MoDaCo Custom r6 discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest de_man_n

Gey guys and girls :(

First post on the fourm so please go easy ;)

Recently got my vega and as stock i quite enjoyed it. However i took the plunge and decided to try and update with Pauls ROM.

I've managed to upgrade to 1.06, not exactly sure how i managed it, it kinda happended without me realising. However i have come stuck when trying to update with Pauls ROM. I'm not the best when it comes to these sort of things and as a result have got lost. I've uploaded some screenshots to show where about i am. If anyone could exlain in simple terms where i go from here i would be over the moon ;)

Thanks for any help.

Dean.

vega1.bmp

vega2.bmp

vega3.bmp

vega4.bmp

Guest Toxophilite
Gey guys and girls :(

First post on the fourm so please go easy ;)

Recently got my vega and as stock i quite enjoyed it. However i took the plunge and decided to try and update with Pauls ROM.

I've managed to upgrade to 1.06, not exactly sure how i managed it, it kinda happended without me realising. However i have come stuck when trying to update with Pauls ROM. I'm not the best when it comes to these sort of things and as a result have got lost. I've uploaded some screenshots to show where about i am. If anyone could exlain in simple terms where i go from here i would be over the moon ;)

Thanks for any help.

Dean.

Try checking out the links given above in Post # 674 - you may need to backtrack a few steps from where you are in your attempted update using Paul's ( R5) ROM.

Guest de_man_n
Try checking out the links given above in Post # 674 - you may need to backtrack a few steps from where you are in your attempted update using Paul's ( R5) ROM.

Ok i have got a little further, in device manager i can now see Android Phone - Android Composite ADB Interface.

Where do i go from here?

I feel i am so close lol.

Guest Toxophilite
Ok i have got a little further, in device manager i can now see Android Phone - Android Composite ADB Interface.

Where do i go from here?

I feel i am so close lol.

Yes you are close - you have the right driver installed now.

Make sure that the Vega is stiil connected in Debug mode.

See steps 9 and 10 of the second section of the first link given in Post #674 to run install-windows.bat

Guest Toxophilite
How can I tell if my vega is on 1.06.5?

On Vega go to Settings -> About Device -> Kernel Version.

The characters immediately after the v show the version number.

Guest de_man_n
Yes you are close - you have the right driver installed now.

Make sure that the Vega is stiil connected in Debug mode.

See steps 9 and 10 of the second section of the first link given in Post #674 to run install-windows.bat

;)

Tried clicking on the Run install-windows.bat that was in the folder. A cms popped up for a split second and disapeared again. Not had much luch with cmd, will try again tomorrow.

One thing i have noticed though is that i can only see Android Phone - Android Composite ADB Interface when the vega is turned on. It disappears when i try and put it back in to recovery mode. When in recovery APX pops up in device manager however i am unable to do do anything with that.

Cheers for the help so far, Will send virtual pints your way if we can get this sorted :(

Guest swarrans
;)

Tried clicking on the Run install-windows.bat that was in the folder. A cms popped up for a split second and disapeared again. Not had much luch with cmd, will try again tomorrow.

One thing i have noticed though is that i can only see Android Phone - Android Composite ADB Interface when the vega is turned on. It disappears when i try and put it back in to recovery mode. When in recovery APX pops up in device manager however i am unable to do do anything with that.

Cheers for the help so far, Will send virtual pints your way if we can get this sorted :(

You shouldn't be in recovery mode when you do Paul's update.......

Guest Toxophilite
;)

You should not be in recovery mode, but in DEBUG mode to apply Paul's update ROM.

Power on the Vega as normal, then:

On the Vega go to Settings > Applications > Development and turn on USB Debugging.

This will put the Vega into Debug mode, and the installation should work.

The Vega will switch off then on again.

Edited by Toxophilite

Guest godinandroid

Just installed the performance pack, there is definitely a noticeable difference. That and the rom makes the Vega absolutely brilliant.

