MoDaCo Custom r6 discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Leeshue

Thanks for all the hard work, Paul.

However, my browser no longer plays flash files. The plug-ins are "on demand", but when i select the flash vid, the browser shuts down and i am returned to the home screen. I am on 1.04 with your custom add-ons.

Any ideas on what i need to do to get flash working again?

Cheers

Guest removed-14
Just paid the tenner for ad free and kitchen access but I can't seem to see where to actually access it.

Bit of a Newbie here.

Check the second post of the first page of this thread.

Guest removed-14
Thanks for all the hard work, Paul.

However, my browser no longer plays flash files. The plug-ins are "on demand", but when i select the flash vid, the browser shuts down and i am returned to

the home screen. I am on 1.04 with your custom add-ons.

Any ideas on what i need to do to get flash working again?

Cheers

Have you followed the instructions in the sticky post of this forum?

Edited by removed-14

I am still confused as to why every screen shot I see has a phone in it, even the home screen by default has a wifi button on screenshot its phone.

Will be loading this rom later today hopefully.

Guest removed-14
I am still confused as to why every screen shot I see has a phone in it, even the home screen by default has a wifi button on screenshot its phone.

Will be loading this rom later today hopefully.

Because Paul looks like he has hacked the Gingerbread launcher onto his Vega, hence the phone button. Don't worry about it... just ignore it.

Hi,

Just got my Vega and I have 48 hours to play with it until it gets wrapped up for christmas!

Anyway, I've installed the Custom ROM and got a load of 'busybox' messages:

busybox: /system/xbin/ifplugd: Cannot allocate memory

busybox: /system/xbin/ifup: Cannot allocate memory

busybox: /system/xbin/inetd: Cannot allocate memory

etc.

etc.

Everthing seems to be working OK.

Do I need to worry about these?

Thanks

Hi,

Just got my Vega and I have 48 hours to play with it until it gets wrapped up for christmas!

Anyway, I've installed the Custom ROM and got a load of 'busybox' messages:

busybox: /system/xbin/ifplugd: Cannot allocate memory

busybox: /system/xbin/ifup: Cannot allocate memory

busybox: /system/xbin/inetd: Cannot allocate memory

etc.

etc.

Everthing seems to be working OK.

Do I need to worry about these?

Thanks

Don't think you need to worry - it happened to me too - see post by me a page back. What's happening is the system partition is now full and it can't find space to put these files in. It does mean the command line commands that are being left out won't be usable (they're left out!!) but it depends what you consider this thing to be. Personally, I see it as a 10" touchscreen linux box which just happens to have an easy to use UI. When I get some time, I'm going to root around and see if I can get enough freed up to install them all.

Guest opti420sk

Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question but, why can't i download custom ROMs from the kitchen anymore? I am a premium member and I did it the first time, but gives me the "sorry you need to be a premium member to use the kitchen" thing on the second post where you are supposed to download it.

Any idea whats up with it?

Guest The Yellow Monster
Hi I am having problems seeing where to install the USB Android Developer Bridge Driver can anyone help please.

Go to device manager, delete the mass storage device that is your phone and the usb composite device.

Rescan for hardware if you get a device with Harmony in it's name then you've done it right, this is the device you upgrade the driver on.

Okay it was not being found on this system but another system found it fine.

All installed perfectly and I want to thank Paul for his work on this, makes this device far better. Finding it a lot easier to operate.

Edited by remlap

Guest griff_dai

Is there anything us who have to wait till Christmas can do to get around all these USB problems?

I am running a Win 7 64 bit Acer 5942G

I mean, for Christmas Day, I want the Vega out of the box and downloaded with the latest rom (after doing the offical update) before been dragged around all the relatives......

Guest Pantaloonie
Is there anything us who have to wait till Christmas can do to get around all these USB problems?

I am running a Win 7 64 bit Acer 5942G

I mean, for Christmas Day, I want the Vega out of the box and downloaded with the latest rom (after doing the offical update) before been dragged around all the relatives......

I'm using Win 7 64bit, managed to install the add-ons successfully, but only once I'd realised that the drivers in the usbdriver folder in the download were still zipped up - explains why I spent so long trying to update the driver. D'oh!

Guest griff_dai
I'm using Win 7 64bit, managed to install the add-ons successfully, but only once I'd realised that the drivers in the usbdriver folder in the download were still zipped up - explains why I spent so long trying to update the driver. D'oh!

So these mythical USB drivers have to be unzipped before doing the update? I take it there is a exe. file to run so that they install???

Her in doors is going to let me turn it on to make sure its working in a bit (she's a tease) ;)

I think if you install the drivers from MoCaDo and don't touch the standard Vega drivers, you'll get everything to work out of the box. I can both standard update and mod update with the same driver. The USB/disk drivers are standard M$, the only one that isn't is the Harmony one...

Guest griff_dai
I think if you install the drivers from MoCaDo and don't touch the standard Vega drivers, you'll get everything to work out of the box. I can both standard update and mod update with the same driver. The USB/disk drivers are standard M$, the only one that isn't is the Harmony one...

So your saying DO NOT download the drivers from the VEGA official site, instead just download the pre-bake (look at me using these terms ;) ) unzip the modaco drivers and install them I should be fine.

What is the Harmony one??

Are the drivers exe. files ? (as I don't know how to do it otherwise)

Guest Pantaloonie

Just follow the instructions in the first post re using device manager to install the driver, but after you unzip the files downloaded from the kitchen, go to the usbdriver folder and unzip the file there. Then it will work.

Guest griff_dai
Just follow the instructions in the first post re using device manager to install the driver, but after you unzip the files downloaded from the kitchen, go to the usbdriver folder and unzip the file there. Then it will work.

come again ;)

Guest Pantaloonie

Yeah, sorry... re-reading that, it does look like drivel.

Let me try again.

You use the kitchen to put together the addons you want.

Then you download the file. It is a zip file - so you unzip it.

The unzipped files consist of four folders and a bunch of other files. One of the folders, usbdriver, contains the needed drivers but in a zip file, so you need to unzip it so Windows can find the driver when you browse to the folder.

Simples.?

Edited by Pantaloonie