Official 2.2 Froyo Untouched

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest celljunkie707
Just upgraded stock 1.6 using the following link http://mobileupdate.dell.com/?version=GAUSB1A110100 (the new Streak_309_0_00.pkg package) from GAUSB1A111100

It was flawless. OTA upgrade went smooth.

FFC Camera works OK.

Video at 720p works OK.

Quadrant score is 835.

Final baseband: GAUSB1A130900 build 11548

installed by fastboot method in OP. 720p is not working for me. force closes after pressing record. Downloading the PKG now. guess ill give that a whirl

Guest jmhalder

anyone having trouble with resetting

Just want to clarify that when referring to a factory reset, do NOT do it in clockwork if you have it installed, instead do it in the first stage recovery (the black and white one with 4 options that first launches with both volume buttons depressed during power on)

Clockwork won't format a few specific partitions that dells first stage recovery will.

ok ive posted this on one of the topics but ill post it directly now

this build is totally untouched and not edited by me at all, im simply uploading it as dell cant even make a working pkg file

http://build2.streakdroid.com/amss-system-boot.zip

extract this file on a pc and fastboot flash the 3 files then reboot streak

fastboot -i 0x413c flash boot boot.img

fastboot -i 0x413c flash system system.img

fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn

ill be updating my build with things off this one also soon

I've flashed each and every ROM you came out with... so I'm holding off on the official one and waiting for 1.4 instead. Can't wait to see what you can do with this Official 2.2 ROM and cook it to your flavour.

If I can request something... please do something about that Home Widget, maybe if we can customize its contents to our liking or something.

If you can't, perhaps if you could make 2 ROMs, 1 with Stage UI and the other ROM, without all the DELL add ons including Stage. Just throwing my idea in the pot.

Guest moto_user
I've flashed each and every ROM you came out with... so I'm holding off on the official one and waiting for 1.4 instead. Can't wait to see what you can do with this Official 2.2 ROM and cook it to your flavour.

If I can request something... please do something about that Home Widget, maybe if we can customize its contents to our liking or something.

If you can't, perhaps if you could make 2 ROMs, 1 with Stage UI and the other ROM, without all the DELL add ons including Stage. Just throwing my idea in the pot.

same here, flashed every rom, been very happy..ill just hold off until steve builds something even more amazing..

Guest Loconinja

All worked fine for me (upgraded from O2 2.1 8105 on a unlocked Dell Streak originally on 1.6 6267).

I was a bit surprised to see all my apps still installed, Tasker profile active, WiFi connected and my GMail sync intact etc. I thought upgrading the ROM wiped everything?

Another surprise: Stage UI supports portrait!

Guest Neugene
here's my Build.prop in case anyone wants it and has rooted the build..

extract and copy to /system (backup the old one)

it helps speed things up a bit

if you install busybox, (from the market)

then the sysctl.conf goes in /etc/ and is called by adding

sysctl -p

to /etc/init.streak.post_boot.sh on a new line after the esac

if feeling adventurous change the 6000000 value to 3000000 in sysctl.conf

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, what does changing " the 6000000 value to 3000000 in sysctl.conf " do?

Thanks,

Chris

Guest Johnston411

Anyone know how to install dj steves taskbar from 1.3 over the one from dell. It looked much better

(installed this for a play but will be back on steves custom when it's ready)

Guest johnafish
Actually, I just did it a 3rd time, using a different PC..

And I'm still stuck on the Dell Logo 15 minutes later. B)

-Uwe-

Same thing here, flashed the 3 files onto a UK unlocked unit bought directly from Dell and it is stuck on the Dell Logo, I have tried all the suggestions given above but nothing has worked, anyone got any ideas?

Same thing here, flashed the 3 files onto a UK unlocked unit bought directly from Dell and it is stuck on the Dell Logo, I have tried all the suggestions given above but nothing has worked, anyone got any ideas?

I had the same issue with dell direct streak.

What I found worked was to upgrade to O2 2.1 (look in stickies) and then I did the fastboot install and all worked fine.

The only thing I had a problem with was how to get the streak back to booting up.

What I did was remember what version I WAS on (4339) and i downloaded that file recovery stock image and copied to the sd card, luckily I had an SD card reader o do this.

