MoDaCo Custom r6 discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rvdgeer
hi guys im new to this forum, but i was given advice by a fellow hotukdeals member noj!

I tried to flash this using my windows 7, but after it went to debug mode, it says running dameon but didnt do anything, so i tried it on vista, it didnt find the drivers and i want to really mod it! i dont have xp at the moment!

anything i might be doing wrong?!

sorry if i sound a bit demanding!

There's quite a few guides, including a noob proog video guide on installing the correct drivers on win 7.

Please look for it...

Guest roadie26
There's quite a few guides, including a noob proog video guide on installing the correct drivers on win 7.

Please look for it...

oh ok, i will try to find it, thanks

Guest roadie26

i found the guide to windows 7 32 bit, but i need 64 bit, i followed the 32 bit, but nothing happened!

I just want to get this working ahh!

Can anyone shed some light?

Guest rvdgeer
i found the guide to windows 7 32 bit, but i need 64 bit, i followed the 32 bit, but nothing happened!

I just want to get this working ahh!

Can anyone shed some light?

Hmmm...

Ok...

Basically you are asking:

What to do when my USB drivers are wrong (win7/64)? How to update to the correct drivers?

Maybe this thread can be of help:

What to do when your USB drivers are wrong (win7/64)...., how to update to the correct drivers.

:lol:

Edited by rvdgeer

Guest tjz1100
Are you sure you reinstalled the switcher, not the switcher widget?

Can be quite confusing...

Should work on 1.06 with mcr r6...

Is the vegausbmode.apk the switcher or the widget? I think it's the switcher, that's what I've installed and that's what's not working. and yes, I downloaded it to the PC and then transfered it to the Vega.

Baffled!

Guest rvdgeer
Is the vegausbmode.apk the switcher or the widget? I think it's the switcher, that's what I've installed and that's what's not working. and yes, I downloaded it to the PC and then transfered it to the Vega.

Baffled!

You can easily tell by the size...

The switcher itself is about 8MB...

It contains 2 boot images: the one from the 1.06 Advent ROM (usb slave) and the one from a PoV ROM.

If you install it on a newer (Advent) ROM (like 1.08) this can give some trouble...

Earlier you mentioned you have the 1.06 ROM installed, so it should be able to work...

After installing the MCR r6 Add-On you should have an app called Super User on the device.

This app asks you to allow or deny root access to applications that try to use it...

The USB switcher is one of these apps...

Unfortunately, for some reason the usb switcher in teh MCR r6 Add-On won't cause Super User to ask you for permission...

This can be 'easily' soved by uninstalling/reinstalling the usb switcher manually.

After that, on first start, Super User will ask you for permission.

Click Allow (and leave the box ticked so it won't ask again for the switcher) and it should work...

If not, there's something wrong...

Please try to understand this and follow it to the letter...

If it's not working, please report here, so I can try to help you again...

Guest tjz1100
You can easily tell by the size...

The switcher itself is about 8MB...

It contains 2 boot images: the one from the 1.06 Advent ROM (usb slave) and the one from a PoV ROM.

If you install it on a newer (Advent) ROM (like 1.08) this can give some trouble...

Earlier you mentioned you have the 1.06 ROM installed, so it should be able to work...

Yes, it doesn't though!

After installing the MCR r6 Add-On you should have an app called Super User on the device.

This app asks you to allow or deny root access to applications that try to use it...

The USB switcher is one of these apps...

Unfortunately, for some reason the usb switcher in teh MCR r6 Add-On won't cause Super User to ask you for permission...

This can be 'easily' soved by uninstalling/reinstalling the usb switcher manually.

After that, on first start, Super User will ask you for permission.

Click Allow (and leave the box ticked so it won't ask again for the switcher) and it should work...

If not, there's something wrong...

Please try to understand this and follow it to the letter...

If it's not working, please report here, so I can try to help you again...

