StreakDroid 1.4.6 Annoncement

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest symbiotix

Questions about the Facebook App: It would be nice to HTC Sense interface included if possible. I could have sworn you had it in one of the previous releases (i.e. 1.3). Am I crazy? Or did I perhaps update to Facebook Mobile by accident (thereby eliminating the other)? I only use the phone in landscape, and the official app doesn't support landscape mode on the notifications page.

Guest superutp

if I may ask....what are currently the bugs in 1.4.6??

am plannin on updating to 1.4.6 since I have time available now...

have updated to 2.2 official a few days back so shud be easy enuf..(hopefully!!)

Ps: steve, when r u comin out with ur next version??

appears my streak is stuck on dell logo stage. Will try and get to recovery/fastboot and fix. Hopefully.

if nothing seem to work, the best option is to install 1.1.1 version , if stuck in dell logo again, reboot and it should make u have a working streak

then flash 1.4.6 and it should work

Guest vijay15

I absolutely love the 1.4.6 BUT I have ONE major grievances ...

1. GPS - After having the gps location not work (worked perfectly in 1.1.1) I tried downlaoding and reinstalling GPS Status - aGPS stuff. Still doesnt work ...

any ideas?

Edited by vijay15

Guest frankquattrone

Hi, just thought I'd share my experience on the upgrade in case it helps anyone. I was on O2 2.1 and went straight to 1.4.6. The instructions are great but I got a little stuck starting at step 5, probably because I'm a noob. Anyway, for anyone else like me, here's what I got confused on:

Step 5: After shutting down, you have to boot into clock work recovery. This presumes you've already installed the clockwork recover mod. I hadn't because it wasn't in the instructions earlier. I just installed it then using the pdf guide from here: Streak guide My experience was that clockwork recovery mod that is part of the Fastboot.exe & Koush's Recovery mentioned on p. 3 of the pdf didn't work. I had to use one of the alternatives on p. 9. I downloaded alternative 1 & 2 and I didn't really keep track which worked but I'm pretty sure it was 1.

Step 6 worked fine once I installed the clockwork recovery

Step 7: This is when I ran into major issues. I got stuck on the Dell logo. Turned out it required a factory reset and not just a normal reboot. Do this by going into recovery mode, select #1. After doing that, it rebooted and then kinda got stuck on the Dell logo again. I just left it alone and after maybe 30 sec - 1 min, it just booted up. **Update: Seems it was longer than this. Maybe like 5-10 mins. I know now because I did a factory reset from the UI and it seemed like it was stuck. I got impatient and pulled the battery and did the factory reset through recovery mode. Looked stuck again but after just waiting what felt like forever, it finally worked. I'm wondering now if a factory reset is even required or if I was just too impatient the first time I rebooted in Step 7**

Hope that helps someone. Wanted to contribute something since I've learned a lot from a lot of other people's contributions.

Edited by frankquattrone

Guest Brunswick

Not trying to litter this thread.....just didn't get an answer so im reposting this question............

Just want to make sure I can flash directly to 1.4.6 from this, and if yes, which parts?? amss.mbn?, dsp1.mbn?, clockwork 2.5?

Baseband version GAUSB1A130500-US

Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-perf

OEM Version GAUSB1A130500

Build Version 10688

Im more than a bit paranoid about attempting anything new after 3 days without a phone and stuck on Dell logo. Thanks again Steve for that help.

fards: "If you're already on stock 2.2 all that is needed is to flash clockwork recovery and run the update.zip

should be no need to factory reset "

Hoping its just that easy.

Guest vijay15
have you enabled both options in location settings, works over here quite happily

I have ... and I also have checked the agps ... :P

I have also tried over wifi

I have also tried a hard reset

I have also tried reflashing the 1.4.6 ROM ...

Any other ideas?

Edited by vijay15

Guest frankquattrone

An odd thing when I play music. I can play but once I hit pause, I get an error that says "Sorry this player does not support this type of audio file" then skips to the end. Of course, before I hit pause it was playing just fine and if I skip to the next song, it plays that too. They are normal MP3 files and played without a hitch on 1.6 and O2 2.1. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

A couple of other questions:

1) Like the pin lock on Froyo but the keypad is tiny or is that just me? It also doesn't rotate. Is there a way to make it bigger? Also, is there a way for it to act like the iPhone where you enter the pin and it just unlocks without having to hit "OK". I know its just one small step but would be more convenient. Would also love it if you could bypass the slide to unlock and just go straight to the pin unlock. Considering how big the Streak is, trying to slide unlock with one hand is very difficult. Or can the slide be replaced with just a button to push to unlock?

2) Is there a way to see the battery % without going into settings? On 1.6 and 2.1 you could tap on the battery and it would show the %.

3) What is the default wallpaper (the blue sky with clouds, sun and water)? I love it but I can't find it in the list of wallpapers so if I try something else, I wasn't able to get back to the default.

Thanks for the help!

