Stock 2.2 Performance

Guest Stephen Davidson

Guest Stephen Davidson
the faster card will certainly be helping, problem is android has an annoying bug where it cant use a data partiton bigger than 2gb,

Android can handle larger partitions, just not for the data partition. I made a simple mod to your init.rc to mount a new ~14GB ext2 partition and it works well. Just have to use android commander or adb to transfer files back and forth.

Guest Stephen Hyde
Android can handle larger partitions, just not for the data partition. I made a simple mod to your init.rc to mount a new ~14GB ext2 partition and it works well. Just have to use android commander or adb to transfer files back and forth.

yep and it breaks factory reset also

Guest noeyesee1
cheers.

testing on steves 145 (with some more of my tweaks) in quadrant 3 runs each change

disabling traces gives small amount of difference, an extra 50-70 points

vm 32 drops it back 50-80 points

lcd density is the real change 200 gives over 250 points difference, av 5fps extra in the corridor test

best score I've got is 2210

would you mind posting your build.prop please, thanks

since I follow the instructions and I could not even get pass 1800.

:P

I had the smoku patch on top of stock 315..pkg

Another things is, why is the max freq I can get from setCPU is 115 and not 119? something wrong?

Edited by noeyesee1

Guest Elusivo
I didn't understand a word of that :P

But then the density settings make no sense to me either.

lol i would think of it as imagining the screen as a table or grid and the density number being the size of each cell, so, bigger the density number, bigger the cell size and fewer the cells the table can have, and for example imagining each icon uses one cell we would get much less icons on screen with a bigger density...

Guest BigBlue007

Well, that sounds reasonable. However, it would still make no sense to name this value "density", because if it would really be a "density" value, the effect by increasing that value would be exactly vice versa than it actually is.