MoDaCo Custom r6 discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest tech_fox
I have the same problem. When I first connected my Vega, it automatically installed some connectivity software that allowed me to browse folders on the Vega from my windows 7 PC. I guess this has installed a usb driver that is not compatible with the ROM update. Any idea how I locate and update this usb driver, I cant seem to find it using device manager?

Dave

In essence there are three sets of drivers:-

1) The drivers that (if all gooes well!) normally install automatically when you connect the Vega (in a normal running state) to a PC. These allow you to browse the folders on the Vega provided the Vega "Turn on Storage" option is chosen.

2) Driver(s) (from myadventvega) that have to be installed to flash the Vega ROM (latest 1.06.5).

3) Pauls Driver from the MCR download that are necessary to install the MCR. This tends to be the most troublesome but there is now plenty of information around albeit unfortunately rather scattered to solve these problems. Look at the step by step guides, arad85's USB driver topic and if you can find them my posts in those topics and post number 580 on page 29 of this topic if all else fails. Between these you should be able to get things going. The quote shown in your post indicates this driver (or associated driver) has not installed correctly.

All these drivers can co-exist on the PC but are not necessarily active at the same time.

I assume you are trying to install the MCR. It would be helpful to know exactly what new devices appear in your Device Manager when you connect the Vega whilst in "USB Debug Mode".

Let us know how you get on.

Edited by tech_fox

Guest apprenticechump

Thanks Paul. You are a genius!

I have upgraded to R6 on the Vega, all USB drivers working fine on windows 7 64.

I will definately upgrade my account for all your hard work and get the performance pack to boot.

Dave

Hi,

I am new to the forum and recently new to the Vega.

I have downloaded the last two versions of Paul's ROM Add-ons and, like many others, have been so impressed that I have upgraded to get the performance package. This has been funded by the £10 off voucher for the case found elsewhere in the forum.

One small installation issue that I have had is that flash doesn't seem work after the first installation of the add-on. Installing it again fixes the problem every time.

It may well be that I am doing something wrong (installing the USB drivers was a bit of trial and error) but I raise it as I am sure that a number of people will, like me, find their way here looking for a solution to the lack of flash capability on the current batch of Vegas. Don't be put off if it doesn't work straight away. The add-ons are excellent, and the performance pack well worth it.

Thanks to all of you for the advice received from the forum and to Paul in particular for his excellent work.

Ben

Upgrade to R6 + PP and all working well.

Standalone USB switcher made the browser and home screens scrolling appear jerky in "Host Mode". Installing via R6 appears to remove the problem.

I just needed to reinstall my custom boot screen and re-update the ad_hoc wpa_supplicant ( as mentioned above )

A couple of questions

1) Is it safe to "rm" CarHomeGoogle.apk and CarHomeLauncher.apk from /system/app after remounting, if I decide that I no longer want them?

2) How does the wpa_supplicant in the performance pack differ from the stock one, am I loosing anything by replacing it with the ad_hoc enabled version?

Cheers

Standalone USB switcher made the browser and home screens scrolling appear jerky in "Host Mode". Installing via R6 appears to remove the problem.

Hmmm spoke too soon, when in host mode after resuming from standby performance is affected, live wall paper, scrolling the home screen and in browser are very jerky and operating the lock screen pattern is painful.

The same functions in slave mode are fine.

Guest tailzer

whilst trying to get the full screen working i managed to screw my vega up so it just hanged at the booting.... screen.

reflashed back to stock with exe from myadvent site (pain as i only run linux - had to dig an old windows machine out), fine back to out of box

d/l a r6 from kitchen with all ticked except windows drivers and an uploaded zip containing the framework.jar for full screen notifications.

install-linux.sh ran fine apart from an error at end saying busybox permission change failed - read only, reboots and hangs where desktop should be with process "system" has stoped working - force close or wait. neither work!

blatted back to stock again and d/l a r6 with all options except win drivers again but without my uploaded zip. same problem....

help please!!!

Guest emergant
whilst trying to get the full screen working i managed to screw my vega up so it just hanged at the booting.... screen.

reflashed back to stock with exe from myadvent site (pain as i only run linux - had to dig an old windows machine out), fine back to out of box

d/l a r6 from kitchen with all ticked except windows drivers and an uploaded zip containing the framework.jar for full screen notifications.

install-linux.sh ran fine apart from an error at end saying busybox permission change failed - read only, reboots and hangs where desktop should be with process "system" has stoped working - force close or wait. neither work!

blatted back to stock again and d/l a r6 with all options except win drivers again but without my uploaded zip. same problem....

help please!!!

