MoDaCo Custom r6 discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Bella101uk

Is anyone having problems with their bluetooth connection. the vega can't find any other bluetooth devices nor is irt discoverable

BTW had the same problem with loading up v2. ended up deleting USB mass storage device in device manager and then installing the usb driver with v2 instead.

worked for me on wife vista laptop but had no joy whatsoever on windows 7 64 bit.

cheers

Guest 5c00ter

Yep, I'm having the same issue with Bluetooth. Shows the icon and everything, but is not discoverable nor can it see other devices in range, where clearly they are there as my phone can see them. Weird.

Anyone tried BT without the r2 custom rom, just on the AdventVega image 1.04 applied?

Guest English Haze
If I want to re-apply R2 (to add the performance pack), do I have to clean down the vega with the 1.04 release or can I just run install-windows from your R2 release or kitchen? Or can I just manually execute some of the batch steps for the performance pack?

Same question here. Like a dummy I didn't realise the pre-baked version was missing the performance pack. I presume that Paul wants to keep the performance pack as a members only option for now hence leaving it out of the pre-bake.

So, a re-flash of stock 1.04 and then re-run r2 or can we just re-run the r2 install?

Hi Paul

Apologies if this has already been covered. If I want to re-apply R2 (to add the performance pack), do I have to clean down the vega with the 1.04 release or can I just run install-windows from your R2 release or kitchen? Or can I just manually execute some of the batch steps for the performance pack?

Thanks

John

You SHOULD be able to do it over the top.

P

Yep, I'm having the same issue with Bluetooth. Shows the icon and everything, but is not discoverable nor can it see other devices in range, where clearly they are there as my phone can see them. Weird.

Anyone tried BT without the r2 custom rom, just on the AdventVega image 1.04 applied?

Hmmm, odd, be useful to know if it works with r4? Could be something in the PP?

P

Nice one Paul

I've subscribed to get access to the kitchen, any idea when the performance pack will be back? Hoping to play tonight!!!

Performance pack is online now!

P

Sorry if this sounds stupid but has how many people have actually got custom ROM fully working? The only reason i ask if that i have 2 Vega's sitting on my desk right now updated to v1.04 which are Christmas presents,. I have also downloaded the Custom ROM from the kitchen but iam affraid to install it becuase of the fear of having problems which i can not sort out. I always thought i was ok when it came to computer and stuff but the things you guys do and talk about just gives me an headache and goes straight over my head lol.

Once ive got them running the market etc all i will do is download a few apps and put them back in the boxes for Santa to deliver.

So the question is am i best to hang fire if there are issuses or should i be ok to do it now. I can only get them out to do anything when the kids are in bed so i do not get lots of time to sort things out if they dont quite work.

Thanks

Give it a go, T4ylor -you can always reflash the 1.04 ROM if something goes pear-shaped, as Paul says.

Stay away from Windows 7 Pro 64-bit: it just doesn't seem to recognize an ADB device, for whatever reason. I've just flashed 1.04 on my Vega then flashed this ROM via a connection on a Windows 7 Home 32-bit machine, which will see what it's calling an Android composite ADB device.

And Paul, if you read this post, you are so totally the man! Thanks so much for your work. :P

Don't suppose someone could upload a step by step video guide to getting this working (on a windows PC)?

I'm computer literate to the degree I can follow a guide but I'm not familiar enough with Android that i think I'm doing okay then a term is thrown in that might as well be in dutch. I'm another who has got this as a gift and is trying to get market on it before wrapping and if I eventually work it out then all the hard work you have put in getting it going is a lifesaver.

Guest 5c00ter
It's in the Performance Pack for now.

P

Will you be updating the R2 pack (currently without PP) to include PP or will this be available only through the Kitchen?

Guest removed-14
Stay away from Windows 7 Pro 64-bit: it just doesn't seem to recognize an ADB device, for whatever reason. I've just flashed 1.04 on my Vega then flashed this ROM via a connection on a Windows 7 Home 32-bit machine, which will see what it's calling an Android composite ADB device.

I had the reverse. Was able to update to 1.04 with 32 bit Windows 7 but then could not apply r2. Used my 64bit Windows 7 and it worked great. Have since reflashed 1.04 and r2 with my 64bit Windows 7 laptop. Seems to be a driver update issue.

Guest jesterzoo

Hey Noob here, Does this install easily from a mac on osx. In device manager on my windows xp 32 machine ADB does not appear under universal serial bus controllers, all i get is tegra 2 mass storage device under storage devices so can not update this driver. Any help appreciated :P

Hey Noob here, Does this install easily from a mac on osx. In device manager on my windows xp 32 machine ADB does not appear under universal serial bus controllers, all i get is tegra 2 mass storage device under storage devices so can not update this driver. Any help appreciated :P

Yeah, I use a Mac and set it all up on a Mac. :D

P

Guest 5c00ter
Changelog

26/Nov

• Added Bluetooth Fix, minor script updates

Can this be run again after a previous version of R2 already installed, or will I need to re-flash 1.04 and then re-apply this new R2? thanks in advance. :P