StreakDroid 1.4.6 Annoncement

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest dairymasta
I've been playing with setcpu, as I wasn't overhappy with the profiles workaround..

Its a much neater solution to have the frequencies set in /system/setcpu and load them the first time.

using adb

adb push setcpu.txt system/setcpu

or rename and copy with file explorer

or even leave it on the sdcard as setcpu.txt

which ever you fancy ..

then start setcpu, press menu, choose Device Selection, and show other Frequency Sets, scroll right down to the bottom, and Custom frequencies.

from then on it should work fine..

use setcpu as you feel it will restart with these values loaded everytime :P

HTH

What's this for? Will SetCPU not work normally if you just install it, set it to on demand and leave it to it's own devices? :s

Guest Crinos512
What's this for? Will SetCPU not work normally if you just install it, set it to on demand and leave it to it's own devices? :s

...and what is the possibility of rolling this setcpu file into the next build? :P

Guest mr gribbly

Hi, I need help again.

When the new baseband came out, I had a serious problem where after flashing the baseband I got stuck at the dell logo. I could not get into fastboot or recovery so I took it back to O2 and they ended up giving me a new one.

I've held off updating til today but since I hadn't heard of anyone else having this issue I tried to install the update on the new phone.

Now I've got the exact same problem, Flashed the baseband and now, nothing, just the dell logo.

I really need help.

Sorry but I'd rather have the cam working, don't use fring... Any way we could get a choice....

Sorry again

The camera will work. Just not the front facing lo- res one inside the camera app..

Right now ... It says ...

# FOR SUPL SUPPORT, set the following

SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com

SUPL_PORT=7276

Should I change the SUPL_HOST to Bell instead of supl.google.com? and then do i change the port as well?

Andl astly, do i haveto remove the number sign at all?

No. lol the apn settings...

Home screen /menu/ settings/ wireless/ mobile networks /access point names

As I said before setcpu doesnt pick up the correct frequencies automatically. after a reboot it sometimes sticks at 548mhz

Guest Reddy232
I am on Stephen Hyde's v1.1 right now.

What is the easiest way to get to 1.4.6?

Also, where can I download fastboot? and How to use it on mac?

Please let me know I tried fastboot last night but it just said "waiting for device" and nothing happened.

Hi again.

Can someone please let me know what do to if I am stuck at "waiting for device" when I try fastboot commands?

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Guest LorD CLockaN

I don't care about the little cammera, but would like to see even more battery and speed improvements..

If they are even possible in this great rom...

Guest vagelis
ok folks i have a choice for you . probly for 1.5 or 1.6 versions

which would you all prefer to have

1. front camera available in camera app (as is at moment)

2. front camera usable in fring etc only (as it was in 1.1.1/1.2)

choice is yours folks, but until fring etc change their app its one or other

If we may have the camera as in stock, it makes more sense, no?

Guest Stephen Hyde
and i bet if someone using official dell build tests fring they will find front cam doesn work either - as android does not natively support multiple cameras

Guest dairymasta
As I said before setcpu doesnt pick up the correct frequencies automatically. after a reboot it sometimes sticks at 548mhz

Ah, i havent encountered that problem. Everytime i reboot its either at min 245 or whatever and max 1190...altho everytime i run it it does say setcpu has been granted permissions, so have been unsure if its always working or stops then only starts again once i open it...

Think its fine though.

Guest alert_bri

Just wanted to report that Stephens latest version 1.4.6 seems to have sorted the accelerometer issue... Has anyone else still got the problem?

If not, maybe worth removing this from the 'known issue' list?

I haven't installed the 720 video fix yet... Don't know whether that has relevance.

Gotta say, this version is superb... Especially now that I'm used to SetCPU and have it set to 245/245 when the screen is off - saves battery life very nicely!

Cheers

Brian

Guest adzman808

+1 :P

@Steve,

i realise all us of could just f off & learn to make our own roms, save you lots of cr.ap & hassle

but imho the price of progress shouldn't be regression

as you've said all along, this is fring's problem

s0d's law states, that as soon as you spend time back tracking the front camera function, then fring will 'fix' their issue, it wont work with your (not yet released) reversed camera function rom & then people will be asking for you to fix it, for the third time...

i know you can only please some of the ppl some of the time, and i've no idea how much work is involved making front cam work / not work - but is it possible to make 2 roms with it working & "not" working for fring users?

or alternitively ignore us whinning fools & cook what you want !!!! :D

Guest ClippinWings
Sooooo, I was about to make the jump from stock 2.2 froyo to 1.4.6...

Should I do it, or wait a bit more for a surprise :P

Thanks Stephen...

1.4.6 rocks... I was just displaying your talented work to a co-worker who is reluctantly waiting for official 2.2 pushed form Dell... he's still on 1.6 LOL

The overclocked performance blew his mind.

Guest Stephen Hyde
+1 :D

@Steve,

i realise all us of could just f off & learn to make our own roms, save you lots of cr.ap & hassle

but imho the price of progress shouldn't be regression

as you've said all along, this is fring's problem

s0d's law states, that as soon as you spend time back tracking the front camera function, then fring will 'fix' their issue, it wont work with your (not yet released) reversed camera function rom & then people will be asking for you to fix it, for the third time...

i know you can only please some of the ppl some of the time, and i've no idea how much work is involved making front cam work / not work - but is it possible to make 2 roms with it working & "not" working for fring users?

or alternitively ignore us whinning fools & cook what you want !!!! :D

at which point i can simply revert to my current files :P not hard to swap an change frameworks really

Guest mrmrmrmr
ok folks i have a choice for you . probly for 1.5 or 1.6 versions

which would you all prefer to have

1. front camera available in camera app (as is at moment)

2. front camera usable in fring etc only (as it was in 1.1.1/1.2)

choice is yours folks, but until fring etc change their app its one or other

well, I use fring and another app which uses front camera. So I'd much like to see this problem solved.

however, I believe this should be solved on application side.

We've already informed Fring about the problem and they said they'll fix it.

So I think we should move forward with the stock cam application which enables selection of front/rear cam.

Guest mrmrmrmr

Steve,

Is there any chance to add the "tun.ko" for every new release to the first post ?

I am not able to find it for new release 1.4.6

If you can add it to the first post it will be very nice for us VPN users to get it with each release...

Guest adzman808

for what its worth...

re gps

was sitting (lucky me) on the train back from london n ctachin up with this forum & saw a fair few ppl saying they had gps issues...

well for what it's worth, i got gps service both in navigation & maps, whilst on the train, so............

that's on uk o2 with the (31500) BB

i know this doesn't help much if you've got a problem

sorry!

Guest Stephen Hyde

mrmrmrmr ill add tun.ko into the rom methinks

edit: ill TEMPORARILY REGRESS the camera changes until fring is confirmed working on the official build then i can easily enough move them back in :P

Edited by Stephen Hyde

Guest adzman808
at which point i can simply revert to my current files :P not hard to swap an change frameworks really

easy for you maybe, for me not so much :D

1.4.6 is by far the best rom BTW

fast, stable, no green line, no rotation prob, no market issue, no gps problem, no browser FC, overclockable, oh & did i mention being pleased the front camera works? :D

i've even shut up pm'ing you & bugging you on irc about usb tethering lol