StreakDroid 1.4.6 Annoncement

Guest Stephen Hyde

64bit win7 should run virtual pc/xp mode..Cant people on 64bit win use that? Obviously only in win7

Standard version of Windows 7 does not have that, the other editions do.

Phone app now crashing as soon as whoever I'm calling picks up the phone, every time without fail. Makes the phone unusable and I have to remove the battery.

Today, after many weeks of no problems, my streak has just started going in random shutdowns mode. It is happening every 5 or so minutes and the phone is sat on my work desk in sleep mode.

I had noticed this morning that the battery seemed to be draining quite fast. I have also found I cannot change the ringtones through the settings.

I am going to try a Factory Reset as a last resort but through I would ask if any others are suffering this.

ps...someone previously mentioned an issue where they could not hangup a call. I had this a couple of days back but put it down to the very cold weatehr I was out in at the time.

Does 1.4.6 version overclock some of the chips ? If this is the case, this might cause the problem.

I am still using official 2.2 version(309 build), and waiting for more stable and complete one, like build 1.5.

Edited by lchen5

Guest dancemb

When I get my unlocked 1.6 Streak from Dell Direct, what is the process to upgrade the handset to this version? I am a newbie bear in mind, so I do not understand all of the technical terms that have been mentioned throughout this thread, that I have followed this interest.

I was going to just use the official 2.2 version, but as that has now been riddled with bugs and problems, and as such has now been stopped being rolled out until Dell resolves the issues, it seems more prudent to update my device to this version, as it seems more stable and responsive.

Is there a step by step guide to go from 1.6 unlocked, direct to 1.4.6?

Guest OrionBG
Standard version of Windows 7 does not have that, the other editions do.

Use VMlite it uses the XP image for the XPmode but works on diffident OSes even vista and XP if I'm not mistaken!

Guest stryfe604
When I get my unlocked 1.6 Streak from Dell Direct, what is the process to upgrade the handset to this version? I am a newbie bear in mind, so I do not understand all of the technical terms that have been mentioned throughout this thread, that I have followed this interest.

I was going to just use the official 2.2 version, but as that has now been riddled with bugs and problems, and as such has now been stopped being rolled out until Dell resolves the issues, it seems more prudent to update my device to this version, as it seems more stable and responsive.

Is there a step by step guide to go from 1.6 unlocked, direct to 1.4.6?

I would also like to know this. If someone could message me or leave a message here would be great. Thanks and keep up the good work Steve

Guest LorD CLockaN

I don't know if Steven's enabling overclocking in his roms have anything to do with changing cpu voltage, but is it possible to change cpu voltage so we can undervolt or overvolt and thac OC some more??

thanx

Guest Stephen Hyde
I don't know if Steven's enabling overclocking in his roms have anything to do with changing cpu voltage, but is it possible to change cpu voltage so we can undervolt or overvolt and thac OC some more??

thanx

the cxpus already pretty aggressivly undervolted as standard (compared to n1 anyway

Guest jayjayn1
slowly, theirs some interesting rotation related isses to work out, which are proving annoying and bloody difficult to diag

Ok cool. Keep up the good work, im sure you will get it sorted.

Also ive been playing with the setcpu max and min settings. Can you recommend some speeds?

Thanks for all the work you have done for us streak owners. You really have made it into a great machine.

Guest dairymasta
For what it's worth, reverting to 1.4.5 has fixed the issue

I removed SetCPU and my phone hasn't frozen since.

Maybe a coincidence, or maybe the problem....

Guest LorD CLockaN
the cxpus already pretty aggressivly undervolted as standard (compared to n1 anyway

well I wanted to overclock some more so I would like to rise the voltage ;)

Guest Stephen Hyde
well I wanted to overclock some more so I would like to rise the voltage ;)

been their done that, you have to push the voltage WELL over stock to get access to 1.2ghz clocks (i can run mine at 1.267 stable but have to push cpu 250mv over its stock voltage(stock 1300 i have to run it at 1550

Guest LorD CLockaN
been their done that, you have to push the voltage WELL over stock to get access to 1.2ghz clocks (i can run mine at 1.267 stable but have to push cpu 250mv over its stock voltage(stock 1300 i have to run it at 1550

I don't mind.. I would like to give him more juice.. I'm extreme OCer ;)

How hard it is to change voltage?

Hi all.

I've just upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.4.6, and Swiftkey does not appear to be working. I checked the relevant option in setting to make this the default keyboard, but it just recerts to the stock Android keyboard. This itself is not working properly - autocaps and it's predictive features will not enable.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

PS - much appreciative of your work, Steve.

Hi all....4 days ago I have installed the 1.4.6 version of Steve´s Froyo after being in Froyo 2.2, version 12332 and GAUSB1A131500 and I have tried for 3 days .......I personally DO NOT RECOMMEND Steve's version because it has many bugs, it does not have call notifications, tone phone can not be changed and the screen is not nice . Conclusion: after much work had to go back to version 12332 (I had to use repairtool.zip for solve all problems!!!!!). My Streak was Android 1.6, GAUSB1A111231-US, 6601 version and locked to AT&T.

Greetings!!!!!

Mauricio Villota.

Hi all....4 days ago I have installed the 1.4.6 version of Steve´s Froyo after being in Froyo 2.2, version 12332 and GAUSB1A131500 and I have tried for 3 days .......I personally DO NOT RECOMMEND Steve's version because it has many bugs, it does not have call notifications, tone phone can not be changed and the screen is not nice . Conclusion: after much work had to go back to version 12332 (I had to use repairtool.zip for solve all problems!!!!!). My Streak was Android 1.6, GAUSB1A111231-US, 6601 version and locked to AT&T.

Greetings!!!!!

Mauricio Villota.

[/quot[

WOW so Dells 2.2 is more stable than steves,

Coments should be Intresting to read

Edited by lufc

Greetings!!!!!

Mauricio Villota.

Really? I found Dell's build waaaay more buggy....

Guest LorD CLockaN

Greetings!!!!!

Mauricio Villota.

you must have done something very wrong..

for me, only sound previews don't work, everything else is OK!!