stackbladroid_v0.2 - Froyo ROM for Zte Blade aka Orange San Francisco

Guest stackrish

Guest AndyCr15

Is this ROM bug free?

I'll be sorting a friends San Fran soon, I'd love to put FroYo on it, but would need to know it would be working bug free as I probably can't get it back easily to fiddle with/fix...

Guest gambieter

Has anybody tried widgets on this one? I have tried Data ON/OFF, Wifi ON/OFF and datacounter, and none of these functions when installed after first boot. The Wifi on/off looks nice, but the switch doesn't work, data on/off didn't show the graphics (after first start).

Interestingly, a reboot was necessary, because after that they worked fine??

Also, it complains about GoogleTalk not being there, and the Market won't start.

Edited by gambieter

Guest androidswillkillusall

gps seems to be working fine, as opposed to the other recent rom. havent tried it out and about yet, but seems to be showing my home location fairly well. B)

Edited by androidswillkillusall

iv installed hungarian hedgehog on my uk sf, and added the 2.1 fix supplied in this thread, but when i click to activate wifi it keeps immediately saying unable to start wifi, ? please helo

Guest stackrish
This seems to be working brilliantly for me! Thanks! (Installed using ClockworkMod in case others new to this malarkey are scratching their heads as how use this zip to update their SanFran.)

Thanks for this. I have now updated the OP with few more details.

Guest stackrish
iv installed hungarian hedgehog on my uk sf, and added the 2.1 fix supplied in this thread, but when i click to activate wifi it keeps immediately saying unable to start wifi, ? please helo

I am not sure if there are any significant differences in the Hungarian version. Will you be able to share your dmesg? If you have "adb" configured on your system, then you can run the following command to see your dmesg.

adb shell dmesg

it's not that kind of rom, just updates the wifi drivers not everything else

Would you have the custom dialer available as an update.zip? If there's no apps2sd I would probably go for gforums Froyo ROM and apply the wifi driver & custom dialer as updates.

Would you have the custom dialer available as an update.zip? If there's no apps2sd I would probably go for gforums Froyo ROM and apply the wifi driver & custom dialer as updates.

This is a 2.2 ROM, and so there is no A2SD other than what is built in to Froyo - with Froyo, some apps support being installed onto the SD card - download "App 2 SD" from the market to make it easier to check.

This is a 2.2 ROM, and so there is no A2SD other than what is built in to Froyo - with Froyo, some apps support being installed onto the SD card - download "App 2 SD" from the market to make it easier to check.

Ok, doing a nandroid now, to flash over the top of FLB, and then if that doesn't work, I'll go and add the applications into the ROM that I would want in the ROM.

wifi only works when i install the ROM as a whole but it wont work if we install wifi folder separately..:)..i try 3 time,

1. first i copied wifi folder as a root and replace it in my 2.2froyo beta and it give me error below wifi option

2. second time, i put wifi folder in rom(froyo beta) itself and wipe all cache and partition and install that rom, this time, it was trying to connect but it didnt connect

3. third time, i merge my default folder of wifi and this new wifi folder and it didnt work as well.

I really wanted to use my current ROM FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade (Beta) cause its been debranded completely and also podcast and tvcatchup works nicely. If someone body is willing to solve this problem then it would rock..B)

Guest superkryo
Ok, doing a nandroid now, to flash over the top of FLB, and then if that doesn't work, I'll go and add the applications into the ROM that I would want in the ROM.

That would be wonderful!

I am not sure if there are any significant differences in the Hungarian version. Will you be able to share your dmesg? If you have "adb" configured on your system, then you can run the following command to see your dmesg.

adb shell dmesg

i dont have adb, cant find it on the market either, let me go on that roms thread and ask someone to post it, thanks

Strange - all my apps disappeared. Ok, back to my last backup, then a full Ti backup & restore. BUT, it does get rid of the dialer issue - 98% Android system B) - what I would expect.

Guest chall32

Seen a lot of discussion on the wifi fix with other ROMS, but not much on the "dialler issue" fix.

So have just replaced only TelephonyProvider.apk with the one from stackbladroid_v0.1.zip (I'm currently running gforums ROM) and rebooted phone. Was definitely seeing dialler issue previously.

Tested outgoing & incoming calls, all work OK. So now we are into the wait. Will report back. B)

Strange - all my apps disappeared. Ok, back to my last backup, then a full Ti backup & restore. BUT, it does get rid of the dialer issue - 98% Android system B) - what I would expect.

Ok, set up my accounts, now just doing a Ti restore :).