Vega accessories

Guest removed-14

Guest dukla2000
.... we have another non-Proporta case on the way. See the images below for the first sample. As you can see it has a typing mode, ...
Exactly what I want (pic 5) - if you let on where the sample is I will break in tonight!

Sorry, to be more constructive IMHO this is the right case

1) You get something wrapped around your baby that may help in case of any knocks/bumps/falls

2) It is easy to flip open and start work - no zips or bag to put somewhere before you get going. Equally flip the thing closed, pick up and you are off.

3) When travelling you invariably have other stuff - chargers, adapters, dongles, papers, tickets, passport and probably a bag to put it all in, so no need for the Vega case to try cope with extra clutter as well

4) Having a typing angle means you can use a flat surface (desk, coffee table whatever) to get a slightly better/more natural viewing angle (and overcome screen limitations)

ps - need to make sure the flap isn't covering the mic. Also think the elastic strap looks like someone has lost their garter - hopefully it is completely removable! I would expect the case "lid" to sit flat on the screen if I place it (closed) on a desk without the use of any elastic

Edited by dukla2000

Guest vegaaccs
How long would you say we are looking at and also in your "PERSONAL" opinion which is the better? (if you can answer that) because i ordered 2 of the other one this morning and would like to know your thoughts.

As this is only sample at the moment, I would go for the Proporta. The finish isn't great on the Advent sample and Proporta are very discerning with their quality control. I think that having the more vertical stand position is preferable to typing position personally, but I guess it all depends on how you use it. Also, I prefer the faux leather rather than this polyurethane finish on the Advent.

We have not raised orders on the Advent case yet, so delivery will likely be some weeks away.

Guest vegaaccs
Exactly what I want (pic 5) - if you let on where the sample is I will break in tonight!

Sorry, to be more constructive IMHO this is the right case

1) You get something wrapped around your baby that may help in case of any knocks/bumps/falls

2) It is easy to flip open and start work - no zips or bag to put somewhere before you get going. Equally flip the thing closed, pick up and you are off.

3) When travelling you invariably have other stuff - chargers, adapters, dongles, papers, tickets, passport and probably a bag to put it all in, so no need for the Vega case to try cope with extra clutter as well

4) Having a typing angle means you can use a flat surface (desk, coffee table whatever) to get a slightly better/more natural viewing angle (and overcome screen limitations)

ps - need to make sure the flap isn't covering the mic. Also think the elastic strap looks like someone has lost their garter - hopefully it is completely removable! I would expect the case "lid" to sit flat on the screen if I place it (closed) on a desk without the use of any elastic

I agree with a lot of the feedback you've given. It is a balancing act between features/quality and cost. It is difficult for us source good quality but also low cost cases on short orders and as the Advent Vega is still in low circulation, we cannot risk buying tens of thousands of cass and getting the bulk discounts. We have also had to sacrifice some design in order to get them to market quicker. I don't have a Vega, but I have an iPad and I would be happier with the Proporta case on my iPad at the moment. I'll pass on this feedback, but it may be a little late for this case. We'll look at this for the next version.

As this is only sample at the moment, I would go for the Proporta. The finish isn't great on the Advent sample and Proporta are very discerning with their quality control. I think that having the more vertical stand position is preferable to typing position personally, but I guess it all depends on how you use it. Also, I prefer the faux leather rather than this polyurethane finish on the Advent.

We have not raised orders on the Advent case yet, so delivery will likely be some weeks away.

Thank you for your opinion and i think that i will stick with the Proporta one then.

Got mine ... its nice and all ... completly useless as a stand though ... if you get it in the right position its ok till it falls over. Pretty useless for that function.

Will keep the vega protected though thats the main thing

Guest trebor63

Got mine today and it took a while for me to use the black nylon strap to prevent the flap from opening to far using it as a stand! Once figured out works OK. Not the best case in the world but cheap enough for now.

Edited by trebor63

Guest ChocolateRobot

Using mine in "stand mode" now without any probs? The case is OK, although £30.00 is a bit of a joke price for it. I think £20.00 (with the advent10 discount) is probably a bit too much still, although I would pay £40-£45 for a leather one.

Guest vegaaccs
Using mine in "stand mode" now without any probs? The case is OK, although £30.00 is a bit of a joke price for it. I think £20.00 (with the advent10 discount) is probably a bit too much still, although I would pay £40-£45 for a leather one.

