Re-installing / enabling Flash on the Vega

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Anton2k
Hi,

i am having issues with the Flash. Even when I access the APK file and re-install Flash i cannot access flash content on the net. Can anyone assist?

Try R6 rom then 1.20 version of flash can be found on the forum.

Guest swarrans

My update from 1.04 R4 PP to 1.06 R6 PP went seamlessly and quickly, except..

I did lose Flash again and had to re-install it.

No biggie, but it puzzles me that some lose it and some don't it seems..

My update from 1.04 R4 PP to 1.06 R6 PP went seamlessly and quickly, except..

I did lose Flash again and had to re-install it.

No biggie, but it puzzles me that some lose it and some don't it seems..

I was looking through the performance pack today and noticed that theres a file in system\etc called shuttle_ins.sh and had a look -

if [ -e /data/bluez_provider/bluez_reg ]; then

echo "bluez registered"

else

cat /system/etc/bluecore6.psr > /data/bluez_provider/bluecore6.psr

chmod 777 /data/bluez_provider/bluecore6.psr

fi

mount -w -o remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

ln -s /data/bluez_provider/bluecore6.psr /system/etc/bluez/bluecore6.psr

mount -r -o remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

sleep 30

if [ -e /data/.shuttle_install ]; then

exit

else

sh /system/bin/pm install /system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101019_v10.1.95.18_signed.apk

#sh /system/bin/pm install /data/eGalaxTester.apk

#sh /system/bin/pm install /data/Shuttle_Test.apk

#sh /system/bin/pm install /data/eGalaxUpdateAuto.apk

echo 0 > /data/.shuttle_install

fi
I'm not fluent in Android or Linux but, reading the logic of the installation script it would appear that after its checked the bluetooth and waited 30 ms/sec/weeks it turns it attention to the flash and checks if a folder exists on the device - if it does it finishes - if it doesn't then it installs flash from the shuttle_priv folder and creates an empty file in the folder first checked - data/.shuttle_install (hence android does not clean up the folder) BUT obviously with the version in the pack updated it will never find this file (libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101019_v10.1.95.18_signed.apk) and therefore will no automatically reinstall the flash. If this were amended I guess it would negate the need to ever reinstall flash after an MCR but, not fluent in Android/Linux and would rather someone who is confirm this is a fix? IF it is perhaps it can be put in the performance pack and effectively kills this thread. Edit - of course ! The Installation script from the MCR -
@echo off

echo Waiting for device...

adb.exe wait-for-device

echo Remounting system partition

adb.exe remount

adb.exe install -r files/system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101206_v10.1.120.1_signed.apk (Install flash but, it's not on device ?)

adb.exe shell stop

echo Making room for new files

adb.exe shell rm -r /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002

adb.exe shell rm -r /system/etc/Dix

adb.exe shell rm /system/lib/nvddk_2d_test_sanity.so

adb.exe shell rm -r /system/etc/shuttle_priv/*  (Delete content of folder where Flash resides)

adb.exe shell rm /system/bin/busybox

adb.exe shell ln -s /sbin/busybox /system/bin/busybox

echo Copying new files

adb.exe push files / (Move flash to device)

echo Installing performance pack

adb.exe push performance /

echo Setting permissions

adb.exe shell /sbin/busybox chmod 0755 /system/bin/*

adb.exe shell /sbin/busybox chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su

adb.exe shell /sbin/busybox --install -s /system/xbin

echo Done, rebooting

adb.exe reboot

The script attempts to install Flash, later deletes the contents of the folder (?) and then moves the file to the device ?

Edited by Guest

Guest Toxophilite

I have a problem with Flash - doesn't work with Dolphin HD or Xscope.

I have been using the stock browser - Flash is fine for e.g iPlayer.

Read that other the other browsers seem better than stock browser.

Decided to try them - installed and loaded OK, and they work OK except no Flash.

Performed re-enable of Flash as per Paul's Post#1 above - no joy.

I'm on v1.06.5 with mcr R6.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

OK Thanks - sorted.

Reboot of Vega sorted problem.

