StreakDroid 1.4.6 Annoncement

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest slarty01

Hi I've tried the recovery.img recovery.alt.img and recovery-clockworkmod.img and other files is the something else that needs to happen first? I'm really getting desparate here I have a version that sucks and I just can not move on

I had the same issue. I eventually got the clockwork alterative download, linked somewhere on here.

Guest nanostreak
Hi Nanostreak and Pelfred

I have gone from o2 1.6 to 02 4399 then fast booted and flashed all files to get me to the new EU 309 11548 pkg which I am now on. I want to get to 1.4.6 to get some decent comms lwifi and gprs and 3 g but the issue is I can not get fastboot to load a recovery.img file to get clockmod to work.

Every time I fastboot I get the .mg OKAY anddo a fastboot -i x4xxx reboot then it reboots I do a factory reset or leave it and I get to boot options option 2 then I press thecamera button the screen goes black I wait .. then eventually the same upgrade pkg blue menu reappear saying you will lose all your data upgrading the upg file etc baseband version GAUSB1A13900 or which ever I'm not rebooting the phone to find out as I want to try flashing it again in a second I've gone through the pdf on xda developers and I'm seeing what I should with regards to fastboot but just no clock mod if I could see that I could move on

This could be what you are doing wrong: when it says done you pull he battery (no command line reboot) and restart immediately with the volume buttons pressed, then select two, then you will have clockwork. Try the file I posted for that above. The only one that worked for me.

Guest slarty01

Holde the phone .. got it ... I'll write it down

Hi I've tried the recovery.img recovery.alt.img and recovery-clockworkmod.img and other files is the something else that needs to happen first? I'm really getting desparate here I have a version that sucks and I just can not move on

Guest slarty01

Ok stock 2.2 o2 from dell use fastboot.exe to get recovery image to phone then as soon as it reboots press vol up and down and power then it appears, I stupidly have just been letting it boot all the way through and I can only think its been rewriting the bootloader. does this sound correct? please excuse the frustrations and ignorance

just confirmed now on 1.4.6.... silly mistake I just didn't know that when you are rebooting you need to immediately press those keys ... hmm patience

Question can I do a restore from Dells app now or will it interfere with Steve's image?

Holde the phone .. got it ... I'll write it down

Edited by slarty01

Guest nanostreak
Ok stock 2.2 o2 from dell use fastboot.exe to get recovery image to phone then as soon as it reboots press vol up and down and power then it appears, I stupidly have just been letting it boot all the way through and I can only think its been rewriting the bootloader. does this sound correct? please excuse the frustrations and ignorance

just confirmed now on 1.4.6.... silly mistake I just didn't know that when you are rebooting you need to immediately press those keys ... hmm patience

Question can I do a restore from Dells app now or will it interfere with Steve's image?

Very happy for you!!!! Congrats! !!!

Fyi: I could only get fastboot to work one of my 4 ubuntu mavericks ... I spend *days* trying to figure it out. Even put hated XP on two in virtualbox but no dice...

Guest passie42
Flash mass boot.img? ?

OK, I recoverd to boot.img but after the reboot command my streak looked dead.

I removed and placed the battery and only the lights go on.

the booting with volume or camera buttons also not work so I am not able to go into fastboot.

Any suggestions?

Guest slarty01

Thank you it just gets me it was something so simple and I have 3 g and wifi working to fullest range and speed now fantastic also camera and market!!!

I wonder if I do a restore from dells restore app if it will kill the device again..

Very happy for you!!!! Congrats! !!!

Fyi: I could only get fastboot to work one of my 4 ubuntu mavericks ... I spend *days* trying to figure it out. Even put hated XP on two in virtualbox but no dice...

Guest nanostreak
Thank you it just gets me it was something so simple and I have 3 g and wifi working to fullest range and speed now fantastic also camera and market!!!

I wonder if I do a restore from dells restore app if it will kill the device again..

If you're on wifi it may be safer and pretty fast to just go to your personal downloads section in the market or use appbrain.

there were so many reported problems with dell restore and FC that I avoided it.

Guest LorD CLockaN

Itried several themes for adw, and now i changed back to default adw and I lost my stock steven's blue wallpaper with clouds...

How can I get it back??

It doesn't show up anywhere

Guest slarty01

Thank you I will avoid also :P

If you're on wifi it may be safer and pretty fast to just go to your personal downloads section in the market or use appbrain.

there were so many reported problems with dell restore and FC that I avoided it.

Guest Brunswick

Just want to make sure I can flash directly to 1.4.6 from this:

Baseband version GAUSB1A130500-US

Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-perf

OEM Version GAUSB1A130500

Build Version 10688

Im more than a bit paranoid about attempting anything new after 3 days without a phone and stuck on Dell logo. Thanks again Steve for that help.

fards: "If you're already on stock 2.2 all that is needed is to flash clockwork recovery and run the update.zip

should be no need to factory reset "

Hoping its just that easy.

Think I'm going to need the special fixing tool used on me

Sequence of events

Boot into fastboot

flash amss

flash dsp1 (mis spelled dsp missed 1 off)

fastboot reboot (didnt realise until after)

reboot to dell logo

stuck

waited 1 hr, nothing

pulled battery

reinserted battery

straight back to dell logo

tried numerous times to get into fast boot

I have a question for DJSteve....

My icons on my notification bar are greyscale. Like the wifi, H, 3G, reception bars, ect.

But when I look in the /framework/res/drawable-hdpi folder the icons are in color...?

How do I get these color ones to load...???

Thanks.

Any answer DJ...?

Thanks.

Sorry dude, not sure where that link is supposed to take me? Just takes me to the modaco home page!

Dunno why the shorterner killed the link, if this doesn't work try post number 429. In this very forum thread

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1491912

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=323954&view=findpost&p=1491912

Edited by fards

Guest dairymasta
Dunno why the shorterner killed the link, if this doesn't work try post number 429. In this very forum thread

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1491912

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=323954&view=findpost&p=1491912

Oh wow I'm so sorry, I didn't see that post at all! No idea how I missed it :P

Thanks a lot!

Guest Amdathlonuk
same problem here, but I try menu->video quality and set it to CUSTOM.

goto your video size, 720p is enable now. just select it.

it works great for me...

It worked for me also, how odd.

However, thansk for the tip!

Sorry Steve! :P

Guest neil tring

dsp1.mbn doesnt seem to be able to download

Well it looked like it did. Flashed amss and dsp1.mbn. rebooted and stuck on Dell logo. Been like it longer than most versions. Will give it another 5mins before i go and drop a brick :P

Edited by neil tring