MoDaCo Custom r6 discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

i've just tried all that on my laptop, but exactly the same problem.

When i try to run 'install-windows.bat' in the CMD prompt I get the same CMD window as I showed before. The cursor just flashes, but nothing happens.

Could it be a problem with any of the previous steps?

I have updated to Android 1.04 (off my vega website)

Downloaded files from "kitchen"

I've installed android-developer-bridge driver

I'm a bit stuck now.......

Guest swarrans

When i try to run 'install-windows.bat' in the CMD prompt I get the same CMD window as I showed before. The cursor just flashes, but nothing happens.

You have enabled usb debugging on the vega haven't you? After that I'm stumped!

Guest removed-14

But the first line of the batch file just prints a message. It isn't even doing that!!!

Guest Cwmdu86
But the first line of the batch file just prints a message. It isn't even doing that!!!

I think mine was doing the same until I rebooted the PC. Worked first time then. Does adb-windows.exe devices show anything?

I think mine was doing the same until I rebooted the PC. Worked first time then. Does adb-windows.exe devices show anything?

Yes its on debugging (little bug shown top left)

will try a reboot.

Guest The Yellow Monster

will try a reboot.

Make sure that none of the exe files are blocked by Windows, check by going to the file's properites and ensure there is not a button that say "unblock" if there is, click it.

will try a reboot.

seem to have got a little further after restarting vega + PC, now just getting this:

rom3.jpg

Edited by Gregga

Guest swarrans
seem to have got a little further after restarting vega + PC, now just getting this:

rom3.jpg

That is the classic sign of the driver not being correct, so i would go back and force device manager to install the downloaded driver again - you never know it might even work this time!

ALL DONE!!!!

after restarting my PC several times and doing the exact same steps as before it has sorted its self

thanks for all your help!

willing to help any others

All is great, just following the instructions, I could manage it for the first time

Thanks Paul.

One question: Gallery 3D has picasa support, and it should integrate into the google account, in order to access it. I cant manage it to work. G 3d only offers me to use with a new google account, and not with the one I configured already. Any ideas, or anyone managed it to work somehow?

THANKS

Guest landofhopeandglory

gregga,

I would like to take you up on your kind offer of help.Here is what I have done so far:

1, Flashed all 3 Vega's with 1.04 from the vega site link.

2, Found the USB file and unzipped and renamed it into a file on my desktop.

3, Typed in RUN, then CMD to get a command window up.

4, Tried to type in the path/link to my file on the desktop were my newlynamed and unzipped USB driver sits but as you can see below my commands do not get accepted.

I note after C:TONY a > has been put in automaticaly by windows with the flashing curser after, yet my file folder destination were my Unzipped USB driver is named TONY\ ....does that matter as i cant alter the ">" windows as already put in!

I have my advent in debugged mode and switched it into recovery mode and that is as far as I can get.

I would greatly appreciate any help you can give.

I have found Device Manager on my laptop which still says mass storage device and usb composite device with the vega plugged in.....

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]

Copyright © 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\TONY>Documents\UNZIPPED

'Documents\UNZIPPED' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\TONY>\Documents\UNZIPPED

The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Users\TONY>

PS Pauls instructions say "If you are using Windows, your USB 'Android Developer Bridge' driver MUST be the one included in this download (use 'Have Disk' functionality in device manager to change if required)"........were do I find the Android Developer Bridge ?

Edited by landofhopeandglory

Guest TylerDurdenK

You don't apply the driver via command prompt.

Here's what you should do.

Make sure usb debugging is on on the Vega - Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging

Then plug it in to the USB of your PC.

Right Click "My Computer, select "Manage", then Device Manger.

From this screen you should be able to see your Vega somewhere in the lists, you might need to unplug it and plug it back in to find out which it is.

Then you need to double click it, then opt to update the driver. Then browse to your unzipped files.

Hope that helps.

Guest swarrans

Edit: posted slightly after TylerDurdenK and we may be talking about different operating systems, but essentially the same advice - There's between 3 to 4 things potentially wrong so far!

1. The cursor bit > is OK once you are in cmd, but not in the paths you show - you do need to get the cmd to look at the correct directory when you run the install-windows.bat file but AFTER you have got the driver and vega correctly set up - so if you downloaded the usb drivers and install-windows file to c:\Tony that's OK

2. You don't need to rename the usb driver, just unzip it and point Device Manager to it (I suspect this hasn't worked - see item 3)

3. You need to see something that says Android Developer Bridge in Device Manager or Android Phone (I forget exactly what and I'm not at my PC, but look back in this thread and others) - THEN you need to force Device Manager to replace the driver with what you downloaded by uninstalling the driver and then telling it where to find the one you downloaded

4. The Vega needs to be in debugging mode (not debuggered mode - Freudian slip?!) but NOT into Recovery mode - just plug it in with the power on as normal (this is different from when you did the 1.04 upgrade - forget that now!)

