I get the list at that point, very odd.

What did you exclude from your bake? Anything that could have caused it? Dry a default bake?

P

I am not able to change my ringtone unless I include the voice recorder. Had the same problem with r2, but I guess including the voice dialler/voice search fixed it there. But I'm not sure anymore.

Now that I think of it, I might have included the Connect Media/DLNA app, too, in my last bake that finally made it work...

EDIT: Some more tests seem to have revealed that just Voice Recorder is the problem. No Voice Recorder, no changing of ringtones.

If I don't include these components, I can't open the settings for alarm/ringtone/sound set, not even in htc hub.

Also SU still seems to crash on me, for example when I update apps via the market.

Btw, how about having some "config share", some kind of link that will make it easier to select a previous configuration when you do a new bake?

EDIT: FYI I excluded the following:

All Google Apps, except Maps, Youtube

App Sharing, Flickr, FM Radio, Locations, Mail, News, Peep, Reader, Search Anywhere, Stocks, Teeter, Torch, Transfer Data

HTC IME (modified)

All third party apps except Adobe Flash and Facebook.

Edited by Guest

Guest pegase1550

hello Paul, thank you for your kitchen,

just a little question : is there a Radio you think is better with your Rom (actually I have the 26.03.02.15), and so wich one?

Just a heads up that I am effectively offline for 2 weeks from tomorrow (celebrating 10 years with my good lady then off for daughter's half term!), so updates will following when I return. :P

Thanks for your ongoing support everyone!

P

Guest mikeyxb

having problems with the rom i have rotted hbooted and clockwork modded installed rom from rom manager all went great then it was running really slow, apps quiting to hone screen without force close error and then it constantly rebooted to mdaco welcome screen so i reverted to my backup, anyone else have this problem ???

EDIT: i figured out that the version of clockwork mod that rom manager gave me was not very compatible so i found the one on here and fasbooted it because i could not flash my backup and now i flashed the backup and went back to this rom and will see how it goes

but thanks anyway

Edited by mikeyxb

Guest Guy Davies

Hi,

I'm a new convert to Android and I've rooted my DHD and cooked a ROM using the kitchen. Pretty much everything is great (thanks Paul :-) ). Just a couple of apps I've found so far don't function under the new ROM.

1. As others have commented, I can confirm that the Premium Navigation feature doesn't work. It FCs everytime as soon as you hit the Premium Navigation button.

2. Probably less widely used, the SFR Repondeur+ (visual voicemail) fails to authenticate. I've reverted to my old original ROM to ensure that it works OK with that again, and it does. The app starts OK and you get the welcome page with a load of text on it but as soon as you select one of the menu items that require the app to check your subscription, it sits with the rotating arrows and eventually times out with an error.

I would love to understand what's going on and be able to cook a new ROM that fixes both of those issues.

I left all the basic HTC stuff in except for Peep, Teeter, Flickr and Connected Media/DLNA. I'll have a hunt through the backup of the original ROM for SFR related stuff to see if anything pops up.

Rgds,

Guy

Guest Nerds 2 You

For anyone out there with a Telus Desire HD the ROM works perfectly (except premium nav as noted above) even the sound works which seemed to have been an issue with some other ROMS. The stock ROM used to downgrade to 1.32 had no sound but the MCR does.

Guest Telek
For anyone out there with a Telus Desire HD the ROM works perfectly (except premium nav as noted above) even the sound works which seemed to have been an issue with some other ROMS. The stock ROM used to downgrade to 1.32 had no sound but the MCR does.

Can you please outline the steps that you used for this? I see many posts saying different things so I'm not sure exactly what I need to do. Which ROM did you use for downgrade and what ROM did you start out with?

Do you need ENG HBOOT / ClockworkMod / GoldCard / ENG-SOFF or various other tools?

Also what is "premium navigation"? Is that the google based nav that works with the stock rom?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Telek

Guest Nerds 2 You

I downgraded using all the steps in the XDA forum, it takes some time and you WILL need a Gold Card.

You do need an ENG HBOOT in order to flash a new radio, the downgrade process flashes an older radio and you will need to flash the default Telus radio again as it is the latest version and is recommended for all DHD's

Premium navigation is the built in HTC Locations program, everything works in Locations except when you try to use the premium nav portion of it. (premium NAV is $5/month)

The sound from the Telus DHD and Inspire 4G will be very tinny when using any custom ROM not specifically designed for these two models, there is a fix for it on the XDA forums

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=972725

I used it and it made the in call audio perfect again.

Edited by Nerds 2 You

Guest skinnypupp

By the way, the flashlight app is incorrectly called "torch" when using English - Canada. I doubt anyone outside the UK would ever call a flashlight a "torch" so you might want to fix that in the next release.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ipete

I've been through a long process of Downgrading / gold card / routing my Desire HD. I thought that installing a custom rom would be the easy bit.

I downloaded r3-update-modacocustomrom-ace-sense-unsigned.zip renamed it update.zip and placed the file on my SD Card in the phone.

Rebooted the device to into ClockworkMod Recovery using ROM Manager and asked the phone to perform the update.

It completed the update but on rebooting back to the phone it got stuck in some sort of booting loop continually refreshing the Modaco boot logo. I left it that way for about 15mins before eventually taking the battery out.

After many minutes of sweating eventually I persuaded to phone to turn on and it did eventually find CWMod Recovery again where I was able to reinstall the backup that thankfully I made earlier.

So Where did I go wrong? Compared to the rest the instruction seemed so simple. :D

Phone info.

Andriod 2.2 Biuld 1.32.405.6 Software 1.32.405.6

Guest Guy Davies
I've been through a long process of Downgrading / gold card / routing my Desire HD. I thought that installing a custom rom would be the easy bit.

I downloaded r3-update-modacocustomrom-ace-sense-unsigned.zip renamed it update.zip and placed the file on my SD Card in the phone.

Rebooted the device to into ClockworkMod Recovery using ROM Manager and asked the phone to perform the update.

It completed the update but on rebooting back to the phone it got stuck in some sort of booting loop continually refreshing the Modaco boot logo. I left it that way for about 15mins before eventually taking the battery out.

After many minutes of sweating eventually I persuaded to phone to turn on and it did eventually find CWMod Recovery again where I was able to reinstall the backup that thankfully I made earlier.

So Where did I go wrong? Compared to the rest the instruction seemed so simple. :D

Phone info.

Andriod 2.2 Biuld 1.32.405.6 Software 1.32.405.6

Hi Pete,

Sounds similar to my first experience. Did you do a complete wipe of /data and cache before installing. That seems to be the trick for me. It's a pain to recreate your layout again, but all your apps will be automatically downloaded from the Android Market and, if you've got Titanium Backup, you can restore them along with all the settings, so that's not so bad.

Rgds,

Guy

• 2 months later...
Guest christia-hero

hi,

if I cook me a ROM, is this ROM a 2.3.3?

or will it be updated from htc, if it is not a 2.3.3?

as a i cooked it for my htc hero I could not do a update. it caused an error.

greetings from germany,

christian.

Guest jam26_2_69

hi friends i`m in iran

i`m english languge easy . please help me i`m righted this is massage via google translator .

beter in languge persian or arabic or turkey .

The Android software to help friends of two of the MODS folder, rebooted the system taskbar when I installed it I just did Gvshym up the white page and I'll go htc

What I do now?

There is no way to save on battery - the recovery time factor I reset to no avail.

• 2 months later...