MoDaCo Custom r6 discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest newcube

Getting a few errors with the prebake 1.04 R4:

Remounting system partition

remount succeeded

pkg: /system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101019_v10.1.

95.18_signed.apk

Success

Bluetooth fix

mkdir failed for /system/etc/bluez, File exists

failed on '/system/etc/bluecore6.psr' - No such file or directory

Making room for new files

rm failed for /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002, No such file or directory

rm failed for /system/etc/Dix, No such file or directory

Copying new files

push: files/data/app/placeholder -> /data/app/placeholder

push: files/data/app/Maps.apk -> /data/app/Maps.apk

push: files/system/app/YouTube.apk -> /system/app/YouTube.apk

push: files/system/app/VoiceSearch.apk -> /system/app/VoiceSearch.apk

push: files/system/app/Vending.apk -> /system/app/Vending.apk

push: files/system/app/Updater.apk -> /system/app/Updater.apk

push: files/system/app/Talk.apk -> /system/app/Talk.apk

push: files/system/app/Superuser.apk -> /system/app/Superuser.apk

push: files/system/app/Street.apk -> /system/app/Street.apk

push: files/system/app/SpareParts.apk -> /system/app/SpareParts.apk

push: files/system/app/QuickSearchBox.apk -> /system/app/QuickSearchBox.apk

push: files/system/app/NetworkLocation.apk -> /system/app/NetworkLocation.apk

push: files/system/app/MediaUploader.apk -> /system/app/MediaUploader.apk

push: files/system/app/MarketUpdater.apk -> /system/app/MarketUpdater.apk

push: files/system/app/Maps.apk -> /system/app/Maps.apk

push: files/system/app/GoogleServicesFramework.apk -> /system/app/GoogleServices

Framework.apk

push: files/system/app/GooglePartnerSetup.apk -> /system/app/GooglePartnerSetup.

apk

push: files/system/app/GoogleFeedback.apk -> /system/app/GoogleFeedback.apk

push: files/system/app/GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk -> /system/app/GoogleContac

tsSyncAdapter.apk

push: files/system/app/GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk -> /system/app/GoogleCalend

arSyncAdapter.apk

push: files/system/app/GoogleBackupTransport.apk -> /system/app/GoogleBackupTran

sport.apk

push: files/system/app/Gmail.apk -> /system/app/Gmail.apk

push: files/system/app/GenieWidget.apk -> /system/app/GenieWidget.apk

push: files/system/app/Contacts.apk -> /system/app/Contacts.apk

push: files/system/app/CheckinProvider.apk -> /system/app/CheckinProvider.apk

push: files/system/app/CarHomeLauncher.apk -> /system/app/CarHomeLauncher.apk

push: files/system/app/CarHomeGoogle.apk -> /system/app/CarHomeGoogle.apk

push: files/system/app/Calendar.apk -> /system/app/Calendar.apk

push: files/system/etc/bluez/bluecore6.psr -> /system/etc/bluez/bluecore6.psr

push: files/system/etc/permissions/platform.xml -> /system/etc/permissions/platf

orm.xml

push: files/system/etc/permissions/handheld_core_hardware.xml -> /system/etc/per

missions/handheld_core_hardware.xml

push: files/system/etc/permissions/features.xml -> /system/etc/permissions/featu

res.xml

push: files/system/etc/permissions/com.nvidia.graphics.xml -> /system/etc/permis

sions/com.nvidia.graphics.xml

push: files/system/etc/permissions/com.nvidia.display.xml -> /system/etc/permiss

ions/com.nvidia.display.xml

push: files/system/etc/permissions/com.google.android.maps.xml -> /system/etc/pe

rmissions/com.google.android.maps.xml

push: files/system/etc/permissions/android.software.live_wallpaper.xml -> /syste

m/etc/permissions/android.software.live_wallpaper.xml

push: files/system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.wifi.xml -> /system/etc/perm

issions/android.hardware.wifi.xml

push: files/system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml -

> /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml

push: files/system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.telephony.gsm.xml -> /system

/etc/permissions/android.hardware.telephony.gsm.xml

push: files/system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.sensor.proximity.xml -> /sys

tem/etc/permissions/android.hardware.sensor.proximity.xml

push: files/system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.sensor.light.xml -> /system/

etc/permissions/android.hardware.sensor.light.xml

push: files/system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.sensor.accelerometer.xml ->

/system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.sensor.accelerometer.xml

push: files/system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.location.xml -> /system/etc/

permissions/android.hardware.location.xml

push: files/system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.location.gps.xml -> /system/

etc/permissions/android.hardware.location.gps.xml

push: files/system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.camera.xml -> /system/etc/pe

rmissions/android.hardware.camera.xml

push: files/system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.camera.flash-autofocus.xml -

> /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.camera.flash-autofocus.xml

push: files/system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.camera.autofocus.xml -> /sys

tem/etc/permissions/android.hardware.camera.autofocus.xml

push: files/system/framework/com.google.android.maps.jar -> /system/framework/co

m.google.android.maps.jar

push: files/system/lib/libspeech.so -> /system/lib/libspeech.so

failed to copy 'files/system/lib/libspeech.so' to '/system/lib/libspeech.so': No

space left on device

Setting permissions

Error: Could not access the Package Manager. Is the system running?

Done, rebooting

No space left on device?! Yikes. Using Win 7 32bit for the install.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

N

Edited by newcube

Guest wimsloboy

hi newcube

I have exactly the same result as you do with the exact same readout. Also Skype not working.. try to input username/password and it just vanishes from screen though indicates still running... also no indication of the additional rom in the device about section.

Any ideas Paul

Guest Scanjet

I got the exact same info as newcube, but it all works fine, a little jumpy when downloading an app but apart from that its fine. Is this anything to worry about? I did make a mistake by clicking on the windows file directly rather then working through command prompt, will that cause a problem?

Scanjet

Guest English Haze
Could you tell me what the clockwork mod is please and how to do it??

At this stage, if you need to ask you probably don't need it. It's a method to boot the device to a sort of BIOS stage where you can control the system set up such as clearing caches and flashing custom ROM images. As there are none at this time it's not really necessary. The on main plus point is the availability of the backup/restore functions to take a backup image of your installation for later restore if things go belly up!

Guest wimsloboy

Hi Paul

Any info or guidance re the probs with prebake R4 would be appreciated. Had a look at the previous thread re clockwork mode but seems to be for R2 or I am possibly not reading it correctly!! But does seem a bit daunting!! Would it work if I were to reflash to 1.04 img then reflash with prebake R4. Its not a huge prob other than skype doesn't work cheers

Guest wimsloboy
R4 can be flashed using either clockworkmod or the 'old way'.

P

would it be possible for step by step instructions for the clockworkmod way... have downloaded the app from market as you suggested

thanks for your patience!!

Guest trebor63

Hi,

I seem to be having a bit of an odd occurance, after applying R4 on top of 1.04 when trying to enable usb debugging I now do not get the little green bug or the symbol next to it, the green tick is on but no further signs?

I am trying to establish the correct driver on a win7 64 bit machine after windows took control and installed the wrong driver, I can now see a Nvidia harmony device with the driver having a yellow tag on it, but because of the above problem it wont accept the correct driver Paul supplied. I think!

Guest Genieuk

I had a problem with Win7 64 bit, where even after uninstalling the old drivers and installing the ones supplied in Paul's update, it would still not appear in Device Manager as an Android Device, instead it kept showing up Nvidia harmony device.

So I just used my Win XP netbook and did it through that and it was fine.

Guest trebor63

Hi,

I have managed to use an old XP laptop to install R4 and I have found a windows fix to stop it automatically installing the wrong driver, I can sort out the driver problem eventually its just not being able to enter debug mode that has got me concerned.

Guest amarko5
Hi,

I have managed to use an old XP laptop to install R4 and I have found a windows fix to stop it automatically installing the wrong driver, I can sort out the driver problem eventually its just not being able to enter debug mode that has got me concerned.

debug mode is on the vega not the pc, you have to go into settings/application settings/development and tick usb debugging :-) i also have allow mock locations ticked :P

Guest trebor63

Sorry didn't make it clear, could go into USB debugging on the Vega with a little bug and USB symbol on the notification bar. But sometime after the R4 mod the function now makes the tick turns green but no symbols on the bar. So can it be in debug mode or not?

Guest amarko5
Sorry didn't make it clear, could go into USB debugging on the Vega with a little bug and USB symbol on the notification bar. But sometime after the R4 mod the function now makes the tick turns green but no symbols on the bar. So can it be in debug mode or not?

now then i cannot explain that one :P as mine works fine, i can only suggest going back to 1.04 and trying r4 again .

Guest jimreapee69

Well after much reading,fretting and worrying i finally had a go and installed this on my Vega and all i can say is WOW.

so a massive THANK YOU to paul as you really deserve it,you are a top man.

Guest welshblob
Ok so,

If i were to reinstall 1.04 then reaply r4 would I loose everything done so far on the device, downloaded apps set up etc?

Yes, but you could use titanium backup to back them up to the sd card first

Guest removed-14
Well after much reading,fretting and worrying i finally had a go and installed this on my Vega and all i can say is WOW.

so a massive THANK YOU to paul as you really deserve it,you are a top man.

I'm sure Paul wouldn't suggest this so I will. You could get a Modaco ad free subscription for £10 which would also say thanks :P

Guest trebor63

Hi Welsh,

I have backed everthing up in titanium to the card, I think I will wait untill r5 then if it wont install go back to 1.04 then do r5.

Will titanium restore all apps from the market if I buy the pro version? I tried as a test removing an app in the expectation I could go to titanium and restore it from the backup but it seems to have removed the backup as well?

Guest whatkatedoes

quick question, sorry if its been asked already - I've applied R4, do I have to do the vega update again to "cleanslate" the Vega before doing any further updates/performance pack, or can it be done in any state?

many thanks Paul for awesome work,

Kate

Guest removed-14

@Kate

I'm fairly certain you can just keep applying the updates. Only when a new Advent firmware comes out will we end up with a blank Vega again... using this method anyway.

EDIT: I've bought Titanium Backup so I can do this with little fuss. Might be worth you investing.

Edited by removed-14

Guest paulswift36
I had a problem with Win7 64 bit, where even after uninstalling the old drivers and installing the ones supplied in Paul's update, it would still not appear in Device Manager as an Android Device, instead it kept showing up Nvidia harmony device.

So I just used my Win XP netbook and did it through that and it was fine.

I'm using W7 64 bit without any trouble. I used the USB driver that is buried inside the R4 mod rather than the one from the myadvent web site. It adds USB support as Android Phone rather than a more generic USB driver and that seemed to make the difference. I can the same problem on XP anyway.