Vega accessories

Guest removed-14

Guest removed-14
I bought the logik one in currys and i'm happy with it - it's designed for something a bit thicker but the plan view fit is good. It does have zips thoughso may not be what you want. The cost of some of these cases is amazing- i guess cos many of them are aimed at the ipad market!

Oooh got a link?

Guest swarrans
Oooh got a link?

It was the one I posted in post 3 http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/logik-l10chn1...952398-pdt.html

It is actually a pretty good fit (perfect length and perhaps only 1/2 " too wide) - it's a little too deep, but fine and I've left the foam packaging in it for extra protection.

It's fine for me, but I thought you wanted something that opened like a book?

Guest English Haze

10.2" neoprene style zip up net-book case from Tesco works just fine. A little deeper than necessary but fits the width perfectly. £7.96 I think. Less than £8 anyway.

Guest MonkeyBoy451
from http://twitter.com/adventvega

can use PROTECT3 code to get £3 off the screen protector.

[Edit]

Just tried it - "promocode not applicable"

Will try again later....

Yeah I tried on PCWorld site and its not live yet - have tweeted them and they are looking into it. ;)

Will post here when they reply.

Guest removed-14
even with the £3 off, i still think the screen protecor is a rip off...

a tenner for a sheet of plastic and a cloth, no thanks :P

A 'sticky' piece of plastic! ;)

Personally, I think that style of case is probably best if you plan on travelling with your vega as it's more rigid so will offer more protection than the neoprene style slip cases.

I envisage that my Vega will very rarely be taken out of the house though so I really just want something to stop if from getting scratched when I put it away. If I'm sat on the sofa using the tablet to browse the web, I wouldn't want it to be in a case (yes I know it can be removed but it seems like a bit of a faff).

Also, it's double the price of similar generic cases on eBay, and doesn't appear to be able to convert into a desktop stand like most of those do - which might be a useful feature if you want to watch films on the train, or in hotels etc).

Guest ChocolateRobot
The case is online

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/proporta-adve...764476-pdt.html

not a fan of that style

Not a fan of a fake plastic case for £30 either.

so that's ....

12.99 for a screen protector (really?).

30.00 for a "plastic" case (sorry faux-leather).

What next £60.00 for the dock?

So this is where they stick it to us........ with the accessories! Think I'll keep my ill fitting poundsaver case until something a bit more "realistic" in terms of value appears. ;)

Guest Pyr0x64
Not a fan of a fake plastic case for £30 either.

so that's ....

12.99 for a screen protector (really?).

30.00 for a "plastic" case (sorry faux-leather).

What next £60.00 for the dock?

So this is where they stick it to us........ with the accessories! Think I'll keep my ill fitting poundsaver case until something a bit more "realistic" in terms of value appears. ;)

+1 exactly

very disappointing prices

i like the style of the case, but no way i'm paying £30... and for fake leather too

not looking forward to the dock pricing anymore :-$

Edited by Pyr0x64

Guest Genieuk

Good case, but Waaay too expensive. I would pay around £15 for that, so will hold out on someone else bringing out something like this for a lot less.

Currys/PC World always rip you off on accessories. It's not an iPad you know ;)

Guest removed-14

I'm liking the case to be honest. The price however isn't great, however I do have a £5 voucher for currys so £25 is getting better. I've asked when it will be available in stores as not sure if the voucher can be used online.

Guest removed-14

Just rang Currys and typically they couldn't find it on their system! Gave him the Product Code but no joy. But you can't even search for it on the website. Only way to get to it is the direct link. WHY OH WHY did it have to be DSG that released the Vega?!

Guest vegaaccs
Just rang Currys and typically they couldn't find it on their system! Gave him the Product Code but no joy. But you can't even search for it on the website. Only way to get to it is the direct link. WHY OH WHY did it have to be DSG that released the Vega?!

Hello,

I just posted on the other thread. I'm part of the accessory team for Vega at DSG.

We have setup a code for the case so you can get £10 off. Use ADVENT10 at the checkout. There is also a code for £3 off the Screen protector. Use PROTECT3 at the checkout.

We are trying to support the community as best we can. Keep an eye on #adventvega for more information or I can reply here.

Case Link - http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/proporta-adve...764476-pdt.html

Guest removed-14
Hello,

I just posted on the other thread. I'm part of the accessory team for Vega at DSG.

We have setup a code for the case so you can get £10 off. Use ADVENT10 at the checkout. There is also a code for £3 off the Screen protector. Use PROTECT3 at the checkout.

We are trying to support the community as best we can. Keep an eye on #adventvega for more information or I can reply here.

Well done someone in the DSG group! £20 is more like it, so much so I've ordered one. I've been a day one owner of a Vega and I think it is brilliant. A case is a must have item. Any news on the dock as that will likely be my next purchase?

Hello,

Cool - thanks - that makes it much more palatable ;)

Also asked in the other thread about dock availability/functions. Any news on this?

Andy

Guest vegaaccs
Cool - thanks - that makes it much more palatable ;)

Also asked in the other thread about dock availability/functions. Any news on this?

Andy

The dock is being developed by the team who make the Advent hardware. I will release any details that I get, but I can't add any more than what the community already knows about the dock from the pictures released on the Twitter.

I'm always interested to hear any feedback and any suggestions for accessories you would like to see. We have a bespoke neoprene sleeve upcoming that will fit the Vega perfectly, unlike any generic cases.

Hello,

Excellent news - Thanks. Just ordered one.