StreakDroid 1.4.6 Annoncement

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Stephen Davidson

Good to know that others are experiencing that same issue. I thought it had something to do with my 16GB internal card.

I also find that if the slowdown occurs before the device suspends, it may not wake up. Anyone else having that issue?

Guest ClippinWings
Good to know that others are experiencing that same issue. I thought it had something to do with my 16GB internal card.

I also find that if the slowdown occurs before the device suspends, it may not wake up. Anyone else having that issue?

can't say i have...

In fact mine seems fine, until it sleeps... then when I wake it up, it's slow.

Guest bunda_bindaas

5. Once your device has booted shut down again and boot into clockwork recovery by doing the following

boot to recovery as per step 1 then choose option 2.

6. Flash the 1.4.5 update zip

7. reboot

I'm a newbie so apologies in advance about asking stupid questions.

1) I am on O2 2.1 build. Can I directly port to 2.2 version 1.4.6?

2) The steps outlined above confuse me. After Flashing 1.4.6 we have to flash 1.4.5??

Please do direct me to other threads where this process of porting 2.2 is explained in more detail...

Guest justxroro

thanks for the input guys, i wasn't sure if i was the only one getting the random slowdowns. i'll keep trying different things and i'll let you guys know if i find anything (or a combination of things) that might help.

Guest parcsalooc
thanks for the input guys, i wasn't sure if i was the only one getting the random slowdowns. i'll keep trying different things and i'll let you guys know if i find anything (or a combination of things) that might help.

Use Temp+CPU V2 in the market. Monitor the widget when you are having the slowdowns. You will probably notice that your CPU usage is around 99-100%. If so, it seems like it could be a slow scale down issue on setcpu.

Guest nickshertzer
Is anyone else having trouble with random slowdowns? I know a couple have mentioned it, but not sure if they got their problems fixed. I've noticed it (I think) since 1.3... i don't remember encountering the slowdowns with 1.0-1.3, but I could be wrong. I've tried clearing the cache, factory reset through CWM, and even the stock android factory reset option and still running into random slowdowns now that I'm on 1.4.6. I tried a fresh factory reset both with/without setcpu oc and still getting the slowdowns. (sometimes when it slows down, i can lock the screen and wait a couple seconds, and it'll return good as new... but not always)

Does anyone know anything else I should try?

#MyStreak came to a screatching halt today also. live wallpaper animation stopped and frame rate on menu transitions dropped to next to nothing. Reboot and now fine. Probably a rouge app. I only have about 80 market apps installed...

You can always try clear cache and clear dalvik from Clockworkmod without losing data. Of course, factory reset seems to fix every problem. It's probably the stock twitter app (or something else everyone uses) screwing with everybody... causing the "sticky slider" too.

Guest dairymasta
Is anyone else having trouble with random slowdowns? I know a couple have mentioned it, but not sure if they got their problems fixed. I've noticed it (I think) since 1.3... i don't remember encountering the slowdowns with 1.0-1.3, but I could be wrong. I've tried clearing the cache, factory reset through CWM, and even the stock android factory reset option and still running into random slowdowns now that I'm on 1.4.6. I tried a fresh factory reset both with/without setcpu oc and still getting the slowdowns. (sometimes when it slows down, i can lock the screen and wait a couple seconds, and it'll return good as new... but not always)

Does anyone know anything else I should try?

Started happening to me today, had no trouble with it when first flashed 1.4.6. Has happened about 6 times today, don't understand it. ;)

Guest vagelis
Ive had two times today when the phone has completely frozen so ive had to pull battery.. Was working fine before that....

Yup, me too... I got impatient and loaded 1.4.6 from Stock Froyo... happened 2 hours after all was loaded and running... the computing world is akin to tasseomancy at times ;)

Again today, unable to hang up call--had to remove the battery to do so. Could minimize the call application this time by locking and unlocking the phone, but it remained open with it saying "Unknown Call: 0:00" in my notifications. Also had issues answering where the slider bar froze while trying to swipe it, resulting in me missing the call.

I use the Streak as my main phone so I probably notice it more than others--I does happen rather rarely.

Not a complaint, this build is my fav so far minus these issues I've been having with the phone app. I didn't have these before though so you may want to look into it ;)

Virtually bug-free otherwise, though--keep up the good work Steve!

Edit: Forgot to mention an incredibly minor thing--for whatever reason, when I put the phone up to my face and the proximity sensor shuts the screen off, it automatically switches to landscape mode (making it kind of annoying to hang up the phone when I'm done or enter keys when calling an automated system such as Comcast or ATT). Not sure if this is a bug or not but I don't remember it happening previous to the update.

Edited by NexusX

Ive had two times today when the phone has completely frozen so ive had to pull battery.. Was working fine before that....

Was this during/after making a call by chance?

Guest vagelis
Yup, me too... I got impatient and loaded 1.4.6 from Stock Froyo... happened 2 hours after all was loaded and running... the computing world is akin to tasseomancy at times :P

I had to revert to stock Froyo; unfortunately I could not receive SMS's after I flashed 1.4.6.

In fact I had to factory reset stock froyo (loosing all my texts, since Titanium backup did not save them) to receive SMS's again ;)

Guest davesanchez

Is anyone having problems with battery draining or have a fix I'm down to 85% after only an hour and I've hardly used it apart from that loving this Rom

Guest bunda_bindaas

REPOST - Please help me guys!

5. Once your device has booted shut down again and boot into clockwork recovery by doing the following

7. reboot

2) The steps outlined above confuse me. After Flashing 1.4.6 we have to flash 1.4.5??

Please do direct me to other threads where this process of porting 2.2 is explained in more detail...

Guest adzman808
I had to revert to stock Froyo; unfortunately I could not receive SMS's after I flashed 1.4.6.

In fact I had to factory reset stock froyo (loosing all my texts, since Titanium backup did not save them) to receive SMS's again ;)

sms back up from market = free & simple & works (too late now, but for next time)

1) Yes, but may be fewer problems going to official 2.2 then 2.2(1.4.6)

2) No, just official 2.2 -> 2.2 (1.4.6)

See first post of this thread, everything you need is there if you read it carefully.

REPOST - Please help me guys!

7. reboot

Guest dwnhllfreak
I had the same problem as you discribed for pocket legends.

What I've done is

"Unmount" your sd card, then

"Install pocket legends" from android market, then

you should be able to see it completes installed. After this step then

"Mount" your sd card back.

This solves the install unsuccessful problem for pocket legends on my streak, I think the same trick can be applied to angry birds as well.

You can give it a try, good luck.

Thanks,

I installed Angry birds with this method.

Guest pompeyboyz

Today, after many weeks of no problems, my streak has just started going in random shutdowns mode. It is happening every 5 or so minutes and the phone is sat on my work desk in sleep mode.

I had noticed this morning that the battery seemed to be draining quite fast. I have also found I cannot change the ringtones through the settings.

I am going to try a Factory Reset as a last resort but through I would ask if any others are suffering this.

ps...someone previously mentioned an issue where they could not hangup a call. I had this a couple of days back but put it down to the very cold weatehr I was out in at the time.