StreakDroid 1.4.6 Annoncement

Guest Stephen Hyde

just downloaded and installed and i have to say i am def not happy going back to the 2.2 untouched the min it started up an loaded it did a FC once i launch the gmail app and then fc in the store and then wifi would drop so i am back to 2.2 untouched

ok in the spirit of sucking it & seeing...

youtube - no green line & no stuck rotation

media sound sounds great audibly more audable !!

"this file is audio only" REMAINS (tested on 720p vid i shot yesterday) oh well...

wifi tethering = looks fine, haven't tested but can see phone in wifi networks on pc

usb - tethering NOT WORKING, but will try a reboot

market works fine....

new car app thingamy seems sweet... look forward to testing it.. does it pevent screen lock?

no sound preview, but this is a known issue & hardly a biggie (can still select desired sound) long press on music file still allows selection as ring tone..

radio seems to have disapeared???? added it back from apk in v1.1.1, seems to work ok (prob last time i use it)

ok rebooting now to test usb tethering...

nope doesn't seem to work... although have yet to reboot pc

any fix for this? is it a baseband issue?

thanks steve, looking great & i haven't even bugged you on pm about overclock i mean tried overclock for myself yet B)

i do have to ask if there's a fix for the usb tethering though, anyone?

In my case:

No wired tether.

No sound preview when selecting ring tones and notification tones. Its an anoyance. Where are the sound files in the file system where I can select them?

unable to to select audio output while docked. This is a problem for me since I use the phone as my alarm and I dock it overnight.

I now get the H and G3, I saw some people complaining about that previously.

No Market issues.

Youtube is good.

Yes I noticed the radio is gone too, i like it very much so I bought it from the market.

Built in video player does not work. I am using rockplayer. Excelent but doesnt play to HDMI.

Guest RyanPhoner

I've been seeing lockups when receiving text or phone calls when the screen is off. Used setupCPU and tried overlook widget also setting clock from 128 to 111000. Just in-installed all under over clocking programs to see if it stops. So far so good but need more time to validate. wondering if having the min speed at 128 is the culprit or something with the overclocking apps while phone is sleeping or somethin else altogether

I cleaned the market cache and date. Rebooted. Still FC on download.

I also reinstalled 1.4.5.

What does the doc recommend? A factory reset?

Thanks.

Edited by NoDoze

Guest vinokirk
I cleaned the market cache and date. Rebooted. Still FC on download.

I also reinstalled 1.4.5.

What does the doc recommend? A factory reset?

Thanks.

I dont know if you've seen these posts:

Post #149

ok folks, fix for market is simpleish at moment, grab the Vending.apk from 1.2.0 and copy it to /system/app overwriting the current file then reboot.

file for those of you who want it : http://downloads.streakdroid.com/Vending.apk

Post #168

FIX!!!!

for hidden market icon syndrome.

use ROOT EXPLORER go to vending.apk click and hold

click permissions

read on all (user group others)

and write ONLY on User

the others no check mark

click ok

reboot

and make sure the icon is there.

UPDATE: works for me B) Just need to get rid of that green line when playing converted .mkv files now. Is there any progress on that anyone? Is there anything I can do? IE copying over some .apk's or libs?

Edited by vinokirk

Guest cowballz

no tbat market is fixed things are moving along very nicely, thanks steve , I did donate when you came out with your first rom, prob gunna do another , thanks for everything

Guest terewong
I dont know if you've seen these posts:

Post #149

ok folks, fix for market is simpleish at moment, grab the Vending.apk from 1.2.0 and copy it to /system/app overwriting the current file then reboot.

file for those of you who want it : http://downloads.streakdroid.com/Vending.apk

Post #168

FIX!!!!

for hidden market icon syndrome.

use ROOT EXPLORER go to vending.apk click and hold

click permissions

read on all (user group others)

and write ONLY on User

the others no check mark

click ok

reboot

and make sure the icon is there.

UPDATE: works for me B) Just need to get rid of that green line when playing converted .mkv files now. Is there any progress on that anyone? Is there anything I can do? IE copying over some .apk's or libs?

:) VERY GOOD post #149 + post #168 fix the Market FC problem :)

cleared Market Data befor update. works all fine.

thx steve

one question. if my streak is not on charge, when its gone dark, it switch from wifi to 3G, if i unlock screen i see it connect to wifi.

how could i made that if my home wifi is available its only uses it and not the 3g or other networks.??

Guest epuarlana

stupid question: I can't get the "vanilla-restore"-sh to work. if I execute it via root explorer, it says *.sh executed, but the *.apk-files are still there.. lol

do I need another app?

stupid question: I can't get the "vanilla-restore"-sh to work. if I execute it via root explorer, it says *.sh executed, but the *.apk-files are still there.. lol

do I need another app?

i think you have to run it from terminal emulator with su rights....

Guest adzman808
adzman808 at the risk of sounding like an idiot, what is the name of the apk that you brought in from 1.1.1 to restore the radio. I have looked but can't find it.

