Vega accessories

Guest removed-14

Guest terminaljunkie
Got the same case delivered from these guys for about £6.50

Case link

Took about 2 weeks.

Have ordered a 10" screen protector as well for about £2. Got them to measure it and it should fit fine.

I think accessories for the zt-180 epad should fit the vega as it's similar size

Does that case restrict any buttons or the USB/HDMI/Memory flap? Looks as if it might but hard to tell on photo's alone.

Thanks

Guest captainsensible
Not sure if anybody has seen them, but on the POV Mobii website there are two new accessories for their version of the Vega (identical), a keyboard case and the dock we've seen.

Keyboard Case

Docking Station

Looking goooood :(

As was pointed out on, err, the previous page, that keyboard case is for a different tablet and will block the USB port, which kind of makes it pointless for the Vega

Guest jnash123

just got my official folio case delivered from currys... have to say that ive packed it up and will be returning it.

it doesnt go in enough that the hole for the camera meets up to the camera. and with a small tug it does actually fall out.

what are the closest equivalents to the vega that i can get a case from as im tired of it just hanging around....

Thanks

Jonathan

Guest poolman
Does that case restrict any buttons or the USB/HDMI/Memory flap? Looks as if it might but hard to tell on photo's alone.

Thanks

If you want to use the case in kickstand mode, then yes, if you have the vega with the camera at the top, both the home button and flap are covered.

If you insert the vega the other way up, the only small issue is that the home button is covered....but you just push slightly on the plastic covering it and it works fine.

Guest captainsensible
just got my official folio case delivered from currys... have to say that ive packed it up and will be returning it.

it doesnt go in enough that the hole for the camera meets up to the camera. and with a small tug it does actually fall out.

what are the closest equivalents to the vega that i can get a case from as im tired of it just hanging around....

Thanks

Jonathan

Hmmm, you're not saying that you bought an official toshiba folio case are you? If you have bought the official Vega case I am surprised at the bad fit as mine fits perfectly with no suggestion of possibly falling out....

Guest jnash123
Hmmm, you're not saying that you bought an official toshiba folio case are you? If you have bought the official Vega case I am surprised at the bad fit as mine fits perfectly with no suggestion of possibly falling out....

i bought the advent one and its a really bad fit!

Guest Schooleydoo
Just seen this. It's for an iPad but for £4.99 must be worth a pop?

Does anyone know if it will fit?

iPad PU Leather Folio Protective Case with Stand - Black #CLEARANCE

got case from ebay and was delivered today. Really pleased with it. Have uploaded a few pics. was only £8.65 including delivery from china!. Only downside was had to wait 2 weeks for delivery!! have a look on ebay see here

- pics on this page.

Are these cases one and the same? This case has cropped up and awful lot in this thread under different names and suppliers. Some people say it fits, others say it does not...

Guest terminaljunkie
If you want to use the case in kickstand mode, then yes, if you have the vega with the camera at the top, both the home button and flap are covered.

If you insert the vega the other way up, the only small issue is that the home button is covered....but you just push slightly on the plastic covering it and it works fine.

Thanks for info

Guest gdwhitehouse

Just thought I'd update people on the case I bought. I got the following off eBay...

eBay link

Got to say it is well made enough, the Vega does fit and it props up well for watching videos. However there is no camera hole and it can cause issues with the buttons as it covers them up. Most problematic though is that the case has the same bezel size as the Vega, meaning hitting the screen edges is tough - not sure how the 'official one's handles that.

Summary, I wouldn't recommend it for purchase really - mine will be used only for the rare occasions I take it travelling. I will be keeping my eyes open for something better.

G

Guest aintcrackedityet

Just fitted the screen protector.

must say it looks good.

patience is the thing here

first off i cleaned my table to get rid of the enemy...dust.

i then wet a towel so it was totally damp....not wet, this kept the dust at bay

I placed the towel on the table with the vega on top of that

I cleaned the screen with glasses lens cleaner and a new microfibre cloth, triple clean.

I put on a pair of plastic gloves so no finger prints

one last check for dust on the screen and i peeled back a couple of inches of backing paper

start at the corner and perfectly line up the protector before you pull back any more backing.

once you are happy with it's position gently pull away a bit more backing and let the protector gently fall onto the screen go really slowly, if you see a bubble appearing, peel it back off slightly and carry on again, take your time

i didn't need to even rub the protector untill i came to the last corner

i then used a credit card on the last corner to press into place (the top sheet was still in place, so no scratching took place)

once you are happy you can remove the top sheet and there you go

one tip, the top sheet can show a bubble too, so you may think it has come from the bottom protector but once you start to peel away the top sheet all will be revealed, hopefully with nothing showing on the bottom.

I have taken some photos, just need to learn how to post them.

cheers all

aintcrackedityet

post-800795-1294085636_thumb.jpg

post-800795-1294085657_thumb.jpg

post-800795-1294085844_thumb.jpg

post-800795-1294103301_thumb.jpg

post-800795-1294103322_thumb.jpg

Edited by aintcrackedityet

Guest Bobbler

In lieu of a range of accessories to protect it, I am just going to "skin" mine on the back with some 3M Di Noc sheet which is easy to apply and removes without a fuss too. An A4 sheet of it is only a couple of quid on eBay - best to stick with either 3M or there is another one called "Hexis" which is just as good too, these are both used for external vehicle wrapping so well up for the task.

