MoDaCo Custom r6 discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MistahG
This one "r1-tegrausbdrivers-modaco"?

This is the problem I have "07. Browse the PC for the unzipped drivers and ignore all warnings about driver verification (Install anyway)" When I try to look for these unzipped drivers my update is defaulted to looking for a .inf file so overlooks the zipped file.

Guest MistahG
After u have unzipped the main zip file there shud b another zip in a sub folder, sorry cant remember wat they r called but its somethin like usbdrivers. Anyway u unzip that and where those unzipped files live are where u direct the driver installation to.

Btw im repeating stuff thats already in the forums, a bit of reading thru the main threads will help u im sure.

A

I apologise and I have been through much of what is on here but I still get "the specified location does not include information about your hardware" when I select the updated driver.

Guest ashbash
I apologise and I have been through much of what is on here but I still get "the specified location does not include information about your hardware" when I select the updated driver.

That indicates that windows cant find a driver for the device, 2 main issues; you have not selected the correct device in device manager or the driver is not where u r saying it is.

A

Guest Higgsy

Giles, use a program called Usbdeview (Free) to remove any usb devices related to the vega - then when you reconnect it should tell you it cant install the driver for the device and give you the option to install or when you go into device manager it should give you the option to update driver. I had the same issue on 1 of my PC's one installed no probs and the other I got the same problem as you, both running windows 7 x86, uninstalling all usb devices related to the vega using usbdeview sorted it for me.

Guest MistahG
That indicates that windows cant find a driver for the device, 2 main issues; you have not selected the correct device in device manager or the driver is not where u r saying it is.

A

I really don't know what to do. I am selecting NVIDIA Tegra2 USB device and then attempting to point to the folder on my desktop where the drivers are. However when I go to specify the place for the driver to install from it shows this

5331158582_1c5516bcfc.jpg

I select "have disk" and open the folder where the drivers are.

Guest gws999

To all the people who had the screen that stated " Sorry! Process system is not responding ( underneath ) force close or wait " after nearly giving up had another go and got it to reboot, here's what I did, I opened the update that I wanted R6 with vega switched off but connected to my computer I then started the vega and started the R6 program as soon as the ADVENT wording came up and hey presto it rebooted back to working order, so hope this might help some of you out there to get your vega working again.

Guest ashbash
I really don't know what to do. I am selecting NVIDIA Tegra2 USB device and then attempting to point to the folder on my desktop where the drivers are. However when I go to specify the place for the driver to install from it shows this

Afaik it shud not say tegra2 but adb ....blah blah something, looks like u have a windows generic driver?!

This issue is covered in a thread sunwhere.... i have read it.

A

EDIT: btw can u tell i am typin on the vega, on screen keyboard sucks :-/

Edited by ashbash

Guest Higgsy

Do this as per my last post- the issue is that when you first plug it into the PC sometimes for some reason it installs the tegra 2 device as a disk drive automatically, the PC then thinks its a disk drive hence why it then doesn't like the driver you are trying to update it to. If you uninstall all usb devices with usbdeview related to the vega and then go into device manager it should then show the tegra 2 device with a warning triangle and then you can install the correct driver

"use a program called Usbdeview (Free) to remove any usb devices related to the vega - then when you reconnect it should tell you it cant install the driver for the device and give you the option to install or when you go into device manager it should give you the option to update driver. I had the same issue on 1 of my PC's one installed no probs and the other I got the same problem as you, both running windows 7 x86, uninstalling all usb devices related to the vega using usbdeview sorted it for me."

Guest MistahG

AHA, many thanks to Higgsy (not James Higgs is it) for the USB deviewing. Worked at treat.

Sorry for being a pain but cheers for everyone's help.

Now time to root and flash rom a HTC hd.

Wish me luck.

Guest Higgsy
AHA, many thanks to Higgsy (not James Higgs is it) for the USB deviewing. Worked at treat.

Sorry for being a pain but cheers for everyone's help.

Now time to root and flash rom a HTC hd.

Wish me luck.

yes Giles it is, the vega has root out the box, and please tell me ur not going to flash a ROM from a HTC Desire HD on it?

Guest MistahG
yes Giles it is, the vega has root out the box, and please tell me ur not going to flash a ROM from a HTC Desire HD on it?

NO of course not, using the MoDaCo custom Rom for the advent.

Guest Unipete

Hi all,

I've had this vega in my sticky mits for about 5 hours now.

Installed the performance mod about 2 hours ago, (best tenner spent in ages). Lots of new shiney apps and access to android market. Quality!

