Vega accessories

Guest removed-14

Guest rvdgeer
I'm sure this has been covered a bit in this topic, but is there someone who can tell me if the case for the toshiba folio fits the advent vega or not.

I really want to have a case like that, but the official one for the advent is not available in holland an neither is the one for the POV...

I know that there has been one post that says it fits great, but i'm curious about if the usb en power port are open and if it is a perfect fit ot not, would just like some more info from people who have this combination.

anyone have any experience with this?

It fits perfectly!

And I find it absolutely amazing, because of how you can fold it...

Please search this thread for "toshiba" and find my posts about it...

Will try to post some screenshots soon!

Guest Dirk Weggeman
It fits perfectly!

And I find it absolutely amazing, because of how you can fold it...

Please search this thread for "toshiba" and find my posts about it...

Will try to post some screenshots soon!

Well, i just might buy one then this week from the mediamarkt...how are the usb port and power jack with this case, are they easily accessible?

Thanks for your reply...

Guest rvdgeer
Well, i just might buy one then this week from the mediamarkt...how are the usb port and power jack with this case, are they easily accessible?

Thanks for your reply...

I bought it at paradigit...

Actually the ports are covered, but still love the case!

Guest Dirk Weggeman
I bought it at paradigit...

Actually the ports are covered, but still love the case!

Well if the fit is good, i still might get it...just have to get it out of the sleeve for home use then (i use a keyboard with usb transmitter)...

Especially since there aren't any other cases that are a good fit...

Edited by Dirk Weggeman

Guest zzleezz
So I thought I would try out one of the other colours. In this case white carbon ;)

whitecarbon.JPG

whitecarbonside.JPG

Still thinking about how to cover up the screw black backs, may have to dab a little white nail varnish on them or a bit of paint

Flew on there with very little to no bubbles at all now I got the hang of it.

Got a sheet of silver carbon too for another day, and for some reason the guy chucked another sheet of black in the envelope for me which was nice of him

And for those interested in doing this but worried about damage/glue, the old sheet came off very very clean too. Tiny bit of glue where it had been warmed around the screws. This is a picture after just a bit of kitchen roll and a spray of window cleaner.

cleaned.JPG

Wow mate! That is sexy :-)

Where did you buy the different colours from? Is it the 3M stuff? Can't wait to do some different colours now I've had a go.

Guest Bobbler
Wow mate! That is sexy :-)

Where did you buy the different colours from? Is it the 3M stuff? Can't wait to do some different colours now I've had a go.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Elfmotor/_i.html?_nkw=a4

This guy here, really quick service too. It's not proper 3M stuff, but it's good enough as 3M Di Noc is about 4 to 6 quid in A4 size and only seems to be in the one colour at the minute via eBay. Had a bunch of cash in my Paypal.

I went and took out the speaker grills this time to get an easier fit. They just need the tabs bent out a little to get them out with no problems at all, made it neater IMO with less cutting/trimming. Getting the knack of it now ;)

Edited by Bobbler

Guest zzleezz
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Elfmotor/_i.html?_nkw=a4

This guy here, really quick service too. It's not proper 3M stuff, but it's good enough as 3M Di Noc is about 4 to 6 quid in A4 size and only seems to be in the one colour at the minute via eBay. Had a bunch of cash in my Paypal.

I went and took out the speaker grills this time to get an easier fit. They just need the tabs bent out a little to get them out with no problems at all, made it neater IMO with less cutting/trimming. Getting the knack of it now ;)

Can't wait to see your car next week ;-)

Just my thoughts on the official case;

Had mine for about five weeks now bought from PCWorld. I love the fact that you have easy access to all the buttons and the vega fitted really snug at first. Unfortunately it now slides out all by itself making the case pretty useless if held incorrectly (I have only taking the vega out maybe twice in this time to give the screen a good clean). Its a pity really as at £30 you expect at least some degree of quality! Some sort of velcro attachment on the side might have been a good idea! (might try a blue peter on it)

With quality control being this poor on the case I think I will hold back on purchasing any further accessories for the Vega. Fingers crossed they do a better job on the docking station!

Cheers

Dave

Guest rvdgeer

I really can't believe so few people have discovered how great the Toshiba Folio 100 Cover Sleeve is for the Vega...