It is the apk for the switcher, i checked this prior to my first install attempt after the r6 version failed to work. The USB switcher doesn't cause the SU to ask for permission to work, the switcher just hangs, telling me it will reboot but it never does (and I have left this for more than a few seconds, half an hour is the record so far). As I intimated I have uninstalled and re-installed the app several times with the same result every time. I've tried it with dev mode on and off, I've cleared the SU cache and data, all to no avail. so, i think we can agree that the 'something wrong' bit is operative here.

btw I've been in IT for 30 years and am currently a VMware trainer so I'm ok with new technical concepts, as long as they are explaine clearly, and thanks for taking the time with me, very appreciated! (Wish i knew more linux/android stuff though).

Ta.

Guest rvdgeer
Yes, it doesn't though!

It is the apk for the switcher, i checked this prior to my first install attempt after the r6 version failed to work. The USB switcher doesn't cause the SU to ask for permission to work, the switcher just hangs, telling me it will reboot but it never does (and I have left this for more than a few seconds, half an hour is the record so far). As I intimated I have uninstalled and re-installed the app several times with the same result every time. I've tried it with dev mode on and off, I've cleared the SU cache and data, all to no avail. so, i think we can agree that the 'something wrong' bit is operative here.

btw I've been in IT for 30 years and am currently a VMware trainer so I'm ok with new technical concepts, as long as they are explaine clearly, and thanks for taking the time with me, very appreciated! (Wish i knew more linux/android stuff though).

Ta.

Hmmm...

Too bad it's still not working!

Only thing I could think of right now is that maybe the performance pack has some influence on this...

I noticed you're a 'Poster' so you have no access to the kitchen and you can't download the r6 with performance pack...

Not saying you should subscribe to get more help...

Just wondering what could be the problem here...

Guest tjz1100
Hmmm...

Too bad it's still not working!

Only thing I could think of right now is that maybe the performance pack has some influence on this...

I noticed you're a 'Poster' so you have no access to the kitchen and you can't download the r6 with performance pack...

Not saying you should subscribe to get more help...

Just wondering what could be the problem here...

I'm in 'serious consideration mode' for a sign-up but I'd like to get this sorted first, the switcher should work without the perf pack. The switcher is certainly trying to do something (the progress circle swirls merrily) but to no avail!

Guest rvdgeer
I'm in 'serious consideration mode' for a sign-up but I'd like to get this sorted first, the switcher should work without the perf pack. The switcher is certainly trying to do something (the progress circle swirls merrily) but to no avail!

You could try the gscript usb switcher...

It's somewhere in this forum...

If you can't find it... look harder... I mean... tell me and I will help you look for it...

EDIT:

Actually went ahead and found you this.

I think you can start at step 4...

This does actually the same as the switcher, but it bit messier...

Edited by rvdgeer

Guest tjz1100
You could try the gscript usb switcher...

It's somewhere in this forum...

If you can't find it... look harder... i mean... tell me and I will help you look for it...

From the comments made about it I'd rather not, tbh. It seems to upset some devices it's been put on.

Guest rvdgeer
From the comments made about it I'd rather not, tbh. It seems to upset some devices it's been put on.

Never experienced any problems with it...

Never saw them mentioned too, tbh...

And, like I said, this does the same as the switcher apk...

I believe I even found the .sh script files inside the apk when I took a peek...

Guest tjz1100
Never experienced any problems with it...

Never saw them mentioned too, tbh...

And, like I said, this does the same as the switcher apk...

I believe I even found the .sh script files inside the apk when I took a peek...

K, I might give this a go when I get home tonight (working in cardiff, gotta drive back to Harrogate).

thanks for the info here!

Guest roadie26
K, I might give this a go when I get home tonight (working in cardiff, gotta drive back to Harrogate).

thanks for the info here!

;)

thanks i will try that!

Guest tjz1100
hi guys im new to this forum, but i was given advice by a fellow hotukdeals member noj! ;I

tried to flash this using my windows 7, but after it went to debug mode, it says runningdaemonn butdidn'tt do anything, so i tried it on vista, itdidn'tt find the drivers and i want to really mod it! idontt havexpp at the moment!

anything i might be doing wrong?!

sorry if i sound a bit demanding!