So the last time, you modified nothing but left out the windows drivers? If so, I'd leave them in

Guest godinandroid

Installed the latest rom and performance pack, very pleased so far thanks paul.

Its definitely getting more polished each time, I wonder what 2011 will bring!

Guest LukePardoe

Finally got mine to work thanks to techfox's post on page 29! many thanks! made my vega what it should have been from the factory in my opinion! thanks paul and co also!

Guest alfie250

Just got everything to wprk like what i would of liked form buying the machine in the first however thats another story.... got the tablet to work in host mode for the usb however it doesnt seem to pick up any hard drive can anyone point me in the right direction i have used both NTFS and FAT 32 format how ever still no look the hard drive powers up but when i go into i file manager it isnt on the at all is it something im doing wrong is it possible as i wanna watch films off the hard drive so im no limited to 4gd sd card ....

many thanks

Alfie

Guest alfie250
FAT32 I think

thanks vey much mate just tried both systems and neither are being picked up by the tablet on ifile manager beginning to thisk it isnt posible to view files from an extenal

l source

Hi all, now installed in my pov Mobii this custom ROM, I had installed the version 1.07 of pov and could do tethering with my nokia 5800 and the program JoikuSpot without password (if you put wep key is not able to connect), the custom ROM update this all works well unless the wifi connection with JoikuSpot is not able to connect.

Perhaps these data would help the gurus to debug this magnificent work.

Thanks

Guest rpmccormick

Thanks for the great work Paul. R6 is working awesome. Here are the bugs I have ran in to...

FEEDBACK report:

R6 installed on clean flash + clockworkmod(R2) = No Root for Apps.

R6 installed on clean flash via windows .bat = SuperUser app works properly.

USB Mode switch application does not reboot (and does not seem to do anything).

AngryBirds still locks up sometimes (less often though).

When trying to mod the boot-image by pushing the resource file, it says there is not enough space (even if you delete ringtones). Once, I got it to successfully push after booting in to recovery, but then the system didn't boot and I had to start all over.

Only other issues with tablet:

Cannot connect to WEP hotspots (limitation of Android I believe)

WiFi reliability (at ~8m) on-par with my G1 android phone, but much worse then any laptop. Only occasional drop outs though, but you have to carry it closer and toggle WiFi to have it reconnect.

This is a great tablet though and the work being done here is very much appreciated. The G2 and Dell Streak load web pages WAY slower then this.

Guest rvdgeer
will this rom work for the amico?

And will it upgrade the display to 10 inch?

:unsure:

Sorry, but it looks like you need to do some reading on ROM flashing first...

It's really not safe to do any of this if you're not really sure what you're doing...

No its a completely different device

That's the only correct answer to this question.

Guest fudgeboy
Is the battery level reporting problem a problem with r6 or the performance pack?

I'm not certain what the problem is you're referring to, but I'm certainly getting weird behaviour. Earlier, the battery reached 61%, and I powered off and on again straight away, and it had dropped to 21%. Pretty sure a power cycle isn't supposed to eat 40% of the battery!

It's also giving very disappointing power drain when it's on standby.

Guest Mr.Nike
Thanks for the great work Paul. R6 is working awesome. Here are the bugs I have ran in to...

FEEDBACK report:

USB Mode switch application does not reboot (and does not seem to do anything).

This is a great tablet though and the work being done here is very much appreciated. The G2 and Dell Streak load web pages WAY slower then this.

I have the same...

USB switch just doesn't do anything. It just keep saying please wait to reload (or something like that) but it never happens..

Anyone with a solution?

Thanks

Guest mad.dog
I have the same...

USB switch just doesn't do anything. It just keep saying please wait to reload (or something like that) but it never happens..

Anyone with a solution?

Thanks

Re-install with the manual APK posted on here somewhere

That's what I did to fix mine

Guest ashbash
I'm not certain what the problem is you're referring to, but I'm certainly getting weird behaviour. Earlier, the battery reached 61%, and I powered off and on again straight away, and it had dropped to 21%. Pretty sure a power cycle isn't supposed to eat 40% of the battery!

It's also giving very disappointing power drain when it's on standby.

Not sure if this helps ... but I am still running r5 and last night (for the first time) my vega died and the last time I had looked the battery said 21%. Normally this would take a while to get through but it did not last long or give any low battery warning like normal, just black screen. Tried to turn back on but red light and would not come on again without a charge up.

... I really hope we are not starting to find battery faults already ..... :unsure: