stackbladroid_v0.2 - Froyo ROM for Zte Blade aka Orange San Francisco

Guest stackrish

Guest Totyasrác

My experiences:

- Dialer issue is back.

- Might be caused by the first one but my battery is down to 40% by now (stopped charging ~8 hours ago and absolutely no heavy use just couple of phone calls, couple of GTalk messages and Gail sync). Too bad, just doesn't cut it.

Haven't tested GPS/Wifi functionality but poor battery performance is a deal breaker. Moving to the current FLB version to check if battery lasts longer (that was the reason to try this one out). If that is not acceptable then I'm back to 2.1 unfortunately :P

Guest a55hole

Hi,

may I ask where the usb-settings are hiding???

(debugging/not charging/mount as)

just run this rom a few hours and appreciate it,

big thanx.

-another minor style question:

is it possible to change the "menue-menue" from white to black

(like in 2.1 r4 ... the pop-up when pressing menue-button)

All,

I cannot install this ROM. When I start the installation, it starts copying files but only for seconds, then displays that it is done, I do a reboot and it stops at the boot screen. It seems the install just do not complete.

Can you pls advise? Thanks in advance.

worked for me in the 1st run.

do you use clockwork rc?

did you wipe the phone before "installing zip from sd"? (assuming you come from 2.1)

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I come from stock 2.1->BladeVillain 1.01 (2.1)->this ROM. I tried wiping and formatting partitions as well several times, but no luck. All I can do is to restore the clockwork backup.

And my clockwork version is recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.

Guest jonathanlyng

Ok... here goes my 2 cents:

That wifi problem is not one, it's just a default option that can be changed.

go to params/wireless and network/ wireless params now press menu then advanced options. second choice 5in french: parametres de veille wifi. chose any three choices.

it's my first time with an android device , I come from the symbian world so that is maybe an already known trick.

BTW: if anybody need dismantelling instruction for the device, feel free to ask... Yeah: I already dropped it, and yes: it was in the toilet.

Guest oh!dougal
Ok... here goes my 2 cents:

That wifi problem is not one, it's just a default option that can be changed.

go to params/wireless and network/ wireless params now press menu then advanced options. second choice 5in french: parametres de veille wifi. chose any three choices.

it's my first time with an android device , I come from the symbian world so that is maybe an already known trick.

BTW: if anybody need dismantelling instruction for the device, feel free to ask... Yeah: I already dropped it, and yes: it was in the toilet.

:P

Two things

-- the advanced option "WiFi sleep: Never" is not obeyed -- ZTE have been informed. But "WiFi do not sleep if plugged in" {usb or charger} is correctly obeyed.

-- if you wanted to post a take-apart guide on a new thread, I'm certain that many people would be interested! (Especially if you give re-assembly instructions! :D )

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest superkryo

Have been using this rom for 5 days now, almost everything works. Just one small issue, the contacts are imported in US format with hyphens. Is it related to the android dialer? Could you replace it with the smartdialer as flb has done? Thanks.

Guest stackrish

Thanks for all the feedback guys. When I posted originally, all I hoped for was someone to test it on their phone and tell me if it works on their end. I am really surprised by the number of people who have started using this build and the fact that some of you have gone to the extent of recommending this to others.

I am sorry I couldn't respond to you all during the week. But I am now working on a new cleaner 2.2.1 build. I am currently testing it on my San Francisco and hope to make a new release tomorrow. That should address some of the feedback I have received so far.

Guest superkryo
Thanks for all the feedback guys. When I posted originally, all I hoped for was someone to test it on their phone and tell me if it works on their end. I am really surprised by the number of people who have started using this build and the fact that some of you have gone to the extent of recommending this to others.

I am sorry I couldn't respond to you all during the week. But I am now working on a new cleaner 2.2.1 build. I am currently testing it on my San Francisco and hope to make a new release tomorrow. That should address some of the feedback I have received so far.

Excellent news, looking forward to it!

Guest rhodiumaki

guy's same problem here,the device stuck on android logo after flashing any 2.2 froyo rom and not only FLB-Froyo G2.i tried the usual and any possible options in clockwork but nothing..all eclair roms works fine.any ideas?

Thanks for your work, installed on my Wife's SF and no problems at all apart from the unchanging Yorkshire location. It's my first custom ROM so I'm hoping it's possible to install your update over the top, without losing data and settings etc. Is this the case?

Guest rupertgo

And can it have the YouTube app? I can't get past the "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server" bug, despite trying everything people recommend - the one thing that always seems to work is to log on via the YouTube app, but that's not in the rom!

Otherwise, it seems a really good ROM. Very fast, no problems, and really not shabby at all for a £99 device!

Guest rhodiumaki

stackrish some of us (kog, _serif.hu...) with the 256ram version of blade(hungarian and greek) we are unable to flash the rom(any froyo rom).after the flashing process the device stuck on android logo for ever(i left it for more than 2 hours).i had the same problem with the 512 version of acer liquid with some roms of froyo and the rom chefs fixed that.

Guest droidvirgin
My experiences:

- Dialer issue is back.

- Might be caused by the first one but my battery is down to 40% by now (stopped charging ~8 hours ago and absolutely no heavy use just couple of phone calls, couple of GTalk messages and Gail sync). Too bad, just doesn't cut it.

Haven't tested GPS/Wifi functionality but poor battery performance is a deal breaker. Moving to the current FLB version to check if battery lasts longer (that was the reason to try this one out). If that is not acceptable then I'm back to 2.1 unfortunately :P

Yes I have the dialer issue also, phone has gone from full charge to 50% in 3-4 hrs

Guest stackrish
yo any news on the new update or will it be out tomor i am really looking forward to it :P

Sorry, I couldn't get this out yesterday. I have now updated the main post with details of the update.

Thanks for your interest.

Guest JolyonS
- WIFI: Additional settings enforced using wmiconfig command during boot-time to improve wifi.

Have you worked out what impact the maxperf power option has on battery life?

Guest stackrish
Have you worked out what impact the maxperf power option has on battery life?

No. I haven't done any scientific measurements. But it sure will have an additional impact on the battery. Especially for those who set their WIFI to never sleep.

Perhaps, I should make this option as a configuration property to choose between maxperf & setwowmode.