MoDaCo Custom r6 discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Restless_UK
Can someone help!!

I can't seem to download the custom ROM when I click the download it just opens up a new tab where I have to enter lots of verification words?!

I saved the target and tried to download it that way but still nothing :-( am I being incredibly dim???

Kerry :P

You have Ad free so you can go through the online kitchen, thus head to the second post of this thread and click all the boxes you want (though i would suggest all, including Performance park and small bar, but not "signing" since you don't need it, ) then click to bake :D

Guest mayhem848

Thanks for all your help, but gave up in the end and tried on windows xp netbook and the rom took first time, online kitchen and performance pack, here I come!!!

Thanks again especially to Paul for doing such an amazing job at unlocking some of the potential, of this device.

The Vega is just pain boring without the rom

T.J

Edited by mayhem848

Guest mayhem848
hm... if i didn't detect the device it wouldn't have tried to push the files over, atleast as far as i am aware... if it did look like it pushed alot of files over then maybe it was done... what happens if you disconnect it and restart does it boot up??

Thanks for the help but all done now, just changed to xp computer and took first time :D

Guest ashbash
Is it just me .... or does Flash not work with this build?

Also, any suggestions of getting Gingerbread on this bad boy? :D

Flash working for me on r6, have u reinstalled it after the upgrade?

Guest Gman101

Hi a newbie here,

I have paid subscription and baked rom and downloaded it,which takes some time, but when I try to unzip it after download it says there is an error, can anybody help.

Guest thwacker
baked rom and downloaded it,which takes some time, but when I try to unzip it after download it says there is an error

The download time for me is 2-3 minutes. I've downloaded various baked ROMS from this site and all have unzipped without corruption. It looks like the problem is at your end. Somehow the downloaded file containing the ROM is being corrupted. Is your internet connection working OK? Try downloading it again. Alternatively use a work/friend's internet connection to download it.

Guest rvdgeer
Hi a newbie here,

I have paid subscription and baked rom and downloaded it,which takes some time, but when I try to unzip it after download it says there is an error, can anybody help.

Did you try to download on a PC or on the tab...

You need to download it on a PC...

Guest rvdgeer
Hey,

I've just updated to R6. How do I go about changing between host and slave mode?

You need the USB mode switcher...

please search this forum for it!

You need the USB mode switcher...

please search this forum for it!

Rvdgeer cheers. I had searched for over an hour using USB host and slave but not using "switcher". Thanks for the point in the right direction

Guest TIMLIN2005

HI NEED HELP AM NEW TO THIS AND HAVING REAL PROBLEMS GETTING THIS TO LOAD PAULS ROM FOR ADVENT VAGER, ANY CHANCE OF AN IDIOTS GUIDE AS MY COMPUTER WILL NOT SEE THE USB DRIVER - TRIED ON BOTH WINDOWS 7 AND VISTA 32 BIT IT IS DOING MY NUT IN PLEASE HELP :D

Guest Toxophilite
HI NEED HELP AM NEW TO THIS AND HAVING REAL PROBLEMS GETTING THIS TO LOAD PAULS ROM FOR ADVENT VAGER, ANY CHANCE OF AN IDIOTS GUIDE AS MY COMPUTER WILL NOT SEE THE USB DRIVER - TRIED ON BOTH WINDOWS 7 AND VISTA 32 BIT IT IS DOING MY NUT IN PLEASE HELP :D

Check out these links:

These will:

1. help you to check your official firmware version, and upgrade it if necessary to v1.06.5

2. show how to install the MCR custom R6 using Windows 7

and

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...p-update-guide/

(This gives full instructions both for a firmware upgrade, and also how to install the MCR (Paul's ROM).

Also note carefully in the install of the MCR - Preparation Step 03 - the USB drivers need TWO unzips.

You might also find Post#545 on Page 28 of this topic helpful:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/324...tchen/page/540/

Edited by Toxophilite

Guest rvdgeer

Wow, this comes over very rude!

Using just capitals is like SHOUTING, so please don't!

There's a lot of info, especially for n00bs on how to flash ROMS and the MCR Add-On...

And there's a pretty good search (on the left bottom of each page) too!

Check out these links:

(This will help you to check your official firmware version, and upgrade it if necessary)

and

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...p-update-guide/

(This gives full instructions both for a firmware upgrade, and also how to install the MCR (Paul's ROM).

Also note carefully in the install of the MCR - Preparation Step 03 - the USB drivers need TWO unzips.

You might also find Post#545 on Page 28 of this topic helpful:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/324...tchen/page/540/

I think Toxophilite gave you all the info you should need to flash whatever you want to flash to your device.

If you need more, please search first, ask later :P

Guest gingercat
Paul, Point of View just released an update for the identical Mobii... check out the changelog... maybe some usefull things for the Vega update ?

http://downloads.pointofview-online.com/Dr...07.4%20upgrade/

"This image fixes some issues (such as WIFI intermittent disconnection issue, random lag etc. ) " sounds like it could be nice to have!

Guest deadsimple

Hi Paul

I downloaded the customised rom (my kitchen) for advent vega and followed the instructions to the dot. Everything went well, however I dont have the google quick search bar on the home screen even though I checked the option before download? Any suggestions?

Deadsimple

Guest XN04113
I downloaded the customised rom (my kitchen) for advent vega and followed the instructions to the dot. Everything went well, however I dont have the google quick search bar on the home screen even though I checked the option before download? Any suggestions?

What about adding the widget?