Vega accessories

Guest removed-14

I think that looks good and certainly better than i was expecting.

How does it effect the sound from the speakers?

Edited by T4ylor

Guest Genieuk
I think that looks good and certainly better than i was expecting.

How does it effect the sound from the speakers?

The speakers, since they're on the back are affected but i find the sound reasonable.

Is that a pocket on the inside of the cover or just a strip of pleather.

Yes! Its a pocket, dunno what you'd put in there, maybe your tube ticket and then you can swipe the whole thing over the touch in pad ;)

Guest warriorscot

I was thinking it might be good to stick a spare SD card or two, spare set of headphones maybe if its big enough. Train tickets aren't the worst idea ive always got loads in my pockets it seems.

Hmmmm. Pic 4 makes me nervous. How tight a fit does the case have? It looks like there's nothing holding it in from the top, and that after a bit of use there's a chance it could slip right out. Not good if you're walking down a busy street at the time! Or anywhere other than lying flat on the floor i guess!

Might wait and see what other cases come on the market tbh, not sure if this one has the WOW factor to match it's contents.....

Guest dukla2000
Here's some piccies I took.
In landscape mode you show it with the screen at an angle of say 60 degrees to desk. Can you work with it the other way - rest it on cover with back edge raised a few inches so screen is say 30 degrees raised from desk?

Have seen this works with an Apple case and makes sense to me as best option - flat on desk you are subject to viewing angle issues, slightly raised at rear sorts viewing angle as well as makes typing easier.

Guest Genieuk
Hmmmm. Pic 4 makes me nervous. How tight a fit does the case have? It looks like there's nothing holding it in from the top, and that after a bit of use there's a chance it could slip right out. Not good if you're walking down a busy street at the time! Or anywhere other than lying flat on the floor i guess!

Might wait and see what other cases come on the market tbh, not sure if this one has the WOW factor to match it's contents.....

I think you have a valid point. It does feel nice and tight, but it's new, so it's not slipping. Only time will tell whether it becomes loose, if so I guess we'll need to be extra careful which way round it's held.

The quality does feel good, so hopefully it will be ok. I plan on leaving it in the case all the time and not taking it out/inserting it/taking it out/inserting it continuously (ooh er), so that should help keep it tight (ooh er again ;) )

In landscape mode you show it with the screen at an angle of say 60 degrees to desk. Can you work with it the other way - rest it on cover with back edge raised a few inches so screen is say 30 degrees raised from desk?

Have seen this works with an Apple case and makes sense to me as best option - flat on desk you are subject to viewing angle issues, slightly raised at rear sorts viewing angle as well as makes typing easier.

The angle of the rest does not seem to be adjustable. Just one fixed setting secured with a button, which is annoying.

oh, and I've found a use for that inside pocket, stick a screen cleaning cloth in there.

Edited by Genieuk

Guest warriorscot

I suppose if you were handy with a needle and thread or even double sided tape you could secure the Vega so it wouldn't be able to slip out of the case. If you are going to be keeping it in there it won't make a huge difference if it is stuck in.

I don't really see how they could make it so you could access all the ports and buttons without that side being left open so I'm not all too sure about other cases if they come along being any different. And when you consider one side has to be open to let you slide it in its really pretty practical.

I suppose if you were handy with a needle and thread or even double sided tape you could secure the Vega so it wouldn't be able to slip out of the case. If you are going to be keeping it in there it won't make a huge difference if it is stuck in.

I don't really see how they could make it so you could access all the ports and buttons without that side being left open so I'm not all too sure about other cases if they come along being any different. And when you consider one side has to be open to let you slide it in its really pretty practical.

A Case that allows you to slip it from the inside fold and covers the left, right, and bottom sides would be preferrable. That way, as long as the case is closed it has no chance of falling out....

Guest MonkeyBoy451
Got my case in when I got home. Feels soft and leathery. Seems pretty good quality, although I think £20 is the right price for what you're getting. The fit is perfect. The stand feature is nothing outstanding, but it does the job. Altogether happy with it so far.

Here's some piccies I took.

:P

Thanks for the pics - looks fairly decent and as you, say worth about £20. There was no way I would have paid £30 for it, so glad they did the voucher code.

Am just waiting on mine to arrive in the post with the screen protector too. ;)

Guest Cardblower
for those wanting a stand for the vega you can use the gorilla pod, as stated in photos in another post.

here it is very cheap:

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronic...-Camera-Tripod/

Link doesn't work.

Looking for something on Play.com?

We are unable to display the page you requested. You may have followed an outdated link or mistyped the address (URL). If this problem persists, please email us at [email protected] and let us know.

Guest warriorscot

Or you could just use an old DVD spindle which works perfectly.

The problem if a case that inserted on the inside would be it wouldn't be able to have anything on the top right horizontal or vertical surfaces. Structurally for a case that could cause problems make it less secure and floppy on the corners. And with only the very bottom corner of the right side being free of ports then it would be easy for it to fall out when you removed it.

I was just thinking velcro might work and do double duty out of the case so you could stick it to a vertical surface.

Guest vegaaccs
Or you could just use an old DVD spindle which works perfectly.

The problem if a case that inserted on the inside would be it wouldn't be able to have anything on the top right horizontal or vertical surfaces. Structurally for a case that could cause problems make it less secure and floppy on the corners. And with only the very bottom corner of the right side being free of ports then it would be easy for it to fall out when you removed it.

I was just thinking velcro might work and do double duty out of the case so you could stick it to a vertical surface.

Hi guys, some great feedback from you on the case. Considering the speed at which it was turned around, we are really happy with it. The neoprene case is imminent and we have another non-Proporta case on the way. See the images below for the first sample. As you can see it has a typing mode, but won't stand up at a higher angle in landscape. There is a flap to hold the device more securely but no internal pocket. There's an elastic strap which holds the folio closed and aids grip if you use the Vega vertically. Also, it has a nice Advent logo stamp into the front. Let me know what you think.

post-798095-1291818468_thumb.jpg

post-798095-1291818481_thumb.jpg

post-798095-1291818492_thumb.jpg

post-798095-1291818513_thumb.jpg

post-798095-1291818518_thumb.jpg

post-798095-1291818522_thumb.jpg

post-798095-1291818704_thumb.jpg

post-798095-1291818722_thumb.jpg

post-798095-1291818794_thumb.jpg

How long would you say we are looking at and also in your "PERSONAL" opinion which is the better? (if you can answer that) because i ordered 2 of the other one this morning and would like to know your thoughts.

Thanks