MoDaCo Custom r6 discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi All,

Firstly and mostly THANKS to Paul for the excellent Dev work done so far, certainly keeping my fingers crossed that it will continue. You'll be seeing my £10 as soon as pay day arrives!!

I flashed my Vega with the custom ROM r5 (100% trouble free btw...) and *nearly* all seems to work without issue, except Voice search.

I saw that this issue had been spotted and fixed but I'm still falling foul of it... anyone got any suggestions.

Thanks again

Ross :)

--

Guest landofhopeandglory
Steady on Tony - I'm a married man!

Pleased that all is OK now with your Vegas.

btw If you are having trouble with Flash (e.g. BBC Iplayer) after the upgrade, check out

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...sh-on-the-vega/

Toxo

Duly noted.

Could I ask what is a forced stop for and why are some lit and others not?

Tony

Guest tech_fox

This is an update on my Windows 7 USB drivers saga discussed in posts 543, 545 and 558.

I have finally solved my problem and am recording my solution here in case it helps others.

I downloaded and ran (in Administrator mode) a very useful free windows program called USBDeView from NirSoft. This appears to show all current and past devices (in glorious detail) that have been connected via USB.

With the Vega connected in USB debug mode, in USBDeview find all drivers associated with VendorID 0955 and ProductID 7100 (i.e. the Vega) and select them. Then use USBDeview (still with Vega connected) to "Uninstall Selected Devices". Now unplug the Vega. At this point I opened the device manager and expanded the "Disk Drives" and "Universal Serial Bus controllers" lines so that I could watch what was happening. With the Vega on and in USB debug mode plug the Vega into the computer and watch the device manager. Things should happen quite quickly with the device manager screen refreshing itself a couple of times whilst it is automatically installing drivers. During these refreshes I noticed "NVidia Harmony" appear briefly under "Other Devices" then vanish. Unlike my previous experience, this time as well as the usual new entries of:-

Under Disk Drives:

NVIDIA Tegra2 USB Device

Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers:

USB Composite Device

USB Mass Storage Device

I now had another new entry under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" of "Android Debug Bridge Interface". I updated the driver for this device using Pauls ROM USB driver and hey presto Device Manager showed a new device under "Android Phone" called "Android Composite ADB Interface".

All is now working well.

For the record when I connected the Vega (in debug mode) to two other computers, one XP and one Windows 7 Home, the device manager showed everything correctly including "Nvidia Harmony", so I can only conclude that at some point I must have had something connected to my PC which interefered with the detection of the Vega. Interestingly USBDeview showed two old instances of my HTC Desire being connected (HTC Android Phone USB Device) so I am wondering whether this had something to do with the problems I experienced.

I hope my explanation is comprehendable and helpful to others having problems.

Thanks Paul from the ROM. Makes the Vega much more desirable. I will be signing up very soon.

Edited by tech_fox

Guest andrewg12345

Just got my vega, want to do the updates, but where is the BEGGINERS guide,

I tried the guide on page one (this thread) without success.

there are now 30 pages on this thread, lots of conflickting information, how about a guide for each o/s plus 32/64 bit variety

WE JUST WANT A SIMPLE GUIDE THAT WORKS pin it to the top PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

;) :D ;) :) :(

Edited by andrewg12345

Guest YorkieUK

Got my shiny new Vega today, had a slight confusion of the USB driver but got it in the end and a flawless flash after that.

Many thanks for the ROM, I am really excited over this tablet! :)

Guest andrewg12345
Got my shiny new Vega today, had a slight confusion of the USB driver but got it in the end and a flawless flash after that.

Many thanks for the ROM, I am really excited over this tablet! :)

is this the same confusion I dont realise i have! please explain and help a poor advent vega owner this christmas.

tried the update but just get

post-793045-1292952929_thumb.png

Guest YorkieUK
is this the same confusion I dont realise i have! please explain and help a poor advent vega owner this christmas.

I was confused how to get the right USB driver installed on Win7 64bit.

Sorted it out like this.

Unzip all USB drivers both Advents and Modaco's

Open device manager

Plug in Vega

All but the device driver installs, self install, browse to folder install Advent driver.

Back in Device manager "Android Developer Bridge" is now visible, right click update driver and replace with Modaco driver.

Run cmd box, change dir to saved new rom dir and run the bat file.

Flashed Vega :)

Yes, a driver issue.... Try tech_fox's solution from a few posts back. Looks to be the most thorough way of deinstalling the Advent drivers.

Guest andrewg12345

have just tried it, my vega just turned off, my command prompt is doing nothing, it may have powered off

Will try once more untill a decent unconfusing guide is sorted out

Edited by andrewg12345

Guest swarrans
have just tried it, my vega just turned off, my command prompt is doing nothing, it may have powered off

Will try once more untill a decent unconfusing guide is sorted out

You have been told what the problem is Andrew it is the fact that you have not sorted the drivers out correctly so you can run the command prompt as many times as you like and it won't work until you have sorted them out.

I think you'll have a long wait for a "decent unconfusing guide" as it already exists if you read the threads and understand what they are telling you

Guest andrewg12345
You have been told what the problem is Andrew it is the fact that you have not sorted the drivers out correctly so you can run the command prompt as many times as you like and it won't work until you have sorted them out.

I think you'll have a long wait for a "decent unconfusing guide" as it already exists if you read the threads and understand what they are telling you

Hi, thanks I have done it, re traced my steps, started again, and did it, but must say it felt more like I stumbled over the solution. So thanks for all your help.

RE the guide, you must admit it will be daunting to most to have to trawl thru 30 pages, most of which were written in development stages, and some info has only recently come to light (I did not want to spend 3 weeks trying to sort this one out like one guy did), so that is why I suggested a new topic a of install guides for each platform etc.

ps, thanks for telling me off - untill the next time

This is fixed in r4 I believe, to fix manually do:

adb-windows shell pm install -r system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101019_v10.1.95.18_signed.apk

Bit odd!

P

Hi Paul,

I am brand new here

many thanks for all the help.

I have now managed to manually fix the flash issue as you suggested to debs

thanks

Guest zurab78

i just wanted to say that my vega arrived today after 1 hour of head scratching i have manged to get my vega to to flash the driver issues was a problem but all done now just a big thanks to paul what great work you do

many thanks

robert

Guest danympp81

Good morning,

can anyone upload a video with the flashing proccess? i am asking because i have the Point of view and i am trying to get into the debug mode. windowds recognize the device (i am still having problems with the drivers) but i always have a black screen? do i have to see something?

thanx

Guest rvdgeer
Good morning,

can anyone upload a video with the flashing proccess? i am asking because i have the Point of view and i am trying to get into the debug mode. windowds recognize the device (i am still having problems with the drivers) but i always have a black screen? do i have to see something?

thanx

Can't do a video but...

Look at this PoV Mobbi official upgrade manual.

There's a few screenshots in there...

It might help...

Guest rvdgeer
not asking for your help <snip>

Actually you were asking for help...

At least, that's the part I could actually decipher...

:)

Edited by Paul

Guest danympp81
Can't do a video but...

Look at this PoV Mobbi official upgrade manual.

There's a few screenshots in there...

It might help...

thank you, i have the official drivers and the guide but the one i have got doesn't show the last two pictures. now i can say that my POV didn't get into debug mode so there is something wrong in the procedure when i do it. well i will keep trying .....

thanx again.