MoDaCo Custom r6 discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest johnnynitro

Done everything it asks of me and after the "install-windows.bat" is entered in the cmd window, it just sits there, staring, not doing anything

win 7 home 64bit if anyone needs to know

Extract the update in a folder called Advent eg C:\Advent

Start ===> Run ====> CMD

When you open the MSDOS box the commands would be

cd Advent

install-windows.bat

If the USB driver is installed and the device is in debug mode then all will be well.

Good luck

got the directory right now but the command : install-windows.bat is now ton a recognized command, the tablet is connected, usb debugging is on, ive not got it set to mass storage device, i cant see what im doing wrong here at all, any more advise would be very welcome ;-)

Sorry if this sounds stupid but has how many people have actually got custom ROM fully working? The only reason i ask if that i have 2 Vega's sitting on my desk right now updated to v1.04 which are Christmas presents,. I have also downloaded the Custom ROM from the kitchen but iam affraid to install it becuase of the fear of having problems which i can not sort out. I always thought i was ok when it came to computer and stuff but the things you guys do and talk about just gives me an headache and goes straight over my head lol.

Once ive got them running the market etc all i will do is download a few apps and put them back in the boxes for Santa to deliver.

So the question is am i best to hang fire if there are issuses or should i be ok to do it now. I can only get them out to do anything when the kids are in bed so i do not get lots of time to sort things out if they dont quite work.

Thanks

Guest removed-14

Paul

Just reflashed 1.04 and then installed r2 for the second time. It seems to work then reboots the Vega. But it is now just sat at a black screen. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Reflashed 1.04 and downloaded a backed one this time (with performance pack) and now working! Great work Paul!

Edited by removed-14

Guest unclebob31
Sorry if this sounds stupid but has how many people have actually got custom ROM fully working? The only reason i ask if that i have 2 Vega's sitting on my desk right now updated to v1.04 which are Christmas presents,. I have also downloaded the Custom ROM from the kitchen but iam affraid to install it becuase of the fear of having problems which i can not sort out. I always thought i was ok when it came to computer and stuff but the things you guys do and talk about just gives me an headache and goes straight over my head lol.

Once ive got them running the market etc all i will do is download a few apps and put them back in the boxes for Santa to deliver.

So the question is am i best to hang fire if there are issuses or should i be ok to do it now. I can only get them out to do anything when the kids are in bed so i do not get lots of time to sort things out if they dont quite work.

Thanks

Working for me sent by my vega

Guest unclebob31
got the directory right now but the command : install-windows.bat is now ton a recognized command, the tablet is connected, usb debugging is on, ive not got it set to mass storage device, i cant see what im doing wrong here at all, any more advise would be very welcome ;-)

Looks like a usb driver issue. I used xp have backgrounds akido shareprice all downloaded and running...

Is there a usb icon in the system tray?

Re-installing / enabling Flash on the Vega - http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...sh-on-the-vega/

P

T4ylor, you can ALWAYS revert to the 1.04 image, so it's risk-free! :D

P

Hi Paul, I wonder if you can look at this and tell me if I'm doing something wrong, I get this long line of cant do's when I enter the install-windows.bat command, four warning its long, sorry :P

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop>cd advent mod

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>install-windows.bat

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>echo Waiting for device... ens

ure 'USB Debugging' is enabled in Settings- and connect to PC 1>Development

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>./adb-windows.exe wait-for-dev

ice

'.' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>echo Remounting system partiti

on

Remounting system partition

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>./adb-windows.exe remount

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>./adb-windows.exe shell stop

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>echo Making room for new files

Making room for new files

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>./adb-windows.exe shell rm -r

/system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002

/system/etc/Dix

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>./adb-windows.exe shell rm /sy

stem/bin/recovery_2

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>./adb-windows.exe shell rm /sy

stem/lib/nvddk_2d_test_sanity.so

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>echo Copying new files

Copying new files

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>./adb-windows.exe push files /

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>echo Installing performance pa

ck

Installing performance pack

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>./adb-windows.exe shell cp /sy

stem/app/Maps.apk /data/app

stem/app/Maps.apk

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>./adb-windows.exe push perform

ance /

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>echo Setting permissions

Setting permissions

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>./adb-windows.exe shell chmod

4755 /system/xbin/su

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>./adb-windows.exe shell busybo

x --install -s /system/xbin

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>echo Done, rebooting

Done, rebooting

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>./adb-windows.exe reboot

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>

Thanks in advance..

