Got your Vega? Share your thoughts!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest JennieS

Hi I'm new here, been reading for a while..

Received my Vega at around 3pm,

just updated the system to 1.02 and now everything is in Czech?

How do I get it back to English? Hope someone knows !

lol just ordered mine and had the message..

Your home delivery order will be delivered on 23 November 2010 - 24 November 2010

was expecting them to knock on the door as i finished ordering... nevermind

within 3 working days is gonna drag until i get it now B)

Guest B3rnieMac

*sigh* oh dear. i can deal with the screen being of a lower quality than the tab and ipad, thats a given. viewing angles arent a problem. even gaming doesnt concern me. The main reason ive been watching these threads for a month was 1080p playback and hdmi out. if theres no way to get mkvs going smoothly, i'm out.

makes me kinda glad i spent the vega money on xmas presents - now i wont be able to get one til january, when maybe these embuggerances are ironed out.

Guest TylerDurdenK
Hi I'm new here, been reading for a while..

Received my Vega at around 3pm,

just updated the system to 1.02 and now everything is in Czech?

How do I get it back to English? Hope someone knows !

In Landscape orientation from home screen:

Press the pop up menu button (top right second from right)

Press settings (bottom right, far right)

Scroll to bottom of list

Press Language (Third from bottom)

Press top choice

List of languages should appear, select English.

Evening peeps,

I'm a total newbie but I have been following this thread (and others) for some weeks now.

Could someone confirm if the Vega has access to an app store. I thought I had read that it was initially being released with appslib and not marketplace. Would someone be kind enough to confirm please. Ta muchly.

Guest JennieS
In Landscape orientation from home screen:

Press the pop up menu button (top right second from right)

Press settings (bottom right, far right)

Scroll to bottom of list

Press Language (Third from bottom)

Press top choice

List of languages should appear, select English.

Thank you so much!

Guest Kirkie1
lol just ordered mine and had the message..

Your home delivery order will be delivered on 23 November 2010 - 24 November 2010

was expecting them to knock on the door as i finished ordering... nevermind

within 3 working days is gonna drag until i get it now B)

Even stranger I got the same message and as I read it the doorbell rang, now thats what I would have called service lol.

Guest Bisto321
Evening peeps,

I'm a total newbie but I have been following this thread (and others) for some weeks now.

Could someone confirm if the Vega has access to an app store. I thought I had read that it was initially being released with appslib and not marketplace. Would someone be kind enough to confirm please. Ta muchly.

it appears not? even the suggested AppsLib seems to be missing, very odd. Have advent confirmed if this is an oversight or are they never going to include it?

it appears not? even the suggested AppsLib seems to be missing, very odd. Have advent confirmed if this is an oversight or are they never going to include it?

I seem to recal a picture someone had taken in a currys or pcworld showing a shelf endge label which stated that the vega came with appslib? Now I'm confussed. If it doesn't come with any type of app store, I think I will be sending it straight back. I'm a total novice with android - never even used it on a phone before so I don't even know what 'sideloading' means!!!!! Thanks for the quick responce though.

Edited by lmjw

Guest JingleManSweep

Paul,

How would I go about installing the Google apps (like GMail etc.), can I just copy the APKs from my ZTE Blade? Can I also do the same with other apps (e.g. SqueezeCommander)?

Guest Bisto321
Paul,

How would I go about installing the Google apps (like GMail etc.), can I just copy the APKs from my ZTE Blade? Can I also do the same with other apps (e.g. SqueezeCommander)?

Check back in about an hour. Should be a 'how to' for root, market and custom rom B)

Just kidding, it may be two or three (no pressure Paul)

Guest shutdown

I was in the middle of ordering mine from my phone while waiting for my daughter was at dancing lessons. Got thhrough to payment verification and then my net connection died

PANIC!!! knowing i only had seconds before they'd sell out I tried to get up and running but the secure connection was lost...bugger!

Called my girlfriend who was luckily off work this afternoon to fire up her netbook and go order. I thought by then I would have missed out and would have to wait but by the time i got home she's had the order confirmed...

and the delivery email!

chuffed or what!!!!

here comes 3 long working days haha

Guest lnux9898

Not possible at this point. Let the devs play with it for a few days.

Guest Bisto321
Not tonight... footy is on! :)

P

Yeah, I know. I am working on the Outside Broadcast for it. Hope you enjoy it, I will make sure it runs smoothly, just as long as you get them fixes out - soon as B)

Guest daniel.weck
Could someone confirm if the Vega has access to an app store. I thought I had read that it was initially being released with appslib and not marketplace.

due to unforeseen circumstances we had to remove appslib. We are working on getting alternative store(s) available from website

http://twitter.com/AdventVega/status/7132512186798080

Guest rferrett

One quick question for those who were first wave types who have lucked in and got theirs! B)

Does this bad boy use MicroSD or normal SD? I am guessing 4gb wont be enough and was thinking of going to fleabay to get myself a bigger card in anticipation.