Thanks

Hiya buddy,

No worries - rename the attached ZIP to .apk & that should work for you

HTH?

radiotime.ZIP

Guest adzman808
In my case:

No wired tether.

No sound preview when selecting ring tones and notification tones. Its an anoyance. Where are the sound files in the file system where I can select them?

unable to to select audio output while docked. This is a problem for me since I use the phone as my alarm and I dock it overnight.

I now get the H and G3, I saw some people complaining about that previously.

No Market issues.

Youtube is good.

Yes I noticed the radio is gone too, i like it very much so I bought it from the market.

Built in video player does not work. I am using rockplayer. Excelent but doesnt play to HDMI.

cheers

i ended up trying steve's "market fix" to resolve the browser FC (i didn't have a market problem) & ended up with no working browser at all

the wired tethered is almost a show stopper

but the terrible gprs speeds forced me back to v1.1.1 (particularly when i realised that i'd have to re-flash anyway to fix my self induced browser problem)

once i was back on v1.1.1 i developed the market issue (oh the irony) & the browser was still a lil' fuct up

a factory reset seemed to fix it...

but my battery life seems terrible now (despite basically being on the rom i've used for a month)

a very late & frustrating night... my g/f's pist i spent all night "on that phone" I spent hours basically trying to have the system back that i had already & i failed cos something's up with the battery life

& all because i wanted no green line in youtube (an app i've used like 5 times in a month) & a working front camera

Although i've received some much needed experience with flashing, i really have wasted my time

moral to my story?

leave it be

put up with small bugs

I'M NOT CRITICISING STEVE'S ROM - it's just a question of personal priorities, for me decent gprs speed & usb tether beats no green line & an extra camera everytime! (& i can't yet get both)

Thanks all

Adam

[the official rom is the only one that everythign works, shame about the overall speed & browser redirects.. which make it unusable]

Guest vinokirk
a very late & frustrating night... my g/f's pist i spent all night "on that phone"

LOL B)

I wonder how many blokes gf's/wife's are pist because their men love playing around with phones!

Three rants I get from my missis:

-You're on those bloody forums again.

-You're always messing round with your bloody phones.

-You're always on your Xbox when I get back home from work.

Guest adzman808
LOL B)

I wonder how many blokes gf's/wife's are pist because their men love playing around with phones!

Three rants I get from my missis:

LOL

she was talking to me again by this morning...

why do women have this crazy "leave it alone" concept with technology, bizzare...

i'm not a gamer, so she's spared that...

but being into motorbikes takes up time, so i get busted for that a lot too !!

Guest pompeyboyz

1. Check

2. Check

3. Check

LOL B)

LOL

she was talking to me again by this morning...

why do women have this crazy "leave it alone" concept with technology, bizzare...

leave 'em be...

if she didn't have that to complain about just think of all the other things she could find to pick faults with..

diversionary tactics... works a treat B)

Guest gillebob
LOL

but being into motorbikes takes up time, so i get busted for that a lot too !!

1. Check

2. Check

3. Check

LOL B)

Check, check, check, check & check again....

leave 'em be...

if she didn't have that to complain about just think of all the other things she could find to pick faults with..

diversionary tactics... works a treat B)

And they only ever start really complaining AFTER all the soaps have finished!

Guest adzman808
Ill have an update out today or tomoz to fix usb tether B) ive got no issues with gprs here

you're determined to split me up with my missus aren't you? :)

Cheers

maybe i was a bit quick to be crtitical of gprs

(are you on o2 btw?)

it's (gprs) just SO fast & robust on your v1.1.1, but on the 1.4.5 (& official 2.2) it was painfully slow, like being on dial up (despite actually being on HSPDA)

i did try & re enter all the APN data, but it didn't resolve & when i flashed back to v1.1.1 i gap analysed (whoo check me out) the gprs settings & they were identicle....

not sure if this is all in my mind... but i have noticed the streak seems happiest after a day or so of normal usage straight after a flash, like it takes itself a while to learn itself...

cheers as ever

oh were you planning to fix the browser FCs as well?

Guest the_didge

Steve, i am noticing a massive decrease in data speed, both over wifi and over 3g. wifi seems to be an actual reception issue as the phone cant see as many networks as 1.1.1.

The speed issues only appeared after flashing the amss. is there anyway the old and new could be combined as slow speeds are killing me B)

Guest adzman808
Steve, i am noticing a massive decrease in data speed, both over wifi and over 3g. wifi seems to be an actual reception issue as the phone cant see as many networks as 1.1.1.

The speed issues only appeared after flashing the amss. is there anyway the old and new could be combined as slow speeds are killing me ;)

its not just me then?

*phew*

i kinda feel better

this is why i love 1.1.1 - its so fast & robust

& 1.1.1 issues are minor

no wifi tether - hello free barnical B)

no front camera - "meh" (but be nice to have)

no 720p - fixed already :)

green line in vids - not the end of the world (& doesn't happen in rock player/vplayer or vids shot by the local camera)

"this file is audio only" - well clearly it f-ing isn't, you just played the vid ok :)

look forwrad to further jeapodising my relationship over the wknd !!!!