MoDaCo Custom r6 discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest chong168
Not sure if this helps ... but I am still running r5 and last night (for the first time) my vega died and the last time I had looked the battery said 21%. Normally this would take a while to get through but it did not last long or give any low battery warning like normal, just black screen. Tried to turn back on but red light and would not come on again without a charge up.

... I really hope we are not starting to find battery faults already ..... :unsure:

Is the battery indicator accurate? I left mine on charge when it was at 80%. Left it for over an hour and returned to see it was at 81%. Tried to refresh the thing by opening a few apps and then the indicator changed to 100%.

Guest ashbash
Is the battery indicator accurate? I left mine on charge when it was at 80%. Left it for over an hour and returned to see it was at 81%. Tried to refresh the thing by opening a few apps and then the indicator changed to 100%.

Yeh i have noticed that behaviour before, the battery indicator is a bit slow at refreshing after the vega has been asleep .... howver in normal use it seems to update ok for me atleast .... ?

Guest simonta
http://www.ecrater.co.uk/p/9981823/7-inch-...nts-multi-touch

on here is a screenshot of this tablet and i would like to see it in this rom :unsure: just being able to go into the menu to change usb modes im sure you can do it

It is probably possible but because of the way Android and the Vega set up the USB port, it won't be possible until Advent release the source for the kernel - which we think is a couple of weeks away (no quotes now). Once the kernel source is released, there will be a blizzard of new stuff, fixes, custom ROMs etc but until then, we're probably stuck with the reboot.

Guest ashbash
Yeh i have noticed that behaviour before, the battery indicator is a bit slow at refreshing after the vega has been asleep .... howver in normal use it seems to update ok for me atleast .... ?

Just restarted my vega to find it dropped from 50% to 21% during .... hmm i think you are right about the battery indicator not updating! :unsure:

Guest gws999

Hi everybody still having problems with my vega and still getting " Sorry! Process system is not responding ( underneath ) force close or wait " has anyone got the vega to reboot

Guest Restless_UK

Installed the r6 + performance pack, very pleased... unfortunatly my internet is broken until BT fix it so wont be able to test much more now til tomorrow when i bring it into work... currently using my desire as a wifi hotspot and haven't tried setting up adhoc connections or via usb teathering... anyways.. off to play some more.... Thanks Paul for your work in make this device much more functional.

Guest unisoft
Just updated to r6 with pp and small bar, no problems with flash player on bbc iplayer and didn't have ti reinstall anything. Thank you paul for all the work :unsure: , makes the vega a brilliant tablet, many many thanks.

I agree, I decided not to use Windows 7 x64 just in case of driver issues, so I used Windows 7 x86 [plus all updates]. Had a clean install of the USB drivers [Paul's NOT Advent] with Windows Update disabled for driver searching. Then I opened a Command Prompt as Administrator and ran the install-windows BAT file. I am also completely knew to Android, I normally reflash Windows Mobile devices.

The only issue I have had is with Flash, I had to go into the File Manager and double click the APK file to re-install. BBC iPlayer was fine after that.

The Vega is like a completely different device, the screen keyboard is faster without lag and more accurate, the whole thing whizzes along. I bought this as an Xmas present (well one of them) and was seriously peeved when it was first looked at as it wasn't as good as my iPad and had little use other than Internet as few Google Apps and no Market Place. I knew Advent were releasing Flash support later but no Market Place was like a lead balloon !

Paul, your work is excellent, I hope we can get some Andrioid 3.0 love later in the year too B) Hope you don't give up on this device as you have made this one rock and the £9.99 was well worth it !

Hi Paul,

I've had my Vega now for 30 mins :-) I've updated it and now want all the rest of the goodies. As a previous Folio owner i can confirm this looks much better so far...

I've downloaded, unpacked and started to install....

I've got 2 process adb-windows.exe running and this in my command prompt:

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

I have a small beatle? symbol on my Vega but nothing else happens.... How long should i wait for the reboot?

I've tried to manually run "adb-windows.exe wait-for-device"

but this is just hanging so i'm guessing its a driver problem for adb-windows.exe. I dont see it in device manager listed under anything.

Any ideas where the device driver is added?

Thanks

Jason

Hi I have exactly the same problem ... and NB it is running from a ubuntu linix machine ...any solutions please

Guest rvdgeer
Hi I have exactly the same problem ... and NB it is running from a ubuntu linix machine ...any solutions please

Please search before posting...

This has been discussed and documented many times...

You can start by reading the step by step update guide...

You find the link in my signature...

Guest gws999

Tried to install R6 again and tried others R5, R4 and getting this message

Remounting System Partition

Remount Succeeded

1302 kb/s (4544329 bytes in 3.4069s)

pkg:/data/local/tmp/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101206_v10.1.120.1_signed.apk

and get same type of message when i try to install others and when it use to update the vega now nothing happens after that comes up

Edited by gws999

Guest rvdgeer
Tried to install R6 again and tried others R5, R4 and getting this message

Remounting System Partition

Remount Succeeded

1302 kb/s (4544329 bytes in 3.4069s)

pkg:/data/local/tmp/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101206_v10.1.120.1_signed.apk

and get same type of message when i try to install others and when it use to update the vega now nothing happens

Are you sure it's finished after the last message?

