MoDaCo Custom r6 discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest swarrans
Sorry to be a nuisance but just got new Vega and want to update to 1.04 prior to adding add-on pack.

Tried to do the upgrade lite version from the myadventvega website and downloaded the image directly

to my vega "softwareImage_v1.04_Vega_Final.exe" then went to Software update on the Vega but it cannot see this

file?? Any tips, I know I could do this via the PC but did not want to end up messing about with different USB drivers.

Appreciate any useful pointers, thanks.

Follow the instructions on the pukka advent vega site - there are different instructions depending on whether the rom upgrade can be done via the lit method or the full connection to the pc - from memory i think the 1.04 one has to be done by connecting. In others words you can't make your own choice about which method you use it is diictated by the upgrade type - full or lite

Guest silverscoob
Follow the instructions on the pukka advent vega site - there are different instructions depending on whether the rom upgrade can be done via the lit method or the full connection to the pc - from memory i think the 1.04 one has to be done by connecting. In others words you can't make your own choice about which method you use it is diictated by the upgrade type - full or lite

Cheers, after a bit more messing around that's the conclusion I came to. The "Lite" upgrade process, downloading the file directly to the Vega, will not work with this 1.04 ".exe" needs to be a 1.04 ".zip" which does not exist. Thought it would be the better solution and avoid the issue over the differing USB drivers.

Think I'll do the 1.04 on my Vista PC and the R4 on my old XP laptop.

thanks taking the trouble to reply ;) .

Guest robquine

I may have sussed the problem I had with the installation of the ROM from the " kitchen " - which may help others

When you download the file it comes in a zip form - and you right click to extract all

However on my PC this did not in fact unzip everything :

Within the unzipped files is an " usb folder " which is still in zipped form - so you have to unzip again

When you have made sure all the files are unzipped - the process / instructions to install the ROM and performance pack worked OK

Hope this helps a least someone

So then folks what is the likelehood of a Gingerbread Mod now it is out or will that depend on Advent releasing one or us getting the source code?

Guest Genieuk

Well just joined and installed the Kitchen version with performance boost after using the standard R4 for about a week (I just installed it over standard r4). Will have to use if for a bit to see what kind of performance increase there is.

Did notice some graphics glitches now on Pool Break Pro.

Guest Ghost1986

Hi just wondering, will using this custom ROM void any warranty on the device? (not that its going to stop me using it)

Also what does the performance pack actually do to the vega? Overclock the cpu? Or some other tweak? JW

L

Guest Mattbisme123

am i doing something silly, i installed a r4 rom from the kitchen but im not getting any superuser prompts when doing anything that needs root privileges?

also VISIONary doesnt seem to do anything, i press the permroot button and nothing happens.

Thanks

Matt

Guest worto03
Think i've found a good way to fix the 'double keypress' oddness...

really? any more details - for me the only two problems I have with the Vega at the moment is the double pressing keyboard (only seems to be when plugged in for some reason) and the viewing angles in portrait. A fix for the keyboard would be great!

edit - ah found it now - you've called it touch events test fix - many thanks!

Thanks,

worto.

Edited by worto03

A new option 'Small Notification Bar / Touch Events Test Fix' is now available in the online kitchen... please discuss / feedback in this topic.

Note that although the test fix is bundled with the small notification bar, this is just for convenience. If it works well for everyone, i'll include it in the core pack.

P

Guest SilentMobius

Paul, any reason Maps.apk is being pushed to both system and data:

Copying new files

push: files/data/app/placeholder -> /data/app/placeholder

push: files/data/app/Maps.apk -> /data/app/Maps.apk

push: files/system/app/Maps.apk -> /system/app/Maps.apk

Also my system partition filled on my last flash, but that may be my fault.

Signing

If you are using ClockworkMod recovery, your ROM updates do not need to be signed. This means your ROM can be generated faster and with less load on the server. Only select the option below if you are using a recovery image (e.g. AmonRA's recovery) which requires a signed update zip.

can someone please tell me how to generate an update.zip that we can use to flash using clockwork?

I'm all Clockworkmodded/r4 custom ROM addon quite happily (after I managed to convince my Win7 x64 machine to actually load the correct driver...). I have a couple of questions:

1. Will the standard Vega install work with the drivers included in the custom ROM pack

2. I get an error when trying the following command in the batch file of the custom install pack:

N:\software\vega\modaco\r4-default>adb-windows.exe shell busybox --install -s /system/xbin

busybox: /system/xbin/ifplugd: Cannot allocate memory

busybox: /system/xbin/ifup: Cannot allocate memory

busybox: /system/xbin/inetd: Cannot allocate memory

... (lots of lines removed)

busybox: /system/xbin/zcat: Cannot allocate memory

busybox: /system/xbin/zcip: Cannot allocate memory
"adb shell"ing onto the tab and then doing df gives:
Andy@PAIN ~

$ adb shell

# df /system/

df /system/

/system/: 122496K total, 122496K used, 0K available (block size 4096)

#

# df

df

/dev: 223928K total, 0K used, 223928K available (block size 4096)

/mnt/asec: 223928K total, 0K used, 223928K available (block size 4096)

/system: 122496K total, 122496K used, 0K available (block size 4096)

/data: 338944K total, 71892K used, 267052K available (block size 4096)

/cache: 32768K total, 1160K used, 31608K available (block size 4096)

/misc: 2048K total, 1272K used, 776K available (block size 4096)

/mnt/sdcard: 3850240K total, 237952K used, 3612288K available (block size 32768)

/mnt/secure/asec: 3850240K total, 237952K used, 3612288K available (block size 32768)

/mnt/asec/org.xbmc.android.remote-1: 5200K total, 4016K used, 1184K available (block size 4096)

Everything else works perfectly and seems to be OK. Any idea why that would be?

Thanks....

Guest Zebrahead

Hey everyone! First MoDaCo post ^^

Just a quick question? I presume the "prebake" is the "default options, performance pack excluded" link? Is there any other differences between this and the generator from the kitchen below (aside for the performance pack exclusion)? ^^ - It seems by default the "Small Notification Bar + Touch Events Fix" is unchecked in the kitchen too.

And also, having examined the "prebake", is MarketUpdater.apk the Market app? I couldnt't see anything of the name Market alone.

Many thanks,

Zeb