Vega accessories

Guest removed-14

Guest warriorscot

The advent10 code works on PCworld as well. If you are having problems with the stand make sure you aren't just trying to use the normal clasp to keep it open the stand function needs the long piece of fabric above the pocket to work properly. Although I sometimes like it sitting up a bit higher so I occasionally use the normal one.

Guest daniel.weck
A related tweet:

"ports on the docking station releasing soon (3usb + hdmi) allow you to read USB"

Via: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/74vopk

"demo" of the dock here:

By the way, the OEM version of the Advent Vega is currently "discounted" here:

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/gcomlbshop/p10an01001.html

:)

img_877050_19437796_1?1291704142.jpg

Edited by daniel.weck

Well I have today received one of the screen protectors ordered and have noticed a small dent type crease about 1cm long. I did think about saying sod it fitting it but deep down I know it wouldn’t look right and just p%$s me off so I have emailed PCWorld to see about exchanging it.

The problem is that there is a decent size mark on the card sleeve which it came in (but not the postage packaging) so it obviously it was not checked before being sent. Just wonder how long this process will now take.

@vegaaccs

Hi,

Very happy with the case. Unfortuantely the pin stripe lining is coming away at the spine inside. Do you know when these will be in store so I can I get an exchange....Thanks

Guest ChocolateRobot
Well I have today received one of the screen protectors ordered and have noticed a small dent type crease about 1cm long. I did think about saying sod it fitting it but deep down I know it wouldn’t look right and just p%$s me off so I have emailed PCWorld to see about exchanging it.

The problem is that there is a decent size mark on the card sleeve which it came in (but not the postage packaging) so it obviously it was not checked before being sent. Just wonder how long this process will now take.

I had the same issue, and the dent left a very small bubble mid screen (it wasn't a cm). You can't notice it when the screen is on and most people probably wouldn't notice at all, but I know it's there and it does annoy me (only slightly). I thought the postman may have damaged it at first, but after checking the cardboard package I could tell there were no corresponding marks on the envelope, so it must have been damaged prior to dispatch. That is actually more annoying than the bubble itself!

I just couldn't be bothered to return it so can't help on the timescale. Bubble aside, I am pleased with it now it's on the Vega.

Guest MarkoUK

Got my screen protector today and managed to fit it perfectly. I've no idea how I managed it as I'm usually a nightmare with them.

Takes that horrible reflectivity off the screen just nicely.

Now just waiting on my case.

The capacitive stylus arrived today, I like how it fits in the 3.5mm headphone jack not to lose it, only problem is when scrolling through pages that everything is a link, like in the market place.

Guest MarkoUK
The capacitive stylus arrived today, I like how it fits in the 3.5mm headphone jack not to lose it, only problem is when scrolling through pages that everything is a link, like in the market place.

Where did you get it from and how much?

Guest vegaaccs
@vegaaccs

Hi,

Very happy with the case. Unfortuantely the pin stripe lining is coming away at the spine inside. Do you know when these will be in store so I can I get an exchange....Thanks

It should be in stores now. What is your local PCW/Currys?

Guest vegaaccs
Looks good but quite expensive. Wonder if it works fine with the screen protector.

Might use a sausage instead :)

We're happy that stylus' work correctly with the screen protector.

If you are after a decent stylus, then Currys/PCWorld sell the Griffin Stylus for iPad for £14.99. It's only in the bigger stores but if you pick up a gift guide and get the £5 voucher (at least) off the back, you've got yourself a £9.99 branded stylus.

Guest DrSuave
If you are after a decent stylus, then Currys/PCWorld sell the Griffin Stylus for iPad for £14.99. It's only in the bigger stores but if you pick up a gift guide and get the £5 voucher (at least) off the back, you've got yourself a £9.99 branded stylus.

seems to be out of stock

It should be in stores now. What is your local PCW/Currys?

Currys is 58 Kings Mall, Hammersmith, London, W6 0QB - A small store.

PCW is 47-53 KENSINGTON HIGH STREET, KENSINGTON LONDON W8 5ED - Quite a big store I think.

Thanks

Guest vegaaccs
Currys is 58 Kings Mall, Hammersmith, London, W6 0QB - A small store.

PCW is 47-53 KENSINGTON HIGH STREET, KENSINGTON LONDON W8 5ED - Quite a big store I think.

Thanks

PCW Kensington is showing 1 in stock as is Hammersmith Currys.digital. Ring ahead and get them to put it aside.

Store: Currys Digital

Address 1: 58 Kings Mall

Address 2: Hammersmith

Telephone: 020 84785766

Store: PC World

Address 1: 47/53 Kensington High Street

Telephone: 0207 938 5882

PCW Kensington is showing 1 in stock as is Hammersmith Currys.digital. Ring ahead and get them to put it aside.

Store: Currys Digital

Address 1: 58 Kings Mall

Address 2: Hammersmith

Telephone: 020 84785766

Store: PC World

Address 1: 47/53 Kensington High Street

Telephone: 0207 938 5882

Thanks for your help - I will give them a call.

Any news on the dock?

what i think would be great would be a dock, then some sort of keyboard option (mabe plug into usb slot) then can use vega as a mini desktop or for word documents on documents to go ect

Guest wimsloboy

got case from ebay and was delivered today. Really pleased with it. Have uploaded a few pics. was only £8.65 including delivery from china!. Only downside was had to wait 2 weeks for delivery!! have a look on ebay see here

post-794656-1292448674_thumb.jpg

post-794656-1292448687_thumb.jpg

post-794656-1292448699_thumb.jpg

post-794656-1292448707_thumb.jpg

post-794656-1292448715_thumb.jpg

Guest warriorscot
Got my case today, I like it a-lot only little problem is it hides the charging light.

I thought that was one of the best features myself. It was doing my nut in when I left it to charge overnight on my night stand.

Guest jellywobbles
Hello,

I just posted on the other thread. I'm part of the accessory team for Vega at DSG.

We have setup a code for the case so you can get £10 off. Use ADVENT10 at the checkout. There is also a code for £3 off the Screen protector. Use PROTECT3 at the checkout.

We are trying to support the community as best we can. Keep an eye on #adventvega for more information or I can reply here.

Case Link - http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/proporta-adve...764476-pdt.html

Thank you very much - I just bought one for £20! Glad to see that you are supporting us here. :)