I then was able to get my phone back up and running and complete the 2.1 upgrade

hope this helps

Guest sukicat

Try Flashing the files in this order ..it probably won't work but worth a try

fastboot -i 0x413c reboot

Guest gordosje

I installed the update following smartstreak.com and it works like a charm. Question. Seems that LCD density on build.prop line is no longer there. I want to change it to 170 so i can use HTC Keyboard. I have the line to add, but where do i add it. Before it was set up as 160.

ro.sf.lcd_density=160

Thanks

Guest cueball12
Try Flashing the files in this order ..it probably won't work but worth a try

fastboot -i 0x413c reboot

After several tries, I am still stuck on the Dell Logo. I started with a att stock 1.6 and this morning had the o2 1.6 installed when I updated. My original thought was to get O2 1.6 to O2 2.1 then see what would happen but I got stuck at O2 1.6 unable to 3g or wifi I could not get the darn thing rooted.

Guest MikeF74
Ive got the baseband GAUSB1A130900 and build 11548

720p still causing FC after pressing record. anyone else having this issue?

Yes, I am.

I wonder if any of our past actions may be causing this. For example, when trying my upgrade to 8105, I had that LED flashing problem for a short time (after using the previous rooting method via a fastboot command that caused problems).

Guest johnafish
The only thing I had a problem with was how to get the streak back to booting up.

What I did was remember what version I WAS on (4339) and i downloaded that file recovery stock image and copied to the sd card, luckily I had an SD card reader o do this.

I then was able to get my phone back up and running and complete the 2.1 upgrade

hope this helps

I'm pretty sure (95%) mine was 4399, the baseband was definitely 00, but I cant find files to restore this version, can anyone point me in the right direction.

Also I flashed the three files (apparently) successfully and it is stuck on the Dell logo, is there something else that needed to be done for this version of 2.2 to work on my phone? Does it need a specific recovery image to work? Is there anything else beyond the three files and recovery image that have to 'match' before it'll work? I've been reading through the forum all day (including the 'how-to' posts) and its not very easy to understand what's needed?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Yes, I am.

I wonder if any of our past actions may be causing this. For example, when trying my upgrade to 8105, I had that LED flashing problem for a short time (after using the previous rooting method via a fastboot command that caused problems).

I am still having the FC issue with the video as well. I started with ATT's 1.6 with the 31 baseband. I am wonder if upgrading via update.pkg would help at all?

Guest Johnston411
I installed the update following smartstreak.com and it works like a charm. Question. Seems that LCD density on build.prop line is no longer there. I want to change it to 170 so i can use HTC Keyboard. I have the line to add, but where do i add it. Before it was set up as 160.

ro.sf.lcd_density=160

Thanks

theres a free lcd density changer in the market

Guest johnafish

Can anyone recommend a company where I can send my Streak for repair, it has the Dell Logo and I've tried everything.

It was purchased directly from Dell UK (not O2), GAUSB1A110700, build 4399. I'm in Kent UK.

Can anyone recommend a company where I can send my Streak for repair, it has the Dell Logo and I've tried everything.

It was purchased directly from Dell UK (not O2), GAUSB1A110700, build 4399. I'm in Kent UK.

I doubt you've tried everything.. if you have the dell logo we can help you

irc freenode channel #dellstreak

Guest johnafish
I doubt you've tried everything.. if you have the dell logo we can help you

irc freenode channel #dellstreak

I've tried everything I know of. I've spent all day on this and I'm no further along, in fact I'm probably making it worse.

What do you suggest?

Guest Texantx
I've tried everything I know of. I've spent all day on this and I'm no further along, in fact I'm probably making it worse.

What do you suggest?

I got same problem too. B) I have US ATT Android 1.6 without contract. tried to upgrade 2.2 but No success( no error messages while upgrading process, everything was ok!) and now I just see the dell logo.

I've tried many things but nothing worked out. :)

I Really appreciate if someone gives step by step guide to resolve this problem. ( back to 1.6 or upgrade to 2.2)

Thanks in advance.

Guest Peter Galbavy

I started with a stock 2.1 install (as far back as I could go last week). I flashed the images as posted by Steve, the phone got stuck on the Dell logo then I remembered to power cycle (battery out etc.) and then do a Factory Reset from the first (black and white) recovery menu. Rebooted, waited about 4-5 mins and it came up.

Good luck...