If people keep buying Vegas, we will expand the range of accessories. Still a bit early adys, but we are briefing a leather case for a few months down the line.

Guest shutdown

i'd like a rubber "iphone" like sleeve to go over the back of the vega. bit extra grip when holding and also if resting it on knee it won't slide. Also keep the back scratch free

Guest donkboye33

@vegaaccs

Just a quick note to say thanks for the compass stand, received it just now, and more than makes up for paying the full 30 notes for the case. Thanks for your efforts on this.

@everyone_else

First ever post on a forum, and I bitched abut paying full price for a case as the coupon was only released minutes later - boy was I peeved at the time. Anyway, was contacted almost immediately by vegaaccs who has since done MORE than I could have ever expected from a faceless retail giant like DSG, and although he was unable to get my tenner back, he was kind enough to send me something else as a gesture of goodwill. I have to say I don't think I've ever seen this level of manufacturer/distributor communication to the general public ever, and if I'm honest I wasn't even expecting a response. Anyway, all I can say is the Vega is a very nice tablet, the case is good quality, and does offer excellent protection around the edges (slightly expensive though I have to admit) and if you have a problem, then it seems the team Advent have assigned to the Vega (both hardware and accessories) are very much focused on customer satisfaction, and should be applauded for all their efforts thus far.

Old man rant over :-)

Guest SilentMobius

Got my case. I'm really confused as to why they left the right side open and yet covered the top (which would already be covered when the flap is closed.

I have to watch how I carry it or my Vega will fall out :) Would have been very happy if it weren't for that.

Guest donkboye33
Got my case. I'm really confused as to why they left the right side open and yet covered the top (which would already be covered when the flap is closed.

I have to watch how I carry it or my Vega will fall out :) Would have been very happy if it weren't for that.

because if you hold it in portrait mode if it wasn't covered the device would slide out and smash on the floor :-)

Guest SilentMobius
because if you hold it in portrait mode if it wasn't covered the device would slide out and smash on the floor :-)

When its open I think I can handle being careful. it's when its closed (I.E. I'm walking around) I was expecting it to completely enclose the device ;P

Guest warriorscot

Got mine this morning and I am pretty pleased with it. It doesn't exactly scream quality but it gets the job done and I am now less paranoid about handling the vega and where I leave it. I don't think it slipping out will be a problem if it ever seems like it does I'll just get some stick on velcro strips and work something out.

If somewhere down the line there is a quality tuff-luv case I will definitely get it as I have had one for almost all my devices and I do prefer real leather as it wears better, looks better and feels better.

Now what I am waiting for is a dock if we can get that we are sorted to be honest the lack of one at this point is annoying they aren't exactly technically complex pieces of kit.

Guest removed-14

I think the case is very good. The quality isn't bad and it is a perfect fit. For people who are worried about it slipping out, it is a nice snug fit plus I cant see how they could have secured that side without obscuring any of the ports and buttons. It is a solid purchase at 20 pounds, not so sure at 30.

Guest Sanddancer75

Mine turned up a day before my Vegas! I'd say it's over-priced for what it is (I had to buy 2 too for mine & my lass's Vegas). The internal pocket is incredibly thin. I put the Micro SD card to SD card adapter in it & it showed through so much I was worried it could mark the screen. The stand it useless too. Mine has already fell over using it a couple of times, I'll not be trying it again. I'd rather they didn't bother with the stand feature & replace the press stud with magnets for quicker opening & closing.

Guest Bobbler
Just found this site. Anyone familiar with it?

http://www.ultimate-mobiles.co.uk

Carry cases, travel bags, and even a car kit.

I wish they had screen protectors as well...

Those are just generic accessories which are going to fit anything within their size range - the windscreen mount appears to be made for a netbook or smaller screen laptop just the Vega fits within the dimensions, same with the cases and bags.

Guest montage
That will be good as long as they don't put a silly price tag on it like they have with the screen protectors. Do we know when it's going to be available yet?

Hate the blinding blue led on the front of it.. why they have to use that piercing bright chav'd up blue colour i have no idea.

Just seen the official vega case online.. £29.99! thats 8% of the original vega cost.. and here i was thinking apple had issues with pricing.

Guest Genieuk

Hate the blinding blue led on the front of it.. why they have to use that piercing bright chav'd up blue colour i have no idea.

Just seen the official vega case online.. £29.99! thats 8% of the original vega cost.. and here i was thinking apple had issues with pricing.

on Currys, use ADVENT10 to get a tenner off that price.