MoDaCo Custom r6 discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Oops.. :)

I only have the small bar because it has some improvements for the touchscreen. It would seem sensible to include this in the performance pack rather than the small bar pack (as it is, after all, a performance improvement).

Guest NDroidB
There is actually a prebake with the normal bar and a prebake with the small bar now. :)

Please stay on topic!

P

Thanks for clearing that up Paul - Promise to stay on topic now.

My original question was that I was testing the water with all this Vega stuff by installing the Smallbar prebake last night, but the bar did not seem any smaller? I was wondering if it was just me or if there might be an issue with the prebake.

I did not have a problem with the update process other than the cmd window had an entry in the list that there was no space left on the device (which means absolutley zilch to me).

Some constructive help and guidance for an absolute novice would be much appreciated.

Guest dimben1

Bonjour

j'ai un gros soucy , j'ai formater mon phone depuis mon PC et depuis je ne peut plus utiliser "rom manager" , il me dit "don't found adb"

aidez moi s'il vous plait

Hello

I have a big soucy, I format my phone from my PC and since I can no longer use "Roma manager", he said "do not found adb"

help me please

Hmmm, strange, is anyone else using the small bar prebake successfully?

P

Certainly the 1.04 prebake without the small bar had similar space issues. It would run out of space whilst busybox was installing.

Guest dimben1
Bonjour

j'ai un gros soucy , j'ai formater mon phone depuis mon PC et depuis je ne peut plus utiliser "rom manager" , il me dit "don't found adb"

aidez moi s'il vous plait

Hello

I have a big soucy, I format my phone from my PC and since I can no longer use "Roma manager", he said "do not found adb"

help me please

not found adb

Guest warriorscot

I couldn't get that prebake to work at all work finally decided to get the adfree and it is worth it is a big performance.

It seemed to just not have it work it might be worth rebaking it and then reupload it because its probably something daft like the two prebakes being the same.

Guest marky444

Must be getting better at this, the second upgrade didn't take very long at all. Really loving the small task bar many thanks again for putting this out there for us, if anyone is wondering if the subscription is worth it, it IS. :)

Guest silverscoob

Just did both my kids Vegas tonight, nice and smooth. I decided to load up new Advent 1.06.5 image on one Vista PC and the baked rom on my XP laptop so as to avoid hassles with drivers. Great upgrade and worth the 9.99.

Just keep\looking at my Galaxy S now and wondering whether to bang a new rom in that also but thats for a differnt forum.

cheers and keep up the great work.

Guest DirtyVega

Got my Vega today....upgraded my membership....and struggled for about an hour getting the upgrade to work....glad a stuck with it.....1 word Awesome...

Thanks to everyone on this topic, spent 20minutes reading through all the posts and cracked it.

Guest landofhopeandglory
Just did both my kids Vegas tonight, nice and smooth. I decided to load up new Advent 1.06.5 image on one Vista PC and the baked rom on my XP laptop so as to avoid hassles with drivers. Great upgrade and worth the 9.99.

Just keep\looking at my Galaxy S now and wondering whether to bang a new rom in that also but thats for a differnt forum.

cheers and keep up the great work.

Silverscoob,

Would you mind a slow step by step guide on how you did it and what, if any differance you had to endure between the Vista way and Xp?

So many peeps have done it so many ways yet I try to copy them to no avail.I have a feeling its from the part were I have loaded the Paul USB driver but am not following or understanding the CMD or windows-install.bat part.

Do I instigate opening a DOS window by start/run/?

What should it already say, if anything in the DOS window when it first opens?

What do I need to type into the window?

What do I do with my Baked file while/when I am doing this?

Last but not least, what does "force stop" mean/do on most of my app when I press them on the Vega as it stands?

Sorry for the long list of questions but any help would be very much appreciated.

Silverscoob,

Would you mind a slow step by step guide on how you did it and what, if any differance you had to endure between the Vista way and Xp?

So many peeps have done it so many ways yet I try to copy them to no avail.I have a feeling its from the part were I have loaded the Paul USB driver but am not following or understanding the CMD or windows-install.bat part.

Last but not least, what does "force stop" mean/do on most of my app when I press them on the Vega as it stands?

Sorry for the long list of questions but any help would be very much appreciated.

If you have updated with Pauls USB Drivers just go to the downloaded ROM folder where you will see windows-install.bat. Double click and it should open the CMD and auto install but you must make sure that you have debugging turned on, on the Vega.

Guest simonta
Nope you don't

Did not say you did!

Microsoft disagrees with that. It assumes that it is storage (don't ask me why ask Bill!)

Thats why you have to change things through the USB connection icon and select USB Mass Storage Device

B***dy Microsoft never works just as you thought it should.

Good luck

Nothing to do with Microsoft who often get the blame for something that is not in their control. The device driver INF gets to decide what class of device it is. I don't know enough about INF structures but someone who did could change this to some other class, even to appear as "Advent Vega". Any DD devs on this thread?