Iplayer not behaving and still insisting I install flash despite youtube and everything else performing ok.

Did I do something wrong or is the beeb playing up??

Is there a setting I'm missing?

Cheers

Pete

Guest mayhem848

Hi there another newbie I know, I'll get to the point here is my dilemma....

Firstly I am running a windows vista premium 64bit pc and my vega is version 1.6.5 with debugging activated

I have downloaded the MCR and the driver... I went to device manager and found the android developer bridge, in the usb controller section and did 'update driver' and then selected 'have disk' I then guided it to the usb driver and it updated it...

My advent vega then appeared as an android phone in device manager, and when expanded showed android compliant interface....

thought I'd hit the nail on the head, but when I then tried to run the windows.bat it opened a command prompt that read

deamon failed to start... Deamon started successfully in port 5037

Then continued to state it could not detect deamon

And that it was remounting system partitions and making space for new files?

This repeated on and on until the command prompt forces closed

And then....... Well nothing???

Please help me somebody!!! Has this happened to anyone else, our am I just being dense???

Regards

T.J

Guest Unipete

Hi again.

sorted the fix for flash from this thread from Paul:

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...sh-on-the-vega/

BBC iplayer works a treat now

Mayhem848:

I am using vista premium 64 and had a problem installing the mod at first.

I had to look in device manager under 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' >USB Mass Storage Device. This is because Android Debug Bridge Interface did not appear.

I followed the instructions from this site:

http://www.adventvega.net/#/unlock-modify-...reak/4546655167

(might get a rollocking for posting that which I will take on the chin).

I had to unplug and then reconnect the Vega from my pooter and I got an 'android harmony' in my device manager.

after that, you need to click on the device in 'hardware update wizard' and then click next.

That's how I got it to work anyhoo. And it's flying now!!

Many thanks to the team.

Guest mayhem848

Firstly I am running a windows vista premium 64bit pc and my vega is version 1.6.5 with debugging activated

I have downloaded the MCR and the driver... I went to device manager and found the android developer bridge, in the usb controller section and did 'update driver' and then selected 'have disk' I then guided it to the usb driver and it updated it...

My advent vega then appeared as an android phone in device manager, and when expanded showed android compliant interface....

thought I'd hit the nail on the head, but when I then tried to run the windows.bat it opened a command prompt that read

Please help me somebody!!! Has this happened to anyone else, our am I just being dense???

Regards

T.J

Guest Blue Gas

New owner here :unsure:

just installed latest rom and found this youtube clip very helpful

its done by a member on here " thwacker " my thanks to him and of course Paul for the Rom.

Guest Restless_UK

Regards

T.J

hm... if i didn't detect the device it wouldn't have tried to push the files over, atleast as far as i am aware... if it did look like it pushed alot of files over then maybe it was done... what happens if you disconnect it and restart does it boot up??

Guest bennji_boy
New owner here :unsure:

just installed latest rom and found this youtube clip very helpful

its done by a member on here " thwacker " my thanks to him and of course Paul for the Rom.

Yes that video is what got me done, thanks to all concerned!!!!

Guest Musuko
Yes that video is what got me done, thanks to all concerned!!!!

Agreed video helped me too this guys a legend along with paul, thanks for all the hard work, big respects!! =)

Guest newbe5

Regards

T.J

Do you have UAC turned on in Vista? Theres a possibility that running the batch file in user mode without elevation would cause these results. You could try right-clicking the .bat file and choosing "Run as Administrator" and see if that works, or try turning off UAC alltogether, That might not be your issue, but it's somewhere to start before you start looking at ADB problems.

Edited by newbe5

Guest Samlock

Upgraded to Ad Free so I can use the Online Kitchen, haven't even got my Vega yet but it's very exciting! Should be here tomorrow... Thanks Paul, I'll be upgrading to Plus as soon as I'm paid!

Guest bidhan

I have an XP computer. I got my Advent vega today and followed the instruction as given in the youtube video. Everything went all right. But at last when i tried to install-windows.bat in command prompt ..nothing happens except blinking cursor. Which is unlike the video.

Please help me.

==================

I have solved the problem by just changing the computer . No need to reply. regards.

Edited by bidhan

Guest kldesign

Can someone help!!

I can't seem to download the custom ROM when I click the download it just opens up a new tab where I have to enter lots of verification words?!

I saved the target and tried to download it that way but still nothing :-( am I being incredibly dim???

Kerry :D