StreakDroid 1.4.6 Annoncement

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest nanostreak

MoFo indeed ( B) )!

I cannot hear my ringtones or alarm tones when I select them. However, when the actual alarm goes off there is sound.

Last.FM does not produce any sound output, no matter whether I use headphones or speaker, WiFi or 3G (so it's not a site-blocking issue). The application seems to play.

The stock music player works just fine and so does Pandora. Last.FM has much better house and club music... not that I depend on it... except I guess I do...

Overall amazing work. Can't believe what that little bit of overclocking is doing. Really amazing.

My third donation will be on the way shortly (first I'm wrestling with Last.FM).

Many thanks!

Guest Jason Burns
Hi,

Does any one here use the A/V dock as a charging station at night? I do. My alarm and ring does not work when i am docked to A/V dock. I have observed this since 1.4.

Before 1.4, when I connected to the AV dock, I used to get a notification asking me whether i wanted to redirect my device speaker to the AV speaker. Now (1.4.5) I see no such message.

Is there anyway to turn on the ringer and alarm (or otherwise force the device to use its speaker) when connected to AV dock?

Thanks,

Madhav

I have the same issue, but I think mine started at 1.2 or 1.3. If you open the clock app press menu button and go to dock settings, you'll see an option to make it prompt you for audio. I still have no luck with it.

Guest kwenteen

Hello !

Very nice version, amazing work stephen !

I'm having the bugs as described in this thread, and more particularly, I can't install any apps, it keeps telling me that I'm out of place...

I did multiple clean of the data, and resets, but it keeps telling me this error...

I am using an innersd of 32 GB instead of the usual 2GB... and I have 3 partitions on it, the 2 that were used for /data and /cache under 2.1, they are on an extended partitions, and the rest which is Ext3, and that I would like to mount on /mnt/sdcard/intsd so it would be user accessible....

I used the howto from stephen davidson, but it doesn't seems to work...

do you think my internal card configuration is compatible with the 1.4.5 version ?

thank you in advance for your help !

K.

Guest Stephen Hyde
Hello !

I'm having the bugs as described in this thread, and more particularly, I can't install any apps, it keeps telling me that I'm out of place...

I did multiple clean of the data, and resets, but it keeps telling me this error...

I am using an innersd of 32 GB instead of the usual 2GB... and I have 3 partitions on it, the 2 that were used for /data and /cache under 2.1, they are on an extended partitions, and the rest which is Ext3, and that I would like to mount on /mnt/sdcard/intsd so it would be user accessible....

do you think my internal card configuration is compatible with the 1.4.5 version ?

K.

your inner sd WILL of been wiped. the way dell does factory reset is using a program called fdiskcmd in /system/bin that partitions and mounts the innersd - this assumes that you have the default 2gb card and partitions it accordingly. theirfore you have a data partition of over 2gb in size so android cant install anything - i cant remove the fdiskcmd req without blocking factory reset ability again.

Guest mdmglobal
Hi,

Does any one here use the A/V dock as a charging station at night? I do. My alarm and ring does not work when i am docked to A/V dock. I have observed this since 1.4.

Before 1.4, when I connected to the AV dock, I used to get a notification asking me whether i wanted to redirect my device speaker to the AV speaker. Now (1.4.5) I see no such message.

Is there anyway to turn on the ringer and alarm (or otherwise force the device to use its speaker) when connected to AV dock?

Thanks,

Madhav

I do the same thing. I have not noticed the sounds as I have been dead to the world lately. Will go home this evening and check and post back. I can confirm I have not gotten the notification since the upgrade to 1.4.*

Guest kwenteen
your inner sd WILL of been wiped. the way dell does factory reset is using a program called fdiskcmd in /system/bin that partitions and mounts the innersd - this assumes that you have the default 2gb card and partitions it accordingly. theirfore you have a data partition of over 2gb in size so android cant install anything - i cant remove the fdiskcmd req without blocking factory reset ability again.

So you advice me to return to 1.4.2 ? in this release your init.rc would be like :

#exec /system/bin/fdiskcmd

mount ext3 /dev/block/innersd0p6 /data

mount ext3 /dev/block/innersd0p5 /cache

Or maybe if I modified the boot.img, to change the init.rc, it would be fine too ?

why is there a piece, concerning emmc, where the internal SD doesn't have the same name as innersd0p6 ?

devwait /dev/block/mmcblk0p12

mount ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 /system ro

devwait /dev/block/mmcblk0p13

exec /system/bin/e2fsck -p /dev/block/mmcblk0p13

mount ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 /data nosuid nodev

mount ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p14 /persist nosuid nodev

I'm sorry if my questions are stupid, but I'm still ill at ease with android... B)

Guest Stephen Hyde

the onemmc part just ignore its a relic of long gone android days B)

you can change the init.rc as you have above but that will break factory reset so be warned

Guest kwenteen
the onemmc part just ignore its a relic of long gone android days B)

you can change the init.rc as you have above but that will break factory reset so be warned

And to make the changes persistant in the init.rc, I guess I have to extract the boot.img, modify the init.rc, and re-zip the boot.img, and pushing it back in the streak ?