Guest stevesilk51
Hi Paul,

I've had my Vega now for 30 mins :-) I've updated it and now want all the rest of the goodies. As a previous Folio owner i can confirm this looks much better so far...

I've downloaded, unpacked and started to install....

I've got 2 process adb-windows.exe running and this in my command prompt:

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

I have a small beatle? symbol on my Vega but nothing else happens.... How long should i wait for the reboot?

I've tried to manually run "adb-windows.exe wait-for-device"

but this is just hanging so i'm guessing its a driver problem for adb-windows.exe. I dont see it in device manager listed under anything.

Any ideas where the device driver is added?

Thanks

Jason

Have exactly the same problem, ran install-windows.bat from command prompt win 7 64bit) Any ideas? have successfully updated to latest from myadventvega

Guest swarrans
Silverscoob,

A number of us have tried to help you and the "so many ways" are merely subtle differences (eg double clicking on the install-windows.bat file versus opening a cmd window and running the file from there amounts to the same thing, but IMHO it's better doing it from cmd). I take it you either didn't understand my posting in reply to your earlier question or didn't try it?

1. Have you got the drivers right yet? Tell us what it says in Device Manager under "Android Device"

2. Bake your file and then download them and their directories to somewhere easy to find like C:\Advent

3. Connect the Vega to your PC and enable USB debugging

4. Open a cmd prompt (Start/Run/then type cmd)

5. Change the directory to where you downloaded the upgrade files (perhaps C;\Advent if you have taken my advice!)

6. Type install-windows.bat and it will start the process IF you have the right drivers and IF you are in the right directory

Have exactly the same problem, ran install-windows.bat from command prompt win 7 64bit) Any ideas? have successfully updated to latest from myadventvega

Hi,

I always run the command prompt as admin in my Win 7 64 - right click the Command Prompt program on the start menu and select "Run As Administrator"

Might help?

Guest silverscoob
Silverscoob,

Will knock something up.

Just to confirm have you got your Vega upto 1.06.5?

Guest greenie-uk
Hi,

I always run the command prompt as admin in my Win 7 64 - right click the Command Prompt program on the start menu and select "Run As Administrator"

Might help?

How did you get win 7. 64bit working, I couldn't get it to play nice with adb and had to use a vista 32 machine

Thanks Paul, you're a legend.

I have one little problem:

Gallery 3D has Picasa support, and it should integrate into the google account, in order to access it. I cant manage it to work. Gallery 3D only offers me to use with a new google account, and not with the one I configured already.

Does it work for anyone? Is there a solution, or workaround?

THANKS in advance

Guest warriorscot

For some reason for need win7 x64 just wouldn't do adb until I moved a copy of the cmd.exe into my rom folder and ran it in there as admin. Before that I had tried everything to get it to run without success but once it had ran once it worked all the time afterwards. It was overall pretty random and it was probably a combination of things in the end even the tools from the sdk that wouldn't run before worked.

The drivers needed uninstalled completey in order to be replaced for need properly if that helps anyone.

Guest i_satan

I had windows-driver problems last night. Got into a muddle for about an hour. Eventually installed Paul's ROM. However I ran out of space ... got these messages.

failed to copy 'files/system/lotsofstuff' to '/system/lotsofstuff': No space left on device

failed to copy 'files/system/lotsofstuff' to '/system/lotsofstuff': No space left on device

Setting permissions

Error: Could not access the Package Manager. Is the system running?

Done, rebooting

Note - the 'lotsofstuff' isn't literal, I didn't capture my exact errors at the time.

As a result the calendar app isn't in there - so I think I should re-do it.

Can someone advise what I should do now ? I'd like to try again so I get a clean install. However do I need to clean anything up before I revert to standard ROM and re-install Paul's ROM ?

I'm not sure why my device ran out space - maybe it was from 'trying things' during my windows-driver-muddle-hour. There are a few examples of this problem on this thread.

Satan thanks you in advance for your help.

Guest gingercat
I had windows-driver problems last night. Got into a muddle for about an hour. Eventually installed Paul's ROM. However I ran out of space ... got these messages.

Setting permissions

Error: Could not access the Package Manager. Is the system running?

Done, rebooting

Note - the 'lotsofstuff' isn't literal, I didn't capture my exact errors at the time.

As a result the calendar app isn't in there - so I think I should re-do it.

Can someone advise what I should do now ? I'd like to try again so I get a clean install. However do I need to clean anything up before I revert to standard ROM and re-install Paul's ROM ?

I'm not sure why my device ran out space - maybe it was from 'trying things' during my windows-driver-muddle-hour. There are a few examples of this problem on this thread.

Satan thanks you in advance for your help.

I'd suggest doing a full reflash of the latest official ROM using the full recovery method from the myadventvega site, then upgrade to Paul's excellent ROM. You don't need to wipe first, the full recovery flash does that for you.

Guest i_satan
I'd suggest doing a full reflash of the latest official ROM using the full recovery method from the myadventvega site, then upgrade to Paul's excellent ROM. You don't need to wipe first, the full recovery flash does that for you.

Thank you GC. I will try that tonight.