Edited by Toxophilite

Guest mclanecxantia

i recently got my advent vega.

so i am a complete newbie. sorry for saying that.

my version is the one WITHOUT flash.

it says kernel version 2.6.32.9_P10_v1.06.5_20101213_dix_uk

build number harmony 2.2 frf91 ....

how can i get the android market working and how to get flash working ???

sorry when my question is stupid. there are so many postings about these topics and i cannot read all those pages.

i would like to see an overview that explains to me (english is not my motherlanguage)

how to do it.

Guest Restless_UK
Which version of flash is most stable?

Seem to have 3 APKs on my device.

Suggestions welcome

Thanks

There should only be one in the Shuttle_priv folder, "libflashplayer_froyo v10.1.95.18_signed"

i recently got my advent vega.

so i am a complete newbie. sorry for saying that.

my version is the one WITHOUT flash.

it says kernel version 2.6.32.9_P10_v1.06.5_20101213_dix_uk

build number harmony 2.2 frf91 ....

how can i get the android market working and how to get flash working ???

sorry when my question is stupid. there are so many postings about these topics and i cannot read all those pages.

i would like to see an overview that explains to me (english is not my motherlanguage)

how to do it.

Have you installed Paul's R6 Rom Update.. if you have it's comes as part of it.. just follow the information in the first post...

Guest mclanecxantia
There should only be one in the Shuttle_priv folder, "libflashplayer_froyo v10.1.95.18_signed"

Have you installed Paul's R6 Rom Update.. if you have it's comes as part of it.. just follow the information in the first post...

i have problems installing the roms.

i downloaded them. i connected the pad and my machine via usb.

but i have no clue how to install pauls roms.

i have debug mode on on the vega. i can both see the USB icon and the android icon.

my pc uses vista 64 bit.

i have no clue how to change the USB drivers that came with the download-pack.

HOW do i have to change usb drivers ???

Guest mclanecxantia
i have problems installing the roms.

i downloaded them. i connected the pad and my machine via usb.

but i have no clue how to install pauls roms.

i have debug mode on on the vega. i can both see the USB icon and the android icon.

my pc uses vista 64 bit.

i have no clue how to change the USB drivers that came with the download-pack.

HOW do i have to change usb drivers ???

ok. i succesfully installed pauls customer rom via my windows XP-32 netbook.

i am now looking forward to get ad-hoc wifi working because

wifi via the HTC HD2 hotspot was not working yesterday.

it seems it has to do with the way the pad is using connection with the mobile-hotspot software

in my htc hd2 hotspot.

saw there is a thread in this forum about it.

thanks so far for bringing my tablet "up-to-date".

Guest unclebob31

I have froyo_gles2_20101206_v10.1.120.1_signed.apk

is 1.95.18 more stable?

Thanks

Guest Restless_UK
I have froyo_gles2_20101206_v10.1.120.1_signed.apk

is 1.95.18 more stable?

Thanks

hehe, i stole the name off another members post as it looked right.. i jsut checked and i have the same version as you though in theory our is a newer version anyways... 120.1 > 95.18

Edited by Restless_UK

Guest unclebob31
hehe, i stole the name off another members post as it looked right.. i jsut checked and i have the same version as you though in theory our is a newer version anyways... 120.1 < 95.18

Thanks mate

Guest Damianed

Hi Guys, lurking, reading, modding recently.

Have to say Vega is great (with R6 and Pauls ROM update). However I've still got a problem with Flash. I have froyo_gles2_20101206_v10.1.120.1_signed.apk and when I try to restart it just doesn't work. I have reflashed the r1.06.5 download and it still won't work.

btw to restart Flash I go via iFilemanager (as instructed) and restart the flash.apk, restart the Vega and BBC tell me I need to download Flashplayer?

Any ideas? everything else if fine, even better having installed the Gallery3D update to improve pic quality.

Brilliant, Paul!

Its just your contributions, that made me buy more android devices and recommend to my friends as well!

.. not to mention a paid membership to modaco ;)

Keep it coming!

Guest swarrans
Grr. Doesn't seem to matter what I do, I can't get Flash to work. This is getting most annoying.

What exactly have you done?

I'm not really sure what can go wrong installing flash?...

Guest countrylad
What exactly have you done?

I'm not really sure what can go wrong installing flash?...

I flashed the latest Modaco ROM and, to be honest, didn't try out a Flash site at that point to see if it was working. Like a wally, before reading any more of the forum, I applied the Market update for Flash that the Vega notified me of. Certainly no Flash working now!