You can find a couple of pics of it on the Accessories tab on the Toshiba website...

;)

However, (hold on, sit tight, here it comes) one picture is missing on that site!

You can fold the case so that your vega sits in a 30 degree angle (approx.), perfect for typing!

:D

I made a picture of the user instructions on the packaging:

post-205359-1296476241_thumb.jpg

Part 2 shows what I'm talking about...

Another great pro of this case is the velcro it uses to lock the device inside...

I tried and concluded: I won't fall out!

;)

The only con is: the ports on the right side of the device are blocked...

But as it's blocked by the 'velcro locker' it's quite easy to open it up to plug anything in...

Costs: € 40,- (Holland)

Guest Nemes1s
I really can't believe so few people have discovered how great the Toshiba Folio 100 Cover Sleeve is for the Vega...

The only con is: the ports on the right side of the device are blocked...

But as it's blocked by the 'velcro locker' it's quite easy to open it up to plug anything in...

Costs: € 40,- (Holland)

Of course you'd have to put up with 'Toshiba' in big letters on the front! ;) Still, it does look good. I brought the official one which fell apart in no time with heavy use. Might give this one a go.

Guest Bobbler
Can't wait to see your car next week ;-)

Not worth it matey, carbon bling doesn't belong on kid haulers like our X-Trail.

It's one of those things though, a bit here and there can look good, but I have seen some way over the top usage of carbon stick on everything.

On my motorbike however I have proper carbon, weight saved is speed gained ;)

Guest zzleezz
Not worth it matey, carbon bling doesn't belong on kid haulers like our X-Trail.

It's one of those things though, a bit here and there can look good, but I have seen some way over the top usage of carbon stick on everything.

On my motorbike however I have proper carbon, weight saved is speed gained ;)

Bah, now you have shattered my illusion of you!

Ordered a couple of white sheets today, cant see any of the other colours looking like anything but christmas wrapping.

Still looking about the house trying to find things I can "wrap" but being an older duffer I'm finding it difficult. The cat wont keep still long enough. I think as its not actual carbon fibre maybe not the kettle, might be able to get the remote control for the telly looking a bit faster...

Wonder if you can do false teeth?....

Guest Bobbler
Bah, now you have shattered my illusion of you!

Ordered a couple of white sheets today, cant see any of the other colours looking like anything but christmas wrapping.

Still looking about the house trying to find things I can "wrap" but being an older duffer I'm finding it difficult. The cat wont keep still long enough. I think as its not actual carbon fibre maybe not the kettle, might be able to get the remote control for the telly looking a bit faster...

Wonder if you can do false teeth?....

LOL.

I do have a carbon "fetish" though, having had a couple of cars with factory fitted carbon (Audi S4) and motorbikes you start to like it more than woods and metals. This stuff I can afford to play about with the colour schemes a little, if it was 3M maybe not so willing to change it over again.

The silver carbon is not too bad at all, it's not overly shiny/tinsel like at all, more of a bright grey colour than anything else, think brushed steel or aluminium finish of a posh fridge and you are somewhere close to it. The red and the blues though, not for me, they look a bit too glossy.

Guest zzleezz
LOL.

I do have a carbon "fetish" though, having had a couple of cars with factory fitted carbon (Audi S4) and motorbikes you start to like it more than woods and metals. This stuff I can afford to play about with the colour schemes a little, if it was 3M maybe not so willing to change it over again.

The silver carbon is not too bad at all, it's not overly shiny/tinsel like at all, more of a bright grey colour than anything else, think brushed steel or aluminium finish of a posh fridge and you are somewhere close to it. The red and the blues though, not for me, they look a bit too glossy.

Methinks a pic of your bike is in order...

Got my white carbon vinyl today, amazing speed of delivery from that firm but was really disappointed to see that they had not used any special packaging or indeed marked the plain white a4 envelope that they sent it in with "DO NOT BEND". Of course our postman folded it up and crammed it through our letterbox ;)

Managed to work the creases out (just) with heat while applying but I dont think I will use them again.