For those using Win7 there is a 'tip' to be had when trying to install the android-winusbb driver. Right clicking on the mass storage or other item listed in device manager may not result in a driver install. To fully manually install this, make sure your Vega is plugged in via the USB cable, go to Start, Run and type in hdwwiz. This will take you to ishXP-ish dialogue box where you can do a manual driver install without having vice first. (Should have put that in before now but I was too busy trying to get USB switching to work).

Hope this helps someone, anyone!

Edited by tjz1100

Guest simonta
For those using Win7 there is a 'tip' to be had when trying to install the android-winusbb driver. Right clicking on the mass storage or other item listed in device manager may not result in a driver install. To fully manually install this, make sure your Vega is plugged in via the USB cable, go to Start, Run and type inhdwwizhdwwiz. This will take you to ishXP-ish dialogue box where you can do a manual driver install without having vice first. (Should have put that in before now but I was too busy trying to get USB switching to work).

Hope this helps someone, anyone!

I think you might mean

hdwwiz

;)

Guest rferrett

I'm sticking with the 1.06.5 with MCR r6 for the time being. I expect we will get some pretty funky stuff in the MCR R7 now the kernel source is out having been following the relevant threads. Hopefully I might get sound again!

;)

Guest surfthenet

Hi,

Both my Windows 7 pc refuses to install the usb drivers 'r1-tegrausbdrivers-modaco'

windows 7 thinks it knows the best USB drivers and installs my vega as a Nvidia tegra 2 usb device.

Try to update the drivers as discribed in many of the posts on this forum but just tells me "the best drivers for your installation is already installed"

Getting very bored with windows 7 ansd how clever it thinks it is.

Shall i just borrow an xp machine as im sure it will let me then

Any help please??

many thanks in advance

Guest gavinlew

Trying to install the MCR addon under 1.08 on a new tablet I get the following under linux

failed to copy 'files/system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101206_v10.1.120.1_signed.apk' to '/system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101206_v10.1.120.1_signed.apk': No space left on device

Setting permissions

chmod: /system/bin/busybox: Read-only file system

chmod: /system/bin/cp: Read-only file system

chmod: /system/bin/cut: Read-only file system

Any ideas?

Cheers

Gavin

Guest rvdgeer
Trying to install the MCR addon under 1.08 on a new tablet I get the following under linux

failed to copy 'files/system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101206_v10.1.120.1_signed.apk' to '/system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101206_v10.1.120.1_signed.apk': No space left on device

Setting permissions

chmod: /system/bin/busybox: Read-only file system

chmod: /system/bin/cp: Read-only file system

chmod: /system/bin/cut: Read-only file system

Any ideas?

Cheers

Gavin

Yes, I believe you can safely ignore these error messages...

You can install flash manually...

Hi,

Both my Windows 7 pc refuses to install the usb drivers 'r1-tegrausbdrivers-modaco'

windows 7 thinks it knows the best USB drivers and installs my vega as a Nvidia tegra 2 usb device.

Try to update the drivers as discribed in many of the posts on this forum but just tells me "the best drivers for your installation is already installed"

Getting very bored with windows 7 ansd how clever it thinks it is.

Shall i just borrow an xp machine as im sure it will let me then

Any help please??

many thanks in advance

Had the same issue and found this topic helpful. Tech fox has posted some helpful info which sorted the problem for me.

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...-wrong-win7-64/

Edit ,check out tech fox post no #829 on this topic and then continue with link post above. Hope this helps in some way

Edited by Dmahre

Guest nigzsingh

Total newbie here. Apologies for my ignorance. I've just got a Vega come through the door. I turned it on, had a little play, and then decided i needed to 'fix' it with Paul's magic. Now i joined adfree, went to the kitchen, baked my rom, extracted it to a folder. Made sure i'm in USB debugging mode, connected the device to the laptop. I'm getting a message that Nvidia Harmony driver can't install. but i tried to continue anyway, going to cmd and punching in the command to install. Am i missing something in my process, because i don't seem to be getting anywhere with it. I'm running Vista 32 bit OS and the Vega is 1.08.

Help?!? ;)