Vega accessories

Guest removed-14

I just wanted a cheap cover/sleeve type thing....ordered this and it fits a treat

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-2-ANDROID-TABLET-...#ht_5347wt_1272

That look suspiciously like the netbook sleeves in poundland, for, er, £1.. Although perhaps that fits better, the poundland land one is about .5. Inch too long/wide, but fits well enough for a quick fix.

Guest hankhill23

I ordered the Currys Proporta case and am awaiting it along with my Vega, but I looked at one in a branch yesterday and I have to say the quality looks pretty poor, especially for the £30 I paid. I was also very miffed to find out about the £10 voucher code for the case, just after I'd ordered it along with the Vega (which I did use the code for). Can anyone confirm if this can be returned to the store if bought online?

I ordered the Currys Proporta case and am awaiting it along with my Vega, but I looked at one in a branch yesterday and I have to say the quality looks pretty poor, especially for the £30 I paid. I was also very miffed to find out about the £10 voucher code for the case, just after I'd ordered it along with the Vega (which I did use the code for). Can anyone confirm if this can be returned to the store if bought online?

Distance selling regulations will apply. If you are not happy take it back to your local store.

That look suspiciously like the netbook sleeves in poundland, for, er, £1.. Although perhaps that fits better, the poundland land one is about .5. Inch too long/wide, but fits well enough for a quick fix.

These are in poundland they have the netbook and the ipad ones. Bought 2 yesterday.

Guest jellywobbles

Got mine yesterday - you are correct - very poor quality! Its hard to believe that this is DSG's best offering for such an awsome tablet!

My Tuff-Luv case for my Kindle 3 is outstanding - superb quality - well made - life time guarantee & costs much the same, so what gives?

Cheers

EDIT: Feeling a tad happier about the case now - see my post below!

Edited by jellywobbles

Guest jellywobbles
Got mine today and it took a while for me to use the black nylon strap to prevent the flap from opening to far using it as a stand! Once figured out works OK. Not the best case in the world but cheap enough for now.

Doh! I was racking my very old & weary brain about that strap - just couldnt work it out!

Nice one mate - just made the case truly functional for me now!

Merry Xmas :)

Guest vegaaccs
Doh! I was racking my very old & weary brain about that strap - just couldnt work it out!

Nice one mate - just made the case truly functional for me now!

Merry Xmas :)

Hi guys, seems like some mixed feedback about the cases. I will take it up with Proporta as it is a licensed product and should therefore have stringent quality assurance. With regards to a more premium case, it is well within our abilities to produce a Tuff-Luv style leather case like our Sandstrom iPad case (pictured). It's a really good leather cases with suede lining, 3 stand modes etc.

l_07706837_003.jpg

The problem is that the minimum we can buy of a case would be 1000. With the iPad, people can buy them from a number of outlets and has a massive distribution so it is easier to sell. The Advent Vega is only sold by us, so we have to be cautious or face being left with hundreds of expensive leather cases (we're talking £40 cases). We are more than happy to talk to Tuff-luv to work on a case, but I imagine they would not want to sell us less than 1000 themselves and their prices are high from experience.

With the Proporta cases, the reason they are at £29.99 is that we could not commit to large quantities so didn't get a great bulk discount. We are taking a large hit on margins with the code, but we made a decision to really support the community. If the Vega really takes off, we will definitely improve our accessory offering. For now, it would just mean filling our warehouse with expensive, slow selling cases at the busiest time of year. Give me a shout if you'd like to know more aobut the process, I'm happy to talk about how these decisions are made.

Guest removed-14
Thanks for the detailed info vegaaccs, it's refreshing to have such transparent information from the inside.

+1

More info on the dock would be appreciated though :) (Dates, prices, specs etc...)

Guest jellywobbles
................If the Vega really takes off, we will definitely improve our accessory offering. ..................

Takes off? I had assumed that with the "in stock / out of stock" scenario we have all been experiencing, you had sold bucket loads!

Whilst I dont expect you to divulge commercial sensitive data, how successful has the Vega been for DSG so far?

FWIW - I think (like many others here) that its brilliant & a bargain at the price - particularly with the Modaco mods!

Cheers

jw

Thanks for the detailed info vegaaccs, it's refreshing to have such transparent information from the inside.

I agree but it’s just a shame that the people on the other end of the phone at DSG are not as good. Maybe vegaaccs could give them a few lessons in customer service.

Guest vegaaccs
+1

More info on the dock would be appreciated though :) (Dates, prices, specs etc...)

I have no more info at the moment. I have expressed the forums interest in a simple dongle ala the iPad Camera connectivity kit as well as I feel it would be more popular.

Guest vegaaccs
Takes off? I had assumed that with the "in stock / out of stock" scenario we have all been experiencing, you had sold bucket loads!

Whilst I dont expect you to divulge commercial sensitive data, how successful has the Vega been for DSG so far?

FWIW - I think (like many others here) that its brilliant & a bargain at the price - particularly with the Modaco mods!

Cheers

jw

Well, it's definitely a success in the sense that it has been well received, the hardware hasn't fallen over and they are selling well. The real test will be how it sells once it's in good supply and how the Vega can be taken to the next level. It's a new venture for DSG so we're still learning.

Guest removed-14
I have no more info at the moment. I have expressed the forums interest in a simple dongle ala the iPad Camera connectivity kit as well as I feel it would be more popular.

I think would certainly be the case, a connectivity dongle would be better received.

Guest warriorscot

Worth bearing in mind that the Advent Vega is based of a reference so while Advent makes only the Vega other companies in Europe and all over the world are making copies that are more or less identical and would be use the same cases and accessories. So a UK based supplier might not give you a good deal but an international company capable of producing and selling accessories in every nation selling a version of the Vega design would be better able to get good deals and produce superior accessories even if the Vega didn't "take-off" in the UK.

er...which is which?

The one which the protector on is on the top in picture 1 and the right in picture 2. You will see the way the Matt finish on the protector defuses the light and stops the glare.

Guest hankhill23
The one which the protector on is on the top in picture 1 and the right in picture 2. You will see the way the Matt finish on the protector defuses the light and stops the glare.

Ah, ok, thanks. The last time I put a low glare matt screen protector on a smartphone it gave videos an unpleasant speckly appearance, does this do the same?

Ah, ok, thanks. The last time I put a low glare matt screen protector on a smartphone it gave videos an unpleasant speckly appearance, does this do the same?

I have not really noticed any difference although I have not really watched anything on them to be fair because they are Christmas presents and I have to try and sort them out when the kids are in bed so I don’t get long but I know a few people have this fitted and I have not heard anyone complaining about poor viewing as a result of it.

Guest jnash123

Phew just gone through this whole thread... i bought the case using the £10 Code so hopefully getting it soon, hoping my pad tonight or tomorrow, tracking says its out for delivery but no one will be in, hopefully they will leave it with a neighbour or will retry and send tomorrow when i will be at home!