As for the white, it looks far more eyecatching but I think I prefer the black on balance. The white needs to be fitted totally perfectly where you can hide a multitude of sins with the black as there is nothing to show up the edges. Will keep it on for a while then I think ill get some proper 3m di-noc in black and put that on,

Ohyeah, had a total nightmare getting the old stuff off, heat just made it worse. Had to use white spirit to get the glue off the back cover.

Guest Bobbler
Methinks a pic of your bike is in order...

Got my white carbon vinyl today, amazing speed of delivery from that firm but was really disappointed to see that they had not used any special packaging or indeed marked the plain white a4 envelope that they sent it in with "DO NOT BEND". Of course our postman folded it up and crammed it through our letterbox ;)

Managed to work the creases out (just) with heat while applying but I dont think I will use them again.

As for the white, it looks far more eyecatching but I think I prefer the black on balance. The white needs to be fitted totally perfectly where you can hide a multitude of sins with the black as there is nothing to show up the edges. Will keep it on for a while then I think ill get some proper 3m di-noc in black and put that on,

Ohyeah, had a total nightmare getting the old stuff off, heat just made it worse. Had to use white spirit to get the glue off the back cover.

Mad, I got proper card backed envelope with mine in! I may give them a miss next time if I need anything more in the way of carbon sticky, I would be pretty annoyed at that TBH.

Very true with the white, every bit of the black sticks through if you get a cut wrong or anything, but saying that mine is all well tucked in over the inside edges and went on lovely.

Unlucky with the glue there matey, did your original stuff from these guys or the "Endurance Cycling" shop instead? I think I got my first lot from them maybe different glues perhaps, 3M dinoc is a world apart as is Hexis equivalent.

Guest zzleezz
Mad, I got proper card backed envelope with mine in! I may give them a miss next time if I need anything more in the way of carbon sticky, I would be pretty annoyed at that TBH.

Very true with the white, every bit of the black sticks through if you get a cut wrong or anything, but saying that mine is all well tucked in over the inside edges and went on lovely.

Unlucky with the glue there matey, did your original stuff from these guys or the "Endurance Cycling" shop instead? I think I got my first lot from them maybe different glues perhaps, 3M dinoc is a world apart as is Hexis equivalent.

Think I got the black stuff from Endurance Cycling.

Still pretty annoyed, going to send them a snotty email before I give negative feedback, give them a chance to "make it up to me" ;)

Guest Bobbler
I just got one of these and its excellent nice and sturdy and angles with positive lock here

No quite the same, but same functionality - the one you linked to I didn't like the idea of the "fiddly" style feet that you have to pull out.

I haven't actually got round to playing with the Arkon one to give it a proper review yet. It's on my to do list for the weekend.

Guest zzleezz
I just got one of these and its excellent nice and sturdy and angles with positive lock here

Ordered one of these from Amazon. Cheaper with free delivery.

Really good quality build. Holds the Vega solidly and adjusts from pretty much flat to vertical.

Much bigger than I thought it would be but looking at it I don't suppose it could be smaller and still work in the same way. Says on the box it's an ipad and laptop stand....

Setting it up is not fiddly at all, the adjuster has a locking ratchet that you just press to adjust.

Very happy. Will leave review on Amazon later.

Guest xathras
Ordered one of these from Amazon. Cheaper with free delivery.

Really good quality build. Holds the Vega solidly and adjusts from pretty much flat to vertical.

Much bigger than I thought it would be but looking at it I don't suppose it could be smaller and still work in the same way. Says on the box it's an ipad and laptop stand....

Setting it up is not fiddly at all, the adjuster has a locking ratchet that you just press to adjust.

Very happy. Will leave review on Amazon later.

I also have one of these stands and can confirm what zzleezz says. It provides a stable stand for the Vega in landscape and portrait modes. It also folds up flat and so is easy to carry around in a pocket or bag. Very rugged construction, so not easily damaged.

post-797214-1296750941_thumb.jpg

post-797214-1296750973_thumb.jpg

post-797214-1296750992_thumb.jpg

post-797214-1296751008_thumb.jpg

Guest slayer201277

@ Bobbler

you should pimp out your services m8! I would pay good money to have that done for me.....its probably fairly straight forward, but knowing how clumsy i am i would mess it up big time