Got your Vega? Share your thoughts!

Guest PaulOBrien

So far I've got it to play mp3s ok but an avi file I tried gave a picture but no sound, hoping it's just a codec issue that's easily resolved. The headphone jack does seem a little bit crackly as well, anyone else tried it yet?

Guest Advent Vega

Hello,

The widget issue has been identified as an issue with the custom launcher. We have a full system image that resolves this and this will be posted on www.myadventvega.co.uk this afternoon.

At present this is a complete update so will cause the device to reset. We will provide a soft update sometime after.

Alternatively, other launchers may be installed if you so wish (for example i know of people running ADW Launcher on them with great success)

Please follow our twitter feed (@adventvega) for the latest updates.

Regards,

AV

Guest amarko5
I'm finding it very difficult to do anything with it as I cannot type passwords with the bloody keyboard....

you have probably tried this but a few are saying , clean screen, and reboot.

Guest le_lutin
The Archos 101 is looking even more appealing! Maybe it was a blessing in disguise mine being cancelled!

I wouldn't jump to conclusions. I'd say that once Paul gets a hold of it, it could be quite a different experience, software-wise.

Guest Bisto321
Hello,

The widget issue has been identified as an issue with the custom launcher. We have a full system image that resolves this and this will be posted on www.myadventvega.co.uk this afternoon.

At present this is a complete update so will cause the device to reset. We will provide a soft update sometime after.

Alternatively, other launchers may be installed if you so wish (for example i know of people running ADW Launcher on them with great success)

Please follow our twitter feed (@adventvega) for the latest updates.

Regards,

AV

er, did you not test adding a widget to the screen? Lots of people who use android devices quite like to do this! Sorry to sound a bit 'sarky' but this sort of thing is quality control 101 stuff.

Having to do a full flash on day one is not cool.

Guest debs626
Is the general consensus that screen is not very good ???

IMO (i've had nothing to compare it with) I think the screen is great B) very responsive, the viewing angle seems fine to me (guy next to you on the train/bus cant snoop on ya)

I'm very pleased with my purchase. Internet is pretty fast, iplayer works ok.

Going to load some books and more pictures onto it soon and report back. Will try and load some games on from sd card aswell.

Guest removed-14
Hello,

The widget issue has been ...

AV

Thanks for such a prompt update. Would have been better out of the box but never the less I'm happy to see progress. Bodes well for future issues.

EDIT: Mine has just arrived!!!

Guest hullmackem
IMO (i've had nothing to compare it with) I think the screen is great B) very responsive, the viewing angle seems fine to me (guy next to you on the train/bus cant snoop on ya)

I'm very pleased with my purchase. Internet is pretty fast, iplayer works ok.

Going to load some books and more pictures onto it soon and report back. Will try and load some games on from sd card aswell.

Great thanks. I'll keep pressing F5 until 4pm :-)

Spotify isn't displaying properly due to the device using landscape instead of portrait as the default setting, and as Spotify doesn't support landscape holding the device in portrait doesn't work....

This thing needs a lot of polish, the keyboard is next to unusable for me.

The playback sounds good though.... :-D

Guest removed-14

First thoughts are... it's brill. Tethered to my HTC Desire, internet looks fab. Screen is nice and bright, viewing angles are fine (not sure what everyone else is looking at but it seems good to me). I agree about how reflective it is but I am sat in an office with daylight strip lights right above me.

It isn't quite as responsive as my HTC Desire but it isn't far off, the lack of hardware buttons will take some getting used to but i'm getting the hang of it. Just trying iPlayer through the browser... but my poor internet speed through Vodafone (remember tethered to my HTC Desire) isn't great so can't make a real judgement yet.

Guest TylerDurdenK

Launcher Pro seems to work well, for those that wanted to know.

I've set icons to 7 columns and 5 rows, and it uses the whole screen, nicely, and widget can be added with no problems.

Edited by TylerDurdenK

Guest niko1986
Browser is identified as Safari on a Mac.....

Try Dolphin browser and change the useragent settings.

Think I'll either see what the archos 101 is like, save up some more and get a tab or ipad. Or keep my cash and wait for the new dual core snapdragons to come out and whatever ARM releases and get a 2nd gen tablet.

Edited by niko1986

Guest hullmackem
Try Dolphin browser and change the useragent settings.

Think I'll either see what the archos 101 is like, save up some more and get a tab or ipad. Or keep my cash and wait for the new dual core snapdragons to come out and whatever ARM releases and get a 2nd gen tablet.

Archos has only 256mb ram