Edited by swarrans

Guest landofhopeandglory
You don't apply the driver via command prompt.

Here's what you should do.

Make sure usb debugging is on on the Vega - Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging

Then plug it in to the USB of your PC.

Right Click "My Computer, select "Manage", then Device Manger.

From this screen you should be able to see your Vega somewhere in the lists, you might need to unplug it and plug it back in to find out which it is.

Then you need to double click it, then opt to update the driver. Then browse to your unzipped files.

Hope that helps.

Tyler,

Thanks. Did everything you said but when I click to replace the driver windows says "you already have the latest driver installed" so will not replace with mine!

Guest landofhopeandglory
Edit: posted slightly after TylerDurdenK and we may be talking about different operating systems, but essentially the same advice - There's between 3 to 4 things potentially wrong so far!

1. The cursor bit > is OK once you are in cmd, but not in the paths you show - you do need to get the cmd to look at the correct directory when you run the install-windows.bat file but AFTER you have got the driver and vega correctly set up - so if you downloaded the usb drivers and install-windows file to c:\Tony that's OK

2. You don't need to rename the usb driver, just unzip it and point Device Manager to it (I suspect this hasn't worked - see item 3)

3. You need to see something that says Android Developer Bridge in Device Manager or Android Phone (I forget exactly what and I'm not at my PC, but look back in this thread and others) - THEN you need to force Device Manager to replace the driver with what you downloaded by uninstalling the driver and then telling it where to find the one you downloaded

4. The Vega needs to be in debugging mode (not debuggered mode - Freudian slip?!) but NOT into Recovery mode - just plug it in with the power on as normal (this is different from when you did the 1.04 upgrade - forget that now!)

swarrens,

Again thanks for the help.

I am indeed missing the Android Developer Bridge in Device Manager. It says NVIDIA TEGRA 2 USB Device.

I shall start once again to read through from start to finish this thread to try and find ADB or at least a link and how to, to it!

EDIT:

Uninstalled NVIDIA TEGRA 2 and the Mass storage in Device manager and scanned my PC for hardware changes.

Soon as I did that windows insisted on re-installing its own device drivers again ,,,,grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Trying so many things the vega I am useing is looking second hand...hope the youngest doesn't notice on Xma day!

Edited by landofhopeandglory

Guest griff_dai
swarrens,

Again thanks for the help.

I am indeed missing the Android Developer Bridge in Device Manager. It says NVIDIA TEGRA 2 USB Device.

I shall start once again to read through from start to finish this thread to try and find ADB or at least a link and how to, to it!

EDIT:

Uninstalled NVIDIA TEGRA 2 and the Mass storage in Device manager and scanned my PC for hardware changes.

Soon as I did that windows insisted on re-installing its own device drivers again ,,,,grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Trying so many things the vega I am useing is looking second hand...hope the youngest doesn't notice on Xma day!

Don't panic, i'm sure someone will talk you through this......

Guest marky444

Used mine as stock since Monday, have now upgraded to Paul's mod last night, only took 1PC, 1 Laptop and a net book but managed it eventually. Best thing I have ever done, turned a fairly good machine into the one that I wanted, well worth the subscription. Many Thanks Paul. :) :)

Edited by marky444

Guest swarrans

I don't know what version of windows you have, but you're nearly there! After you have deleted the existing driver and tell device manager to install the new one you must not use the default settings because it will install the same driver (as you found out). There will be an option that says something like "i have aa disc" or an option to tell it where to find the driver you want to install - point it to the directory at that point.

I'm sorry these aren't very precise instructions as I'm not in front of a pc - but either someone else will give you better ones or i will look later.

Actually i want to put the latest changes paul has made on mine so i will have to through it again as it always loses the driver on my machine on each update - oh joy!

Guest The Yellow Monster

Uninstall the Tegra AND usb composite device then scan for hardware changes, a Harmony device should appear, if it doesn't then you have gone wrong. The harmony is the device you change the driver on.

I had these problems aswell. I went through the steps to reinstall drivers many times so I couldnt give a definitive way to repeat my success. I can remember having to make sure they vega hadnt gone to sleep during part of the process. Hope this helps as I got there in the end and I cant say enough how worth it it is. My thanks to Paul, I signed to ad free- well worth it.