Re-installing / enabling Flash on the Vega - http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...sh-on-the-vega/

P

T4ylor, you can ALWAYS revert to the 1.04 image, so it's risk-free! :D

P

Hi Paul, I wonder if you can look at this and tell me if I'm doing something wrong, I get this long line of cant do's when I enter the install-windows.bat command, four warning its long, sorry :P

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop>cd advent mod

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>install-windows.bat

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>echo Waiting for device... ens

ure 'USB Debugging' is enabled in Settings- and connect to PC 1>Development

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>./adb-windows.exe wait-for-dev

ice

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>echo Remounting system partiti

on

Remounting system partition

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>./adb-windows.exe remount

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>./adb-windows.exe shell stop

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>echo Making room for new files

Making room for new files

/system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002

/system/etc/Dix

stem/bin/recovery_2

stem/lib/nvddk_2d_test_sanity.so

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>echo Copying new files

Copying new files

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>./adb-windows.exe push files /

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>echo Installing performance pa

ck

Installing performance pack

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>./adb-windows.exe shell cp /sy

stem/app/Maps.apk /data/app

stem/app/Maps.apk

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>./adb-windows.exe push perform

ance /

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>echo Setting permissions

Setting permissions

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>./adb-windows.exe shell chmod

4755 /system/xbin/su

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>./adb-windows.exe shell busybo

x --install -s /system/xbin

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>echo Done, rebooting

Done, rebooting

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>./adb-windows.exe reboot

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\advent mod>

Thanks in advance..

Thanks

Well took the plunge with the first one and it worked a treat. Thanks guys

Now for number 2 but this might be different because i have to do in on another computer which is using XP becuase the first computer would not find it.

Thanks

Im the exact same only just have one to get sorted.Had 2 hours to myself earlier so gave it a bash but failed.Have been itching all day to retry but like you say its a no go when kids about.Anyway as Paul says it can be easily converted back to 1.04 and personally im not impressed with the software or lack of it more to the point on the"out of box vega". I think the kids would be more delighted with a fully functional tablet, means you can get on with stuffing the turkey :P

Guest DrSuave

humm got all the drivers installed

run the bat file but get:

* daemon not running. starting now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

Then nothing. Happened to anyone else?

Edited by DrSuave

Well took the plunge with the first one and it worked a treat. Thanks guys

Now for number 2 but this might be different because i have to do in on another computer which is using XP becuase the first computer would not find it.

Thats number done now aswell. Paul your a star. Thanks

anyone finding their wifi doesnt work after r2?

it just seems to be going in a loop...

scanning...disconnected...scanning....disconnected....

was working before i installed r2.

any help?

Guest removed-14

Check drivers in device manager. You need Android ADB showing.

I,m still having problems, I posted a copy of whats in my msdos window but nobody has answered my plight yet :P p.s sorry for the double post, not sure what happened there

I have got adb showing in device manager, I've installed and re-installed the drivers, I have the tablet set to debugging mode but still no joy, one line in the msdos screen is saying ensure usb debugging is enabled in settings and connect to pc1> development. this looks most likely where the problem lies but as I said I have everything connected in the correct way.

has anybody else come across this ?

thanks

I came across that and solved it by first going into r2 USB drivers folder and extract the USB zip. Then go to device manager and right click the USB driver your previously installed to update to v1.04 and click update driver. Then click to locate driver manually and browse to the r2 folder. This should then overwrite to the new driver. Then install the window.bat file and that should be it.

Well it worked for me anyway.

Guest removed-14
anyone finding their wifi doesnt work after r2?

it just seems to be going in a loop...

scanning...disconnected...scanning....disconnected....

was working before i installed r2.

any help?

Yes I did. Solved by updating my wireless router's firmware.

Yes I did. Solved by updating my wireless router's firmware.

legend that sorted it thanks.

probly a good thing my router firmware was like 5 years out of data lmao

Guest debs626

Thanks

Working for me too now, was a little fiddly (flash player problem) but all is sorted and working fine.

If you do hit a problem, there are lots here now who will try to help :P

Paul is a God

Guest BiggerH

couldn't get it to work last night (not recognising the device in Device Manager to install the USB driver on XP machine), but successfully installed using my Windows 7 64 bit pc this morning.

apps installing just fine

excellent work Paul

Guest JohnMetz

Hi Paul

Apologies if this has already been covered. If I want to re-apply R2 (to add the performance pack), do I have to clean down the vega with the 1.04 release or can I just run install-windows from your R2 release or kitchen? Or can I just manually execute some of the batch steps for the performance pack?

Thanks

John