Vega accessories

Guest removed-14

Guest Pyr0x64
Hello,

I just posted on the other thread. I'm part of the accessory team for Vega at DSG.

We have setup a code for the case so you can get £10 off. Use ADVENT10 at the checkout. There is also a code for £3 off the Screen protector. Use PROTECT3 at the checkout.

We are trying to support the community as best we can. Keep an eye on #adventvega for more information or I can reply here.

Case Link - http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/proporta-adve...764476-pdt.html

I'm sorry, but IMHO this just goes to show how inflated the £30 price really is if you can just offer a £10 discount

£20 is a more reasonable price, but still a little too much considering the quality and pricing of similar cases

Edited by Pyr0x64

Guest HugoQueiriga
The dock is being developed by the team who make the Advent hardware. I will release any details that I get, but I can't add any more than what the community already knows about the dock from the pictures released on the Twitter.

I'm always interested to hear any feedback and any suggestions for accessories you would like to see. We have a bespoke neoprene sleeve upcoming that will fit the Vega perfectly, unlike any generic cases.

Any case on the works that can server as a stand too?

Guest jimbo25
Any case on the works that can server as a stand too?

Apparently this one does ... on the other thread vegaaccs replied with:

This detail is missing from the website. I can confirm that the Proporta-made Advent case on the Currys website has a landscape stand mode

Guest vegaaccs
so hacked off - I bought at £30 just because I needed a case. I can't even cancel my order and then resubmit it. pretty p****d off really.

PM me donkboye33, I'll see what we can work out.

Guest MonkeyBoy451
Ordered but no confirmation email yet? Anyone else got theirs?

I got 2 emails - 1 for each item as ordered them seperately as the 2 codes would work together for some reason on the pcworld site.

Only order ack emails mind you - nothing to say they are processed yet and ready for delivery!

Guest UKChuck
Ordered but no confirmation email yet? Anyone else got theirs?

Had to place 2 orders one for the screen protector and one for the case as I could not add two discount codes to one order. Have received two order conformation emails.

Guest Dan2012
Hi, so how much is the screen sensitivity affected by it?

It's completly rubbish tbh, I got it out and there was dents all on the plastic, So i went ahead and put it on! More air bubbles than anything and because it had dent's in it, It looked like the screen was marked underneath, I Got alot of the bubbles out after a good while but the dents in it put me off so i just took the thing off.

Wouldn't say the screen sensitivity was affected, But when you got loads of bubbles and dents on it it make it look awful, Dissapointed really as it cost £12.99 ;)

Just ordered a case too thanks to the fact it can also be used as a stand and the price being more reasonable with the code...

quite a detail to miss off!

I also love that DSG had to photoshop the vega in to the case to rush it on to the site. =}

Edited by ~Jon~

Slightly OT, but I've go to say the responsiveness of Advent/DSG here on the forum and on twitter had been really stellar. It makes a big difference. Yes there have been some teething problems with supply and a few negative and vocal complaints, but I can completely understand the reasoning behind a slow gradual ramp up. Remember that this is still a relatively new category of product and fairly new territory for DSG.

Can't wait for mine to arrive...

Guest warriorscot

Just ordered one with the code which made it just this line of reasonably priced. Would be good if it was real leather but what can you do. The fact it works as a stand pretty much sold me on it more than anything else.

Still not getting the screen protector at that price I would expect at least 3 protectors and probably 5 or 6 would be reasonable. After all you can buy it by the meter at that price and cut it to size yourself without much hassle. I always think its a rip off if you only get one as they don't last all that long and they are difficult to put on in the first place especially big ones.

I really want a dock that will let me use a USB keyboard and flash drives and at a reasonable price if it costs more than the case I will be really annoyed.

Guest poolman
I bought 3 screen protectors for an ipad for £3.99 on eBay and cut them to fit.

They cover the touchscreen just and no more but do the job nicely.

Thanks for the tip......Poundland apparently have ipad screen protectors available for, err, a pound ;)

Guest Sir Gash

Could anyone with a screen protector, either the official one or another type, confirm if it helps reduce the glossyness of the screen? Although I do not have my Vega yet (should be Monday) the videos I have seen show it is extremely reflective and I'd rather not have to look at my ugly mug reflected back at me everytime I use it ;)

Cheers