Isn't there any easier way ?

If not, I will try it !

thanks again !

Guest madd_dog

I noticed in this version (1.4.5), the signal displays a "H" instead of "3G". Not that it matters much, but does anyone know how to change it back to "3G".

Does anyone know how to change this back to "3G".

ATT - US / 2.2 (thanks to steve, - 1.4.5)

Guest Stephen Hyde
I noticed in this version (1.4.5), the signal displays a "H" instead of "3G". Not that it matters much, but does anyone know how to change it back to "3G".

Does anyone know how to change this back to "3G".

ATT - US / 2.2 (thanks to steve, - 1.4.5)

h is better than 3g lol B)

but theirs a ro.build.hspa_icon =1 line in build prop, set t 0 to disable

Guest Stephen Hyde
And to make the changes persistant in the init.rc, I guess I have to extract the boot.img, modify the init.rc, and re-zip the boot.img, and pushing it back in the streak ?

Isn't there any easier way ?

If not, I will try it !

thanks again !

nope no easier way -

Guest adzman808
Hello !

K.

Hi,

may i ask you if you've effectively created a streak with 32gb of internal storage + (presumably 32 SD externel = 64Gb total?)

does this work ok (apart from when you flash?)

was this easy...?

Thanks

Guest madd_dog
h is better than 3g lol B)

but theirs a ro.build.hspa_icon =1 line in build prop, set t 0 to disable

Ah... There is no setting - ro.build.hspa_icon in system/build.prop file...

Were you saying that I should add one?

EDIT: Found it:

ro.build.FEATURE_HSPA_DATA_ICON=0

Edited by madd_dog

Ah... There is no setting - ro.build.hspa_icon in system/build.prop file...

Were you saying that I should add one?

EDIT: Found it:

ro.build.FEATURE_HSPA_DATA_ICON=0

Why does it matter? Whatever you set it to the phone still connects at either G, 3G or H, but as it is now you know if you are getting H or not, which you didnt before.

Guest madd_dog
Why does it matter? Whatever you set it to the phone still connects at either G, 3G or H, but as it is now you know if you are getting H or not, which you didnt before.

Agreed...

Guest nanostreak
Last.FM does not produce any sound output, no matter whether I use headphones or speaker, WiFi or 3G (so it's not a site-blocking issue). The application seems to play.

The stock music player works just fine and so does Pandora. Last.FM has much better house and club music... not that I depend on it... except I guess I do...

It seems something came with the Froyo update that prevents it from working as seen on other devices and ROMs: http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g...inks-froyo.html

Guest nanostreak
It seems something came with the Froyo update that prevents it from working as seen on other devices and ROMs: http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g...inks-froyo.html

http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-r...royo-2-2-a.html :

"For those like me who cannot live without this app, but really want Froyo, you can fix the issue by going to here: Index of /android and download 1.65 patched. It's verified working on Froyo. (unpatched might work as patched just allows people outside the U.S. to listen, but I just figured more is better"

Download link here: http://db.tt/vw8Bqi5

Maybe the "country issue" is that this was assembled in the UK?

Unfortunately, 1.7 last.fm downloaded from above is still not working on my phone (1.4.5 Stephen Hyde).

Edited by nanostreak

K.

How did u change the inner sd card ?

Edit found the thread on it.

Edited by Gopu

Guest brian82

Just flashed 1.4.5 over 1.4.2 everything seems to be working but the bt headset is still too quiet even at max volume. It is not the headset since I just tested it on a SonyEriccson phone and it is pretty loud on that one...

Is there any other hidden setting I can try?

Guest Hells_Child

no problems updating to 1.4.5 with the market place for me but i cant get the dell social stage widget to work. Just stuck in on the facebook logon option and doesnt display the current staus updates. Im logged in when i click on the facebook app, just seems them widget doesnt work.

anyone else has this issue?

Thanks

Guest User Error

aside from the few fc's i've got everything else seems to be running smooth. got it overclocked again and so far so good, suspect it was the underclock what made it reboot/freeze.