Thanks Paul:)

Guest de_man_n
You should not be in recovery mode, but in DEBUG mode to apply Paul's update ROM.

Power on the Vega as normal, then:

On the Vega go to Settings > Applications > Development and turn on USB Debugging.

This will put the Vega into Debug mode, and the installation should work.

The Vega will switch off then on again.

I have debug mode on. Must just be the CMD i'm having trouble with. It's not running anything. Will try again now and if i have troubles will upload screen shots :(

Guest de_man_n
I have debug mode on. Must just be the CMD i'm having trouble with. It's not running anything. Will try again now and if i have troubles will upload screen shots :(

Just tried it and it worked first time ;) Not sure why it wasn't working last night but oh well, no matter. I just want to say thank you to everyone that affered help, when you're as new to this as it me then it does mean a lot. Cheers everyone ;)

Also a big thank-you to Paul as well for all he has done. Definatly worth becoming ad-free.

Dean.

Guest kinkade
Just tried it and it worked first time ;) Not sure why it wasn't working last night but oh well, no matter. I just want to say thank you to everyone that affered help, when you're as new to this as it me then it does mean a lot. Cheers everyone :(

Also a big thank-you to Paul as well for all he has done. Definatly worth becoming ad-free.

Dean.

ive flashed r5 a couple of times and have selected both performance pack and small not bar in the kitchen but neither seems to be flashing across, my notification bar is definitely not any smaller and i am still having touch issues, can anyone give any advice?

thanks in advance

Guest kinkade
ive flashed r5 a couple of times and have selected both performance pack and small not bar in the kitchen but neither seems to be flashing across, my notification bar is definitely not any smaller and i am still having touch issues, can anyone give any advice?

thanks in advance

just to clarify some aspects of the flash have clearly worked as i now have gapps market access flash etc

Guest foxyloxy

Several folks myself included have received these errors:

failed to copy 'files/system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_2010101

9_v10.1.95.18_signed.apk' to '/system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles

2_20101019_v10.1.95.18_signed.apk': No space left on device

Setting permissions

Error: Could not access the Package Manager. Is the system running?

Done, rebooting

Can anyone help to understand the reason / impact of these errors?

Guest foxyloxy

OK all fixed, installed:

•Stock firmware + MoDaCo R5 + Performance pack + Small Notification Bar (paid for)

and it completed without errors and I also can now run google earth no problem.

Guest kinkade
just to clarify some aspects of the flash have clearly worked as i now have gapps market access flash etc

All fixed. Redownloaded the package and that did the trick

Guest alfie250

Just bought the vega for crimbo however i am a complete biff when it comes to computers how do i download the applications download for it and also the flash player just downloaded the new update for it but still having issues and the place i have bought it form aint very helpful and know nothing about the vega

cheers

alfie

Changelog

r6 29/Dec

• Updated all Google components
  • Migrated touch optimisations from small bar tweak to regular size bar configuration
  • Updated Adobe Flash
  • Added 'terminfo' configuration to boot image (installed via USB Mode app), apps like 'nano' should now be usable
  • Compressed some components with the MCR build system to reduce 'out of memory' problems on install (full optimisation to follow in MCR r7)
  • Added Recovery reboot utility to the kitchen
  • Added USB Mode switch utility to the kitchen
  • Deleted duplicate instance of busybox (saves nearly 2MB)
  • Added distinct multitouch permissions file for Google Maps rotation support
  • Other minor tweaks and fixes

Guest swarrans

If I'm on 1.04 + pp + r4 is it essential to burn the standard 1.06 rom from Advent before I burn your r6 Paul, or can I do it from my current set up in one go?

Totally wonderful stuff BTW

Simon

Edit: sorry, I guess this means I must do Advent first!

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must be running update version 1.06.5, available at http://www.myadventvega.co.uk. This add-on has NOT been tested on any releases newer than 1.06.5.

Edited by swarrans