StreakDroid 1.4.6 Annoncement

Guest Stephen Hyde

yep ill include the market fix AND fards tweaks again

Hi Stephen.....Urgent I need your help!!!!!!!....six days ago I have update to Froyo 2.2 (pack to baseband 00) from 1.6 in unlocked Streak to AT&T, baseband 31-US, version 6601....I followed your instructions in http://www.streaksmart.com/2010/11/how-to-...ell-streak.html ......and now my Streak is dead and lock to Dell logo with black screen. I have intentend all recommendations in this thread and in Xda-developers, Streaksmart.com, etc, etc.....and nothing: my device is locked and dead,.....please!!!!.....please I need help!!!!!!...any idea is apreciated. :P

Thanks.

Maurice.

Guest Stephen Hyde
Hi Stephen.....Urgent I need your help!!!!!!!....six days ago I have update to Froyo 2.2 (pack to baseband 00) from 1.6 in unlocked Streak to AT&T, baseband 31-US, version 6601....I followed your instructions in http://www.streaksmart.com/2010/11/how-to-...ell-streak.html ......and now my Streak is dead and lock to Dell logo with black screen. I have intentend all recommendations in this thread and in Xda-developers, Streaksmart.com, etc, etc.....and nothing: my device is locked and dead,.....please!!!!.....please I need help!!!!!!...any idea is apreciated. :P

Thanks.

Maurice.

jump into irc channel #dellstreak on freenode - we can revive it:0

Thanks.

Maurice.

goto

Irc.freenode.net. channel #dellstreak

yep ill include the market fix AND fards tweaks again - oh and it disables the issue with powering off if the rear panel isnt attached properly

Tbh IM still unsure those tweaks work for every network, which is why we said leave em out wasn't it?

Wonder if datal/local.prop can be set up in update zip? If it could, then it could be deleted easily if anyone has specific issues with it using astra or adb themselves

Guest Stephen Hyde
Tbh IM still unsure those tweaks work for every network, which is why we said leave em out wasn't it?

Wonder if datal/local.prop can be set up in update zip? If it could, then it could be deleted easily if anyone has specific issues with it using astra or adb themselves

thats a simple one to do - just need to add a line to my post boot service to copy the file over

Guest adzman808
yep ill include the market fix AND fards tweaks again - oh and it disables the issue with powering off if the rear panel isnt attached properly

Hi steve

Re the back cover do you mean that hot swap of sd card will be possible?

(I've just permanently depressed the lever with a piece of card, but the thread describing how to do that always gets lots questions asking how to do that!)

Cheers

thats a simple one to do - just need to add a line to my post boot service to copy the file over

Yeah, wonder if it will get picked up early enough to set the props doing that? And wouldn't it then get overwritten each boot?

Or do you mean postboot service executed on flashing update.zip? I need to look more into the updater scripts

Sill do much to learn with android. :P

Guest Stephen Hyde
Yeah, wonder if it will get picked up early enough to set the props doing that? And wouldn't it then get overwritten each boot?

Or do you mean postboot service executed on flashing update.zip? I need to look more into the updater scripts

Sill do much to learn with android. :P

may not execute on the first bootup but then its not hard to mention that in the install howto(i.e. to enable higher performance data simply reboot) and no i can block it being overwritten

jump into irc channel #dellstreak on freenode - we can revive it:0

Hi Stephen...and thanks for your attention.....but can you send me a direct link to this web site?. How is this: "we can revive it"....?.

Thanks again.

Maurice.

Guest Stephen Hyde
Hi Stephen...and thanks for your attention.....but can you send me a direct link to this web site?. How is this: "we can revive it"....?.

Thanks again.

Maurice.

webchat.freenode.net

input channel #dellstreak

webchat.freenode.net

input channel #dellstreak

Thanks again Stephen!!!!!!!....I will go to this site........and will see if I can revive my Streak........ :P

Maurice.

Guest adzman808
in theory yes but it will be wise to unmount the card manually in android first

but yes hotswap should be doable

the peice of card is still going strong, but this method sounds better :P

i've started using a micro sd in a sd adaptor in my camera, so that i can swap the micro sd into the phone to check the pix on a decent screen :D

thanks

Thanks again Stephen!!!!!!!....I will go to this site........and will see if I can revive my Streak........ :P

Maurice.

Ready........Stephen.......now I am in webchat.freenode.net....and now?.....

Maurice.

Guest TimoBeil

Thank you, fards. It is true. In the o2 Germany network this tweak is not proper working. The download/upload speed is unchanged but the battery consumption is increased significantly.

If this tweak is included in the next update, I would be happy if you could write a local.prop with a "downgrade".

Fard's tweaks seem to help on my at&t streak, signal strength is much better and my data speeds are improved. Thanks!

Fards tweak applied - Just to see how it would affect me , as the I never felt a difference between my wifi and 3g speeds. Always fast and has impressed many a iphone 4 users

__________________ D/L ____________ U/L

before the tweak ____2017_____________ 1422 ( tested only once )

After the tweak -_____784 to 2810________823 to 1300 ( tested few times as the first time i was getting low speeds

Results are very variable with each time i tested.

Dont know if it helped or not .

On steve's 1.4.5 Rom

ATT -

Tested with speedtest app.

Edited by Gopu

Guest epuarlana
ill intergrate something to remove it also

+1 for that

+1 for Stephen

:P

if I create a setcpu profile with "screen off" and "min = 128"; max = "384" my streak freezes/reboots when I'm getting/doing a call. it's fine until i want to "awake" the screen (for example by putting it away from my head).

fix: don't do this profile :D:D:D