I've tried running the .apk in Shuttle_priv and downloading the updated, optimised versions highlighted in this thread and running those. Still no joy, even after reboots. The only remaining option I can think of is to re-flash the ROM from scratch (and if that doesn't work, try a wipe and re-flash).

So, to be honest, I perhaps shouldn't whinge until I've done the re-flash. I was just hoping one of the fixes outlined here would do the job!

Guest Lennyuk
I flashed the latest Modaco ROM and, to be honest, didn't try out a Flash site at that point to see if it was working. Like a wally, before reading any more of the forum, I applied the Market update for Flash that the Vega notified me of. Certainly no Flash working now!

I've tried running the .apk in Shuttle_priv and downloading the updated, optimised versions highlighted in this thread and running those. Still no joy, even after reboots. The only remaining option I can think of is to re-flash the ROM from scratch (and if that doesn't work, try a wipe and re-flash).

So, to be honest, I perhaps shouldn't whinge until I've done the re-flash. I was just hoping one of the fixes outlined here would do the job!

Completely uninstall any flash you have from the market.

Download the file from here and push it to the place that is said, then use a file manager to find it and click then install like any normal app.

Guest countrylad
Completely uninstall any flash you have from the market.

Download the file from here and push it to the place that is said, then use a file manager to find it and click then install like any normal app.

That sounds like a plan! Haven't got it with me now, but I'll try as soon as I can.

Thanks for the advice.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cleavepm

I just tried the NI Adam browser - was OK but decided to go back to stock. Have done that OK and rebooted.

When I access (for example) the BBC Sport site which has a video window on it the browser closes. I've tried iPlayer and it works fine.

What's going on?

Guest cleavepm
I just tried the NI Adam browser - was OK but decided to go back to stock. Have done that OK and rebooted.

When I access (for example) the BBC Sport site which has a video window on it the browser closes. I've tried iPlayer and it works fine.

What's going on?

Bump..... ;)

Guest cleavepm
Bump..... ;)

Have installed Dolphin HD browser and everything works fine through that. Have tried stock browser and that's now working too.

Hey ho......

Guest wetdogish
Flash support on the Vega seems a little strange. Strange in the way it's installed and strange in itself.

Upgrading or updating seems to occasionally break Flash support in the browser, as does installing an updated version from the Market (the Vega seems to have an accelerated version specifically for the Tegra hardware).

If Flash has stopped working on your machine, the fix is super easy!

Simply browse in iFileManager on the device to /system/etc/shuttle_priv and click on the APK file to install.

DONE! :P

P

Hi i was about to instal release 1.08 then thought it might remove flash? does it ?

Just checking before i do something really stupid

Thanks

Simon

Flash support on the Vega seems a little strange. Strange in the way it's installed and strange in itself.

Upgrading or updating seems to occasionally break Flash support in the browser, as does installing an updated version from the Market (the Vega seems to have an accelerated version specifically for the Tegra hardware).

If Flash has stopped working on your machine, the fix is super easy!

Simply browse in iFileManager on the device to /system/etc/shuttle_priv and click on the APK file to install.

DONE! :P

P

Super smooth install of 1.08 and MCR7...

Only just tried a iplayer, and no flash.... and unfortunately no /secure/etc/shuttle_priv folder

navigated with ifilemanager and can get to /secure/etc and browse that but deffo no shuttle_priv folder.

Has anyone any ideas, or should I wait till I get home and push the apk onto the machine with the adb ?

Regards

Steve

Super smooth install of 1.08 and MCR7...

Only just tried a iplayer, and no flash.... and unfortunately no /secure/etc/shuttle_priv folder

navigated with ifilemanager and can get to /secure/etc and browse that but deffo no shuttle_priv folder.

Has anyone any ideas, or should I wait till I get home and push the apk onto the machine with the adb ?

Regards

Steve

Just to answer my own post, I downloaded flash from here http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...r-for-the-vega/ onto my laptop and copied it into dropbox. Opened Dropbox on the Vega and installed the .apk magic now have Flash again.

Have had a couple of FC and reboots trying to demo a very flash heavy site in normal browser.

I have firefox on now so will try that.

I hope I have the correct version of flash. its libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101028_v10.1.95.22_signed.apk ?

will try iplayer and report back if any problems.

Steve