Got your Vega? Share your thoughts!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Bisto321
im sorry but i think ull find if you do your research google have said that android isnt meant for the tablet. and chrome os is sighted as being the os of choice.

did you click on the link I included? - Show me your research and I will show you mine

Google CEO: Android Is for Touch, Chrome OS Is for Keyboards

Google CEO Eric Schmidt has finally made it clear what differentiates Google’s Android OS from the soon-to-be-released Chrome OS: keyboards.

That’s a rather simplified expression of the bigger picture, but ultimately, Google (Google) sees Chrome OS as the operating system for traditional computers, such as PCs, netbooks and laptops, which may include touch interfaces but always include keyboards; and the company sees Android (Android) as an operating system best suited to mobile devices, which may include keyboards but almost always include touch interfaces.

What does your research show? gis a look - I know the internet is not always a solid source, but that is from the CEO and is reported elsewhere too. Looks Black and White to me!

Guest removed-14
Sound like there are 2 happy owners and one unhappy one so far?!

I still REALLY want one!

I'm really pleased. From the immediate disappointment that people showed with the Folio I was worried this would be the same. Unless my expectation levels are way lower than those people, this is worth the price tag for certain.

Guest hullmackem
I'm really pleased. From the immediate disappointment that people showed with the Folio I was worried this would be the same. Unless my expectation levels are way lower than those people, this is worth the price tag for certain.

and yet when i demo'd the folio in pc world i thought it was quite good !

Guest swarrans

That's good to hear (you were one of the 2 happy owners I counted!). I just hope I manage to get one in the "lottery" later today?.....

Guest removed-14
and yet when i demo'd the folio in pc world i thought it was quite good !

Lol! I'm not saying that something will crop up I don't like about it. I'm sure things will annoy me, but that is what Paul is here for! B)

Guest SilentMobius
Portrait viewing angle test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yx566kBm4M

Looks worse when you go right in this instance.

Thanks tonyyeb, looks much better than the Folio, though it does blank out pretty quickly as you move to the right there. When in portrait if you're looking straight on do you get and dissonance between what each eye sees? I found reading webpages in portrait impossible on the folio due to that dissonance. Anyone else any opinions.

Hmm, did someone say that mouse/keyboard didn't work? What about USB thumb drives? I guess we need to be sure USB host mode is possible, thats quite a big one.

Has anyone tested Bluetooth HID? (like the Apple BT keyboards for example)

Guest debs626

AdventVega Advent Vega

We are allocating stock to online now. We just need to make them live. start looking soon.

From Twitter 3 mins ago ............ go refresh your Currys/Dixons/PCWorld pages now !! F5 F5 F5

Edited by debs626

Guest SilentMobius
The vega was advertised as having a 6.5hour battery life when playing 1080p video. What kind of 1080p file can it play? I've tried MKV but no dice.

I'd guess .mp4/.m4v like normal android

Guest mingoid
AdventVega Advent Vega

We are allocating stock to online now. We just need to make them live. start looking soon.

From Twitter 3 mins ago ............ go refresh your Currys/Dixons/PCWorld pages now !! F5 F5 F5

Even though description says "due to exceptional demand..." you can add it to your basket on PC World site. I'm going to wait for more reviews, Devs to do their thing... B)

Guest Bisto321
Even though description says "due to exceptional demand..." you can add it to your basket on PC World site. I'm going to wait for more reviews, Devs to do their thing... :)

its for sale again NOW - how long for this time? B)

Wonder if this thread has put a few off?

Guest TylerDurdenK
I'd guess .mp4/.m4v like normal android

Well, just tried this 720p MP4 file, and it doesn't play smoothly at all. Very blocky and jerky and the sound stopped after less than a minute.

Video

ID							   : 2

Format						   : AVC

Format/Info					  : Advanced Video Codec

Format profile				   : [email protected]

Format settings, CABAC		   : Yes

Format settings, ReFrames		: 8 frames

Codec ID						 : avc1

Codec ID/Info					: Advanced Video Coding

Duration						 : 58mn 59s

Bit rate mode					: Variable

Bit rate						 : 4 801 Kbps

Nominal bit rate				 : 4 633 Kbps

Maximum bit rate				 : 18.6 Mbps

Width							: 1 280 pixels

Height						   : 688 pixels

Display aspect ratio			 : 1.860

Frame rate mode				  : Constant

Frame rate					   : 23.976 fps

Resolution					   : 8 bits

Colorimetry					  : 4:2:0

Scan type						: Progressive

Bits/(Pixel*Frame)			   : 0.227

Stream size					  : 1.98 GiB (97%)

Title							: Superbad-001-GOTSent

Writing library				  : x264 core 57 svn-699C

Encoding settings				: cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:-3:-2 / analyse=0x1:0 / me=umh / fpel_cmp=sad / subme=7 / me-prepass=0 / brdo=1 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=2 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / wpredb=1 / bime=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=4633 / ratetol=1.0 / rceq='blurCplx^(1-qComp)' / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30

Encoded date					 : UTC 2008-03-29 00:59:49

Tagged date					  : UTC 2008-03-29 01:01:36

Audio

ID							   : 1

Format						   : AAC

Format/Info					  : Advanced Audio Codec

Format version				   : Version 4

Format profile				   : LC

Format settings, SBR			 : No

Codec ID						 : 40

Duration						 : 58mn 59s

Bit rate mode					: Variable

Bit rate						 : 163 Kbps

Maximum bit rate				 : 210 Kbps

Channel(s)					   : 2 channels

Channel positions				: Front: L R

Sampling rate					: 48.0 KHz

Stream size					  : 68.7 MiB (3%)

Encoded date					 : UTC 2008-03-29 00:59:43

Tagged date					  : UTC 2008-03-29 01:01:36

Guest terminaljunkie
I've ordered mine, but I couldn't get any of the normal £10 off codes to work - oh well, just being greedy I guess!

Where does one find these mysterious codes B)