StreakDroid 1.4.6 Annoncement

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest kwenteen
Hi,

may i ask you if you've effectively created a streak with 32gb of internal storage + (presumably 32 SD externel = 64Gb total?)

does this work ok (apart from when you flash?)

was this easy...?

Thanks

It's not that hard, with a good tuto, but It's not working right now with 1.4.5... maybe tomorrow !

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/311...-input/page/80/

but of course it requires that you open your dell streak !

it will only break the factory reset, from what I heard from stephen, and to flash another boot.img, That I have to do now... B)

and yes, the result is 62 Gb of user space usable !

Guest adzman808
It's not that hard, with a good tuto, but It's not working right now with 1.4.5... maybe tomorrow !

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/311...-input/page/80/

but of course it requires that you open your dell streak !

it will only break the factory reset, from what I heard from stephen, and to flash another boot.img, That I have to do now... B)

and yes, the result is 62 Gb of user space usable !

thanks very much - i'd seen this thread a while back, but it looked a little inconclusive...

with my droid skill levels (nil) i think tbh i'll find opening the streak up is the easy bit!! (not saying that's easy, but its looks ok from the teardown how to site & *ahem* i'm ok with mechanical stuff)

will prob need to buy the correct torqx bit tho !!!

Guest adzman808

can i ask you all some questions about this release?

are the following bugs from prev builds resolved in this build?

- rotation frozen after you tube app usage

- no external media sound (workaround is too connect/disconnect headphones)

- green line in videos/you tube app

- "this file is audio only" on some videos

- USB AND wireless tethering available

Thanks in advance if anyone can answer the above

Edited by adzman808

Guest vinokirk

These still remain. Does anyone know what could be cuasing this. I am only getting it on converted 720p .mkv files. Is there something I could be looking at? Its pretty important to me to get it working. I use my Streak mainly for watching converted 720p .mkv files.

Has the movie player been changed from the 1.1.1 version?

Guest ShriekBob

Just as an update.

The only error I am getting is the FC when you press exit on the browser.

Thats it, in its entirety, thats all the errors. This is joyous. I actually feel like my phone is running the way it should be.

Guest nochancenine

With 1.4.2 the max CPU was 1.19 Ghz, but with 1.4.5 I have a max of 1.15 Ghz. I didn't see that in the notes so just wondering if that was by design. This ROM is amazing!

Guest Neugene
Hi,

Does any one here use the A/V dock as a charging station at night? I do. My alarm and ring does not work when i am docked to A/V dock. I have observed this since 1.4.

Before 1.4, when I connected to the AV dock, I used to get a notification asking me whether i wanted to redirect my device speaker to the AV speaker. Now (1.4.5) I see no such message.

Is there anyway to turn on the ringer and alarm (or otherwise force the device to use its speaker) when connected to AV dock?

Thanks,

Madhav

Selecting the "prompt me each time" option in the dock settings works for me. However, if I receive a call while the phone is docked I have to hang up and make another call to get the speakers working again.

Edited by Neugene

With 1.4.2 the max CPU was 1.19 Ghz, but with 1.4.5 I have a max of 1.15 Ghz. I didn't see that in the notes so just wondering if that was by design. This ROM is amazing!

Yea I noticed that too... just before I uninstalled setcpu due to all the rebooting....

Guest aweAAsome

let not fool our-self and no dis-respecting to Steve hard work but v1.0 is still the best for performance wise, even though latest version give higher benchmark, its in fact run lower FPS, slower and less smoother in game play and power application. I have tested all versions and V1.0 and V1.3 are still the best.

Edited by aweAAsome

Guest adzman808

- rotation frozen after you tube app usage

- no external media sound (workaround is too connect/disconnect headphones)

- USB AND wireless tethering available

Thanks in advance if anyone can answer the above

ok in the spirit of sucking it & seeing...

youtube - no green line & no stuck rotation

media sound sounds great audibly more audable !!

"this file is audio only" REMAINS (tested on 720p vid i shot yesterday) oh well...

wifi tethering = looks fine, haven't tested but can see phone in wifi networks on pc

usb - tethering NOT WORKING, but will try a reboot

market works fine....

new car app thingamy seems sweet... look forward to testing it.. does it pevent screen lock?

no sound preview, but this is a known issue & hardly a biggie (can still select desired sound) long press on music file still allows selection as ring tone..

radio seems to have disapeared???? added it back from apk in v1.1.1, seems to work ok (prob last time i use it)

ok rebooting now to test usb tethering...

nope doesn't seem to work... although have yet to reboot pc

any fix for this? is it a baseband issue?

thanks steve, looking great & i haven't even bugged you on pm about overclock i mean tried overclock for myself yet B)

i do have to ask if there's a fix for the usb tethering though, anyone?

Guest Green750one
Yea I noticed that too... just before I uninstalled setcpu due to all the rebooting....

And what a difference it makes. Quadrant scores are way down - almost as slow as nexus one on 2.2!

Guest adzman808
ok in the spirit of sucking it & seeing...

youtube - no green line & no stuck rotation

media sound sounds great audibly more audable !!

"this file is audio only" REMAINS (tested on 720p vid i shot yesterday) oh well...

wifi tethering = looks fine, haven't tested but can see phone in wifi networks on pc

usb - tethering NOT WORKING, but will try a reboot

market works fine....

new car app thingamy seems sweet... look forward to testing it.. does it pevent screen lock?

no sound preview, but this is a known issue & hardly a biggie (can still select desired sound) long press on music file still allows selection as ring tone..

radio seems to have disapeared???? added it back from apk in v1.1.1, seems to work ok (prob last time i use it)

ok rebooting now to test usb tethering...

nope doesn't seem to work... although have yet to reboot pc

any fix for this? is it a baseband issue?

thanks steve, looking great & i haven't even bugged you on pm about overclock i mean tried overclock for myself yet B)

i do have to ask if there's a fix for the usb tethering though, anyone?

gprs data performance seems poor compared compared with prev build....

usb tethering not happening

wifi tethering works, but its slow...

vplayer only seems to work with avi (have migrated to rock player instead)

Edited by adzman808

Guest Jay Slasher
Just reflash 1.4.5 without factory reset... worked for me

Just tried this, didn't make a difference. FC on marketplace after downloading first app, All other issues continue to persist.

Guest dairymasta

I haven't updated since 1.2.0, because the features don't seem to be anything ground breaking or that I'd use (e.g. I have no idea about overclocking, so wouldn't wanna break my phone...)

Is it worth updating to this 1.4.5 now? Or still unstable, because there seems to be issues I don't want to run into B)