Guest dairymasta
An odd thing when I play music. I can play but once I hit pause, I get an error that says "Sorry this player does not support this type of audio file" then skips to the end. Of course, before I hit pause it was playing just fine and if I skip to the next song, it plays that too. They are normal MP3 files and played without a hitch on 1.6 and O2 2.1. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

A couple of other questions:

1) Like the pin lock on Froyo but the keypad is tiny or is that just me? It also doesn't rotate. Is there a way to make it bigger? Also, is there a way for it to act like the iPhone where you enter the pin and it just unlocks without having to hit "OK". I know its just one small step but would be more convenient. Would also love it if you could bypass the slide to unlock and just go straight to the pin unlock. Considering how big the Streak is, trying to slide unlock with one hand is very difficult. Or can the slide be replaced with just a button to push to unlock?

2) Is there a way to see the battery % without going into settings? On 1.6 and 2.1 you could tap on the battery and it would show the %.

3) What is the default wallpaper (the blue sky with clouds, sun and water)? I love it but I can't find it in the list of wallpapers so if I try something else, I wasn't able to get back to the default.

Thanks for the help!

Download Music Mod from the market, it's free and works fine, just an optimised version of the original player with some added features.

Tried the pin thing and didn't like it...pattern lock without visible pattern seems to be much easier.

Download battery indicator from market, sits in your notification bar, good app.

No idea about the wallpaper.

EDIT: Also since updating to 1.4.6 I have discovered a new issue, my wifi barely stays connected for 5 minutes. COnnects, disconnects, connects, disconnects. It's getting really annoying...does this happen to anyone else?

Edited by dairymasta

Guest TheOriginalGiga

I found this site a while back through another streak site that I watch for news and I have to say, Stephen, when I get paid, I'm donating you a beer or two worth of cash because bar none, this is THE best firmware for ANY android phone I've used. I was waiting for the official 2.2 as I didn't want to void my warranty, but the benefit was defiantly worth the risk. I'm running 1.4.6 and it runs so smoothly, it's exactly what I expect from my phone. I do have one small hiccup which I attribute to my screen cover as it has persisted through all versions of this firmware. When I go to use the slider after turning the phone on, it won't slide all the way. I have to turn the screen off and on a couple times to get it to work right.

Anyway, I have to say, great firmware, awesome instructions, Steve, thanks for making my phone worth while!

Guest tavella
I have ... and I also have checked the agps ... :P

I have also tried over wifi

I have also tried a hard reset

I have also tried reflashing the 1.4.6 ROM ...

Any other ideas?

I was having weird issues where I'd show I was connected to 3G and HSPA but I couldn't access any data. I tried everything and anything to get it to work. Finally call Dell and they sent me out a replacement. Works great. Just make sure you put the phone back to the baseband/build thats most recent for your carrier or 11548 if you're unlocked baseband 00

Guest mrmrmrmr
Steve,

Is there any chance to add the "tun.ko" for every new release to the first post ?

I am not able to find it for new release 1.4.6

If you can add it to the first post it will be very nice for us VPN users to get it with each release...

in case it has been missed...

Guest vijay15
I was having weird issues where I'd show I was connected to 3G and HSPA but I couldn't access any data. I tried everything and anything to get it to work. Finally call Dell and they sent me out a replacement. Works great. Just make sure you put the phone back to the baseband/build thats most recent for your carrier or 11548 if you're unlocked baseband 00

My data works just fine. I can download anything, browse anything, it just cant pin my rotation, which is odd as it worked with 1.1.1.

Vij

My data works just fine. I can download anything, browse anything, it just cant pin my rotation, which is odd as it worked with 1.1.1.

Vij

check the gps.conf and change to a local time server for you. I presume you are on one of the froyo basebands ?

I've been playing with setcpu, as I wasn't overhappy with the profiles workaround..

Its a much neater solution to have the frequencies set in /system/setcpu and load them the first time.

using adb

adb push setcpu.txt system/setcpu

or rename and copy with file explorer

or even leave it on the sdcard as setcpu.txt

which ever you fancy ..

then start setcpu, press menu, choose Device Selection, and show other Frequency Sets, scroll right down to the bottom, and Custom frequencies.

from then on it should work fine..

use setcpu as you feel it will restart with these values loaded everytime :P

HTH

setcpu.txt

Anytime i use excel, It closes itself everytime while using it. It doesn't gives me a force close message, it just randomly shuts down during use, and I have to restart it again. Anyone experience this??

Guest frankquattrone
Download Music Mod from the market, it's free and works fine, just an optimised version of the original player with some added features.

Tried the pin thing and didn't like it...pattern lock without visible pattern seems to be much easier.

Download battery indicator from market, sits in your notification bar, good app.

No idea about the wallpaper.

EDIT: Also since updating to 1.4.6 I have discovered a new issue, my wifi barely stays connected for 5 minutes. COnnects, disconnects, connects, disconnects. It's getting really annoying...does this happen to anyone else?

Thanks for the tips. On the music player, can you replicate the error I'm getting on the stock music player and is this a bug in the firmware or is it just me? If it helps you, I have no issues with wifi staying connected. Maybe its one of your settings on your wifi sleep policy.