Vega accessories

Guest removed-14

Guest poolman
got case from ebay and was delivered today. Really pleased with it. Have uploaded a few pics. was only £8.65 including delivery from china!. Only downside was had to wait 2 weeks for delivery!! have a look on ebay see here

Got the same case delivered from these guys for about £6.50

Case link

Took about 2 weeks.

Have ordered a 10" screen protector as well for about £2. Got them to measure it and it should fit fine.

I think accessories for the zt-180 epad should fit the vega as it's similar size

Case link

Took about 2 weeks.

Have ordered a 10" screen protector as well for about £2. Got them to measure it and it should fit fine.

I think accessories for the zt-180 epad should fit the vega as it's similar size

Thanks ordered both

Guest shadow wave

Case link

Took about 2 weeks.

Do you have the screen protector yet?

How does it fit?

Guest swarrans
I was hoping to get a case more quickly, and not sure £30 for the official one is good value - is this the same thing?

ebay link

Cheers and happy Christmas

G

From the feedback earlier in the thread I don't think the official one works all that well as a stand (but I don't have one so can't comment from first hand experience). I have. Ordered the one someone posted earlier that looks the same as that £6.50 one but I haven't got it yet

How does it fit?

Do you have a description / ebay number for the screen protector ? I had a quick search and couldn't find any.

Thanks

Guest gdwhitehouse
From the feedback earlier in the thread I don't think the official one works all that well as a stand (but I don't have one so can't comment from first hand experience). I have. Ordered the one someone posted earlier that looks the same as that £6.50 one but I haven't got it yet

Cheers, I'll give it a go and see...

G

Guest poolman

How does it fit?

No, still on route.

The dimensions quoted (264x174mm) were just a few mm off (smaller) so it should be ok.

You will need to punch a hole for the camera though

Just to clarify, I've ordered from this place

here

not ebay, but they are just another china based supplier. Seem ok. Respond to emails and they have a twitter account as well.

Guest diveboy2

Just seen this. It's for an iPad but for £4.99 must be worth a pop?

Does anyone know if it will fit?

iPad PU Leather Folio Protective Case with Stand - Black #CLEARANCE

Guest removed-14
Just seen this. It's for an iPad but for £4.99 must be worth a pop?

Does anyone know if it will fit?

iPad PU Leather Folio Protective Case with Stand - Black #CLEARANCE

The Vega and iPad have different dimensions. I highly doubt it will fit well enough.

Guest custard80
The one which the protector on is on the top in picture 1 and the right in picture 2. You will see the way the Matt finish on the protector defuses the light and stops the glare.

I put my official screen protector on last night, bit tricky to get lined up, runs out by about 1mm over the length. Because of this it overhung the border a little and needed to be trimmed back with a craft knife to sit flat.

Needed to do it before junior gets his sticky fingers on it on christmas day!

I put my official screen protector on last night, bit tricky to get lined up, runs out by about 1mm over the length. Because of this it overhung the border a little and needed to be trimmed back with a craft knife to sit flat.

Needed to do it before junior gets his sticky fingers on it on christmas day!

I had the same problem on both and needed to cut an couple of millimetres of other wise it just woulnd sit right on the edge. All in all I know that they are very expensive for only one and you should have to cut your own hole for the camera but once this is done and fitted I m really pleased with it.

Guest custard80
I had the same problem on both and needed to cut an couple of millimetres of other wise it just woulnd sit right on the edge. All in all I know that they are very expensive for only one and you should have to cut your own hole for the camera but once this is done and fitted I m really pleased with it.

I'm pleased with it to, used the £10 voucher when i order so just took that off the cost of it!

Not cut the hole for the camera yet, what is the best way to do this? Just a scalpel and some tlc i suppose.

I'm pleased with it to, used the £10 voucher when i order so just took that off the cost of it!

Not cut the hole for the camera yet, what is the best way to do this? Just a scalpel and some tlc i suppose.

I did mine before fiting and used an small hole punch. I know that you will have to do it different since yours is fitted but for anyone else who is planning on doing it this is how I did mine.

First I laid the proctector on the screen and used a marker pen to mark where the camera is and then I got a small hole punch and took the bottom off it which normally catches the small bits. I then turned the hole punch upside down as this allows you to line up perfectly and see the mark which was made before you make he hole. You have to feed this in on an angle so you don't make 2 holes lol.

Just picked one of these up from Asda. Targus 10.2" netbook sleeve - fits it like a glove and for added protection I have put that bit of foam you get in the vega packaging in there and put the screen up against that. £9.97

Targus-10-2-Slipskin-Peel-Netbook.jpg

Guest rferrett

I use a similar netbook sleeve that does the do. It also double as half a makeshift stand with whatever is to hand, such as two rolls of gaffer tape (at work) or a big text book (at home)!

Bosh, McGuyver aint got eff all on me :)

Guest MotherSpyder

Not sure if anybody else has already mentioned this, but the screen protector now comes with the camera hole already cut-out..

If memory serves me correctly, a few other posters had alternately complained of the camera being covered (thus blurry), and of

figuring out that a hole-punch was a perfect manual solution!

Edit: ahh, just a few posts above!

Elsewhere in this forum were some pics of two Vega's, one with the protector and one without... i personally thought the one

with the protector did not look good at all, it looked like the whole screen became diffused with bright light.... but fear not,

trick of the camera! In person the difference when viewing the Vega with and without the protector is like night and day, it is

soooooooooooo worth getting one! But please, for the love of cheese, make sure you are dust-free before putting the protector

on the screen! If even one nut hair from a flea gets under there, you will know about it.

Edited by MotherSpyder

Guest heidthebaw

Case link

Took about 2 weeks.

Just ordered both, thanks m8!!!

Guest rvdgeer
in Point of view website they are advertising the official dock and the case with usb keyboard. no prices yet.

Thought that too, but the keyboard case is for the other 10" tablet...

If you look close at the case photo's you'll see it will block the USB port, what would make it kind of useless for our devices :(

Dock look great tho!