Looks like you're a little impatient...

Restart and wait for it to finish and reboot the device...

Should be done in well under 5 minutes...

Guest YorkieUK

Flashed to R6 no problems (just like before) but the USB host mode isnt working for me. I select USB Host, I get the screen saying "switching USB mode your device will reboot shortly" but the screen remains with the little "thinking" circle icon on the taskbar. I have left it for some considerable time and it does not reboot. Tried forcing a reboot but it does not change the USB mode. I have tried it with both USB debugging on and off.

Anyone got any ideas?

:unsure:

Guest gws999
Are you sure it's finished after the last message?

Looks like you're a little impatient...

Restart and wait for it to finish and reboot the device...

Should be done in well under 5 minutes...

Would not say I was impatient as the previous upgrades happen straight away, I took your advice and waited but then my computer froze and had to power it off to restart it, did it again and the computer froze again.

Guest BabyBearBaloo
Flashed to R6 no problems (just like before) but the USB host mode isnt working for me. I select USB Host, I get the screen saying "switching USB mode your device will reboot shortly" but the screen remains with the little "thinking" circle icon on the taskbar. I have left it for some considerable time and it does not reboot. Tried forcing a reboot but it does not change the USB mode. I have tried it with both USB debugging on and off.

Anyone got any ideas?

:unsure:

I had that initially. I had to do something with Superuser (cant remember 100% how) to let it do the process without permission as it kept hanging for me too...

Guest MistahG

Excuse my noobness here but have acquired an Advent Vega and am having difficulty flashing it with 1.04 image.

I run the flash exe and it comes up with cmd saying USB Device not found- press any key.

Under USB devices the Advent shows up as TEGRA, I attempt to update drivers and it claims I have the latest. I am unable to add ADB drivers as a result.

When attempting to update the USB driver I get "The specified location does not contain information about you hardware"

Feels like I am going round in circles here.

Also how do I know what software my Advent is currently running?

Kindest thanks

Guest Lennyuk
Excuse my noobness here but have acquired an Advent Vega and am having difficulty flashing it with 1.04 image.

I run the flash exe and it comes up with cmd saying USB Device not found- press any key.

Under USB devices the Advent shows up as TEGRA, I attempt to update drivers and it claims I have the latest. I am unable to add ADB drivers as a result.

When attempting to update the USB driver I get "The specified location does not contain information about you hardware"

Feels like I am going round in circles here.

Also how do I know what software my Advent is currently running?

Kindest thanks

you have to install the "fastboot" drivers availaible on www.myadventvega.co.uk if your running an official rom.

Guest MistahG
you have to install the "fastboot" drivers availaible on www.myadventvega.co.uk if your running an official rom.

Did a search of their site and no FASTBOOT drivers that I can see

Guest MistahG
Or flash drivers whatever they are calling it.

Is anyone able to help at all?

Whenever I go to update my driver there are no ADB drivers showing. Am pulling my hair out here. I've downloaded the MCR pack, connected my Advent, gone to device manager to update driver and specified where I placed the driver and nothing shows for my device. My device is showing in devices but it is simply not updating with the ADB drivers leaving me stuck.

PLEASE help. I've tried following RVDGears step guide and Pauls and keep getting stuck at the ADB drivers.

Guest MistahG
Is anyone able to help at all?

Whenever I go to update my driver there are no ADB drivers showing. Am pulling my hair out here. I've downloaded the MCR pack, connected my Advent, gone to device manager to update driver and specified where I placed the driver and nothing shows for my device. My device is showing in devices but it is simply not updating with the ADB drivers leaving me stuck.

PLEASE help. I've tried following RVDGears step guide and Pauls and keep getting stuck at the ADB drivers.

I end up with windows error saying "The specified location does not contain information about your device" despite me selecting the folder where the USB driver is contained.

Guest ashbash
I end up with windows error saying "The specified location does not contain information about your device" despite me selecting the folder where the USB driver is contained.

Are u sure u have unzipped pauls driver and then selected the lowest folder in the tree, the one containing the actual driver files.

Ash

Guest MistahG
Are u sure u have unzipped pauls driver and then selected the lowest folder in the tree, the one containing the actual driver files.

Ash

This one "r1-tegrausbdrivers-modaco"?

Guest ashbash
This one "r1-tegrausbdrivers-modaco"?

After u have unzipped the main zip file there shud b another zip in a sub folder, sorry cant remember wat they r called but its somethin like usbdrivers. Anyway u unzip that and where those unzipped files live are where u direct the driver installation to.

Btw im repeating stuff thats already in the forums, a bit of reading thru the main threads will help u im sure.

A