Should add some much needed protection to the back of the Vega - I have been using some of this on my phone since middle of the year and doesn't have a mark on it and I love the textured carbon finish myself, though you can get a range of colours and textured finishes.

Will post some pictures of the process and finished article.

Guest Melted
. An A4 sheet of it is only a couple of quid on eBay - best to stick with either 3M or there is another one called "Hexis" which is just as good too, these are both used for external vehicle wrapping so well up for the task.

Some links would be really appreciated.

BTW, anyone has some links for a screen protectors in Ebay, aliexpress or similar?

I found those two, but not sure about the sizing.

6x10" Clear Screen Cover Protector Epad Apad Tablet PC

1 CLEAR Screen Protector Tablet 10.0" 10" 215.5x121.2

Edited by Melted

Guest debs626

Just thought I would show you what accessories I have atm

Keyboard is this one http://www.ebuyer.com/product/233153 Works very well, keys are rubber and it has non-slip rubber feet too. The KB is about 6mm wider than the Vega (looks bigger in my pic)

Stand is this http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronic...ad/Product.html Had to make a modification to the stand as its not adjustable for the viewing angle of the Vega (2nd pic)

post-791054-1294148751_thumb.jpg

post-791054-1294148906_thumb.jpg

Edited by debs626

Guest Bobbler
Some links would be really appreciated.

Oh yeah sorry,

A4 sheet should be enough I think, but I have gone just off the overall dimensions, maybe tight getting it to fit around the sides etc. We will see end of this week when I have the vinyl and more importantly a Vega to hand :unsure:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT - Black (this appears to be Hexis brand so have given it a try at 99p)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CARBON-FIBER-White-V...=item2eb180f733 - White, Red, Gold

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HEXIS-HEXPress-Carbo...=item1e60300939

It has a textured feel, not just a sticker and is really easy to apply as it has a sort of air release which helps prevent bubbles forming. It sticks well, but importantly (to me) when you remove it there is no glue left or anything like that.

You just warm it a bit, using a heat gun or hair dryer to form around tighter bends.

A lot of people are using it for car parts - tarting up your interior or adding some carbon look to wing mirrors, badges etc. IIRC it's rated for 4 or 5 years of outdoor usage without fade or peeling etc.

Also try screen protectors from this link - http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1528165

Seems cheap but may want to give the OP a shout to see if he/she got theirs yet though

Edited by Bobbler

Guest sipart
Just thought I would show you what accessories I have atm

Keyboard is this one http://www.ebuyer.com/product/233153 Works very well, keys are rubber and it has non-slip rubber feet too. The KB is about 6mm wider than the Vega (looks bigger in my pic)

Stand is this http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronic...ad/Product.html Had to make a modification to the stand as its not adjustable for the viewing angle of the Vega (2nd pic)

Hi Debs, I like the home screen launcher - which is it?

EDIT - never mind just read the thread regarding the Tosh launcher - looks nice - will try that later :-)

Edited by sipart

Guest zzleezz
Oh yeah sorry,

A4 sheet should be enough I think, but I have gone just off the overall dimensions, maybe tight getting it to fit around the sides etc. We will see end of this week when I have the vinyl and more importantly a Vega to hand B)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT - Black (this appears to be Hexis brand so have given it a try at 99p)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CARBON-FIBER-White-V...=item2eb180f733 - White, Red, Gold

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HEXIS-HEXPress-Carbo...=item1e60300939

It has a textured feel, not just a sticker and is really easy to apply as it has a sort of air release which helps prevent bubbles forming. It sticks well, but importantly (to me) when you remove it there is no glue left or anything like that.

You just warm it a bit, using a heat gun or hair dryer to form around tighter bends.

A lot of people are using it for car parts - tarting up your interior or adding some carbon look to wing mirrors, badges etc. IIRC it's rated for 4 or 5 years of outdoor usage without fade or peeling etc.

Also try screen protectors from this link - http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1528165

Seems cheap but may want to give the OP a shout to see if he/she got theirs yet though

Just ordered a couple of sheets of this, thanks for the heads up :unsure:

Can see everything including the cat getting a nice racing carbon finish over the next weeks....

Guest Bobbler
Just ordered a couple of sheets of this, thanks for the heads up :unsure:

Can see everything including the cat getting a nice racing carbon finish over the next weeks....

LOL, that's the problem, you are going to get a carbon fetish.

I am thinking it's going to be easiest to remove the rear casing at the moment, should get a real nice neat finish then. Tucking the ends inside the casing should stop it catching and coming loose or anything.

Guest Lennyuk

I am probably being extremely dumb, but the official vega case is supposed to double up as a stand.

I have one... but can't work out how the "stand" part works?

HALP! :unsure:

Thanks