Vega accessories

Guest removed-14

Guest swarrans
got case from ebay and was delivered today. Really pleased with it. Have uploaded a few pics. was only £8.65 including delivery from china!. Only downside was had to wait 2 weeks for delivery!! have a look on ebay see here

That looks good - does it work well as a stand as that is the main feature i want - I want the screen to be at the correct angle when the device is on my knees when I'm sitting on the sofa?

Guest Fentonb
got case from ebay and was delivered today. Really pleased with it. Have uploaded a few pics. was only £8.65 including delivery from china!. Only downside was had to wait 2 weeks for delivery!!

Well spotted Wimsloboy. If anyone is interested this is actually the Vivitar Ipad Stand. I picked this up from TKMaxx store earlier this week for £4.99. There may be some left in your local store!

Full review here: http://www.nakedipad.com/reviews/review-vi...flip-stand-case

post-757152-1292493100_thumb.jpg post-757152-1292493159_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fentonb

Guest removed-14
Well spotted Wimsloboy. If anyone is interested this is actually the Vivitar Ipad Stand. I picked this up from TKMaxx store earlier this week for £4.99. There may be some left in your local store!

Does the Vega fit this though?

Guest jellywobbles

Full review here: http://www.nakedipad.com/reviews/review-vi...flip-stand-case

post-757152-1292493100_thumb.jpg post-757152-1292493159_thumb.jpg

Cant find anything from TKMaxx, but Play.com have a similar one here

Is this the same as yours?

I note that the Vega Tablet is bigger than the iPad (width 275mm v 243mm) & slightly smaller depth (175mm v 189.7mm)

Cheers

JW

Guest griff_dai
got case from ebay and was delivered today. Really pleased with it. Have uploaded a few pics. was only £8.65 including delivery from china!. Only downside was had to wait 2 weeks for delivery!! have a look on ebay see here

Just ordered one myself, thanks for the heads up on this one!

Guest redmongoose

Pcworld Reading (Rose Kiln Lane) have the vega cases in store.

Had a nice look at one today whilst I wait for mine to arrive :)

Thanks for the codes vegaaccs they do make a nice gesture for us early adopters ;)

Guest harmohn

Got my Proporta Vega Case today! :D ...damaged faux leather outer; probably in manufacturing! ;)

okay, after an 11min wait on the phone, they're collecting on Mon ...then anyone's guess on when I'll get the replacement - hopefully before the hols! :)

Edited by harmohn

Guest dukla2000
Cheers for the heads-up - got one on order now as well.

Guest truxntrax

Does the ebay case allow access to buttons and connectors?

Thanks

Guest redmongoose
They seem to be instock now...

Thanks for the heads up.

To anyone who has ordered the screen protector - how many are in the pack?

Is it only 1? For some reason I thought it was 3 but there is no mention of this on the currys website.

Edited by redmongoose

Just to tide me over, Poundland had some netbook and iPad neoprene sleeves, I got the ipad sleeve, as it seemed quite stretchy, and sure enough, it'll squeeze in reasonably well, the netbook one would be OK, just a bit too big, but it won't be as snug..

I really want a nice gel skin that just protects the back and sides, just so I can leave it around the house with that and a screen protector keeping it from light use scratches.

I'll order the dsg case for travelling with it, £20 is OK (just) for a more rigid case, but too bulky for using it around the home. I've always used gel skins (some are made from that impact resistant stuff) on my ipads/android phones, I like the lack of bulk and easy nonslip grip.

Guest wimsloboy
Does the ebay case allow access to buttons and connectors?

Thanks

you can access the top and volume buttons fairly well without too much hassle but the connector panel is partially covered with one of the retaining loops. hope this helps :)

although if you put the vega in the other way you have full access to the connector panel ;)

Edited by wimsloboy

Guest timosmusic

@vegaaccs

Hi I bought one of the currys cases and got it a few days ago.

I've fitted it to my vega and it was very good

but after having only used the case for 2 days

the strap that holds the case together when using it as a stand has broken off from its stitching. :)

I've been into my local curry's store to try to get a replacement

but they did not have any and did not suggest anything further.

I'll check the currys website for their returns process as not bought from there before.

but the workmanship on mine was obviously not up to standard!

thanks for the discount code though - that made it a price I could live with - until it broke!

Guest mutasim

Ordered the case from Currys, thanks for the discount code. Hope the stand is decent, that's what I want it for really.

What's the verdict on the screen protector?

Guest nigelpwilson
Nice find.

Does the Vega fit all the way in as the picture has the tablet poking out of the top?

How long did they take to deliver?

Thanks

It fits all the way in, nice and tight too....